F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now he's making it sound like it was his idea to postpone it.

It's like when he "made the decision" to dissolve his business advisory council after everyone already quit it.

It's like when he "made the decision" to dissolve his business advisory council after everyone already quit it.

Jackass. :rolleyes:

Trump would be dumb enough to pay for them.

And another plus, Trump canceled his ego-stroking military parade (a day after the Pentagon canceled it for him) and will go to the one in Paris.

He's in love with Macron for some reason.

And sure enough he is making it out to be the fault of Democrats (DC's mayor is a Democrat) and how they "poorly run" the city because his fragile ego can't accept anything less than an excessive (usually fraudulent) claim about his opponent.

Trump and Omarosa Had a ‘Weird’ Fight With Vietnam Vets

Long before she was his chief antagonist, Manigault-Newman was tapped by President Trump to handle veterans’ issues for the White House—causing immediate backlash from vets organizations who read this as a slap in the face and a betrayal of his campaign rhetoric about “taking care of our veterans.”

After some vocal public shaming from military veterans and advocates, Trump, accompanied by Manigault-Newman, met with principals from various vets organizations in the Roosevelt Room on March 17, 2017.

The president began going around the room asking the different representatives what they were working on and how his administration could help, having made veterans’ issues a cornerstone of his 2016 campaign rhetoric.

Soon, he got to Rick Weidman, co-founder of Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA), who was one of Vietnam vets in the room that day, having served a tour of duty in 1969 as a medic.

According to two sources in the room who requested anonymity, this is when things went off the rails.

During the course of the meeting, Weidman brought up the issue of Agent Orange, an extremely notorious component of the U.S. herbicidal warfare on Vietnam. Weidman was imploring the president and his team to permit access to benefits for a broader number of vets who have said they were poisoned by Agent Orange.

Trump responded by saying, “That’s taken care of,” according to people in the room.

His reply puzzled the group.

Attendees began explaining to the president that the VA had not made enough progress on the issue at all, to which Trump responded by abruptly derailing the meeting and asking the attendees if Agent Orange was “that stuff from that movie.”

He did not initially name the film he was referencing, but it quickly became clear as Trump kept rambling that he was referring to the classic 1979 Francis Ford Coppola epic Apocalypse Now, and specifically the famous helicopter attack scene set to the “Ride of the Valkyries.”

Source present at the time tell The Daily Beast that multiple people—including Vietnam War veterans—chimed in to inform the president that the Apocalypse Now set piece he was talking about showcased the U.S. military using napalm, not Agent Orange.

Trump refused to accept that he was mistaken and proceeded to say things like, “no, I think it’s that stuff from that movie.”

One clue belying the president’s insistence is that the famous Robert Duvall line from the scene in Apocalypse Now, “I love the smell of napalm in the morning,” is not “I love the smell of Agent Orange in the morning.”

He then went around the room polling attendees about if it was, in fact, napalm or Agent Orange in the famous scene from “that movie,” as the gathering—organized to focus on important, sometimes life-or-death issues for veterans—descended into a pointless debate over Apocalypse Now that the president simply would not concede, despite all the available evidence.

Finally, Trump made eye contact again with Weidman and asked him if it was napalm or Agent Orange. The VVA co-founder assured Trump, as did several before him, that it was in fact napalm, and said that he didn’t like the Coppola film and believed it to be a disservice to Vietnam War veterans.

According to two people in attendance, Trump then flippantly replied to the Vietnam vet, “Well, I think you just didn’t like the movie,” before finally moving on.

Coincidentally Agent Orange is Putin's codename for Cheetoh.

Which his followers are praising him for, some comments on a local article about it are along the lines of "Finally, a President who is looking out for American taxpayers instead of abusing them!" and I'm just like

tumblr_n6ooa7sgQJ1s3hgsno1_250.gif

I mean, how much taxpayer money has been wasted with all his golfing again?

(my gosh I'm getting so much milage out of this gif since he was elected).

I'd love to see it not happen because it is a waste of money.

Oh, no doubt. How much of that money could have helped out Obamacare or gone towards our veterans? A much better use of federal dollars.

"Now we can buy more jets!"

Even a ten year old can google the price of a military jet jackass.

Last edited:
Well if you follow his logic, he's saying that the took money away from buying jets in the first place in order to have this parade.

I can't possibly begin to follow his logic. I wouldn't know where to start.

Which his followers are praising him for, some comments on a local article about it are along the lines of "Finally, a President who is looking out for American taxpayers instead of abusing them!" and I'm just like

tumblr_n6ooa7sgQJ1s3hgsno1_250.gif

I mean, how much taxpayer money has been wasted with all his golfing again?

(my gosh I'm getting so much milage out of this gif since he was elected).

They do know the parade was his idea in the first place, right?

My parents who are big Trump supporters didn't even know he wanted a parade or that one was being coordinated in the first place. Same with the shenanigans involving the bill he signed and later revised to omit any negative effects on Russia.

Because it doesnt exist. :p

'Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
-Lewis Carroll
:woot:

My parents who are big Trump supporters didn't even know he wanted a parade or that one was being coordinated in the first place. Same with the shenanigans involving the bill he signed and later revised to omit any negative effects on Russia.

My 70 yr old mother who doesn't even curse told me the other day she now hears his voice on tv and can do nothing but flip him off. I love her.

Are they so willfully ignorant in other areas of their lives?

Verdict for Manafort may be coming in...

EDIT: Bah, false alarm. Seems one of them has an event tonight, and want to be out by 5 to reconvene Mon.

Last edited:
Any investors in here? What are ya'll's take on Trump wanting to get rid of quarterly earnings reports, opting for only twice a year?

Imagine if Trump sends a crew to "get the tapes" and they get caught? The irony of course would be lost on the Trump supporters.

Trump had that one doctors office raided looking for files. So it wouldn't be the first time. Sadly Trump supporters didn't care then either. Heck, we'd probably have a story on Fox "News" that night saying Hillary threatened Trump if he didn't raid Omarosa's house. Or Trump would just threaten Iran again as a distraction.

Last edited:
Any investors in here? What are ya'll's take on Trump wanting to get rid of quarterly earnings reports, opting for only twice a year?

It is something that has been tossed around before. I have healthy skepticism that it would cause investors to take a longer view on their investments. Nor do I really trust businesses to not use less reports to hide things more.

Verdict for Manafort may be coming in...

EDIT: Bah, false alarm. Seems one of them has an event tonight, and want to be out by 5 to reconvene Mon.

This is going to end in a hung jury, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"