February 2008 Solicitations

Butch seems to be the go to guy helping out on some big titles like Cap and Iron Man.

Mark's FF should be awesome,his Ultimate F4 run was more adventurous and straight forward than anything he's ever done.Hopefully Hitch can keep up though.He had 4 or 5 issues in the can a month or 2 ago,so by the time this comes out,he should have a HUGE amount of lead time.Keyword=should.

I don't see how that Giant Size X-Men is going to fit in the mix of things.Both Avengers teams side by side?Nah.Get that man on Planetary #27!

Am I the only one irked by the possibility of Milliar
giving Reed a love child :csad:

Doubtful of that happening.He mentioned something on his board a while ago of focusing on the family aspect of the original 4,no love babies or anything like that.

Maybe I'm just so used to seeing Hitch draw super-real-looking stuff in The Ultimates, but his 616 Fantastic Four costumes look kind of strange (the mass of monochromatic blue just doesn't jibe with expectations for his art style). Otherwise, I'm really looking forward to the Millar/Hitch 12 issue run, which should keep us entertained for many years to come.:cwink:

Seriously annoyed that it looks like New X-Men is over; of all the titles to cut as redundant, they target the teen title, which has been around consistently since 1983? That said, Kyle and Yost on X-Force means I'll check it out.

The Giant-Size AXM cover looks fantastic (and it will probably be delayed by at least a few months). It's good of them to acknowledge that there actually are other X-Men.

Mike Choi as the new artist on UXM is fantastic.

He also mentioned he wasn't writing FF :o

The more I see of Messiah Complex and its conclusion, the less excited I am for it. It feels like the nineties. It feels like we've done all this already.

Butch Guice drawing Captain America sounds awesome. I was worried when perkins left, but Guice is a perfect replacement. And anyone else think that Hitch FF cover looks pretty bad? I mean, look at Sue's face, especially the wonky eyes. Ugh.

Also, this X-Men: Legacies looks to be pretty redundant. Isn't this what First Class is for?

Doubtful of that happening.He mentioned something on his board a while ago of focusing on the family aspect of the original 4,no love babies or anything like that.

That, and the likelihood that Reed, pre-Susan got some serious tail? Or that he'd cheat on her?

Very unlikely.

The more I see of Messiah Complex and its conclusion, the less excited I am for it. It feels like the nineties. It feels like we've done all this already.
I've gotten that feeling more and more lately.

"The flashier, the better".

That, and the likelihood that Reed, pre-Susan got some serious tail? Or that he'd cheat on her?

It's been clearly explained several times, (I think even on Marvel.com,) that Reed has to work with his ex from a whil ago, as she's the scientist needed for the job.

Sounds like fun to me :up:

That girl who was as smart as him, and hot?

Yeah, I guess. But I don't see him cheating.

Not cheating, but I'm pretty sure I read where Millar implied there's an illegitimate kid to be introduced. Either way the run will suck. Most things Millar do.

Not cheating, but I'm pretty sure I read where Millar implied there's an illegitimate kid to be introduced. Either way the run will suck. Most things Millar do.

Civil War sucked,Spider Man sucked,but let's not be calling the Scotsman sucky,there are numeorus other writers ahead of him in the line of suck.

Butch Guice's art is looking very sharp.People forget that Epting has had trouble keeping deadlines with Cap as the run has progressed.The whole reason he split the load with Perkins was to get some lead time.Guice is a fine talent and I'm sure he will blow minds as he has in previous issues of Iron Man.

Every thing Joss Whedon does is great in my eyes, so I must have Giant Size X-Men.

surprising fill in choice for Thor,these issues should be good

Marvel is kicking off 2008 pretty well in my opinion.No real dependence on events,just solid separate ongoing titles.

IRON%20FISTRandall_GreeMist.jpg

HERC114_COV.jpg

HULK_2_COV.jpg

THORV2007_cvr.jpg

CAPA035_COV.jpg

FF554-cover_col.jpg

Wow the coloring and art on that FF cover don't mesh very well.

The new Captain America costume would look better on that cover without the shine.

We have Alex Ross and Epting to thank for the new shinyness.

As I recall, didn't Epting basically say that the Shinyness was just a touch Alex Ross put on, and that it wouldn't be shiny in the book? Guess not, but it looks 5000 times better without the metallic shine.

He and Guice are the guys drawing it monthly,so I'm sure whatever they decide on goes.

Everything looks and sounds great. I'm excited for The Incredible Hercules to start, and Breitweiser and Larosa doing interior art on an Orson Randall story is the best news I've heard all day. Oh and Djurdjevic's Thor cover looks AMAZING, much better then his one with Coipel. I'm definitely looking forward to his two issue arc.

I'm pretty overwhelmed with the amount of Marvel I'm going to be picking up next year.Seriously though,I think the company is seeing one of its best periods right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"