Incredible Hulk: Plot Synopsis!!!

A post from HulkMovie.Com
---------------------------------------

Here is the official synopsis found on the Universal Pictures website (more complete than the one discussed):

"The explosive, action-packed adventure in one of the all-time most popular superhero sagas unfolds with a cure in reach for the world's most primal force of fury: The Incredible Hulk. We find scientist Bruce Banner (Edward Norton) living in shadows, scouring the planet for an antidote. But the warmongers who dream of abusing his powers won't leave him alone, nor will his need to be with the only woman he has ever loved, Betty Ross (Liv Tyler).

"Upon returning to civilization, our brilliant doctor is ruthlessly pursued by The Abomination (Tim Roth) -- a nightmarish beast of pure adrenaline and aggression whose powers match The Hulk's own. A fight of comic-book proportions ensues as Banner must call upon the hero within to rescue New York City from total destruction. And on June 13, 2008, one scientist must make an agonizing final choice -- accept a peaceful life as Bruce Banner or the creature he could permanently become: The Incredible Hulk."

Banner will have to chose between the chance of being cured or the risk of permanently be the Hulk!?!

Let the speculations begin.

Hmmmm.......interesting.

And on June 13, 2008, one scientist must make an agonizing final choice -- accept a peaceful life as Bruce Banner or the creature he could permanently become: The Incredible Hulk." [/I]

Banner will have to chose between the chance of being cured or the risk of permanently be the Hulk!?!

Let the speculations begin.

I think Banner will have to give up his cure in order to stop the Abomination, kind of like with Ben Grimm in FF1.

Def sounds awesome. :up:

It does seem quite interesting but who knows what the final product will be like. Lets hope it is as good as this synopsis can lead us to believe.

will either of them be able to absorb water? I hope that power carries over from his fight with Absorbing Bearded Dad

nah, they wont be able to.

I must be the only guy here that doesnt like this idea of them actually finding a cure for Hulk. I always thought that should be Banner's work for the rest of his life, to find the cure for Hulk but never actually finding it. He should always be close but the "cure" doesnt actualy work the way he wants it to. There should be no cure for Hulk IMO, Banner and Hulk must live with each other for ever, thats the way i always thought it should go. Maybe Banner can find away to cut down some hulk-outs but he shouldnt be able to stop completely.

Personally, I love the idea. To me it adds to the tragedy and drama of what it's like to be in Dr. Banner's shoes, by having happiness soooo close but not being able to actually grasp it. Also according to the synopsis, this will give Banner a chance to show his heroic side and total selfnessless by giving up the thing he wants the most in the whole world and that's to be rid of the monster and have the chance to be able to love the one woman he wants most in the whole world.

I do believe, that after this chance of actually having the cure and not being able to take/keep it, Banner should never get that close to a cure again. He should always be in constant pursuit of a cure but never finding one.

I bet that Bruce and Betty have made a cure and Bruce is about to use it, Abomination is then causing havoc in New York and only Hulk can stop him. Betty tells him to take the cure because she can't bare to see him in pain and agony with his battle with the Hulk, she tells him that her father can stop Abomination but Bruce knows that it is only the Hulk who can stop Abomination.

Bruce tells Betty that he is going to stop Abomination then take the cure. While Hulk and Abomination battle, the building containing the cure is destroyed along with the cure. After the battle Bruce has to accept who he is and accept his cure: Hulk. Bruce will then go on the run because General Ross is after him after the demoliton Hulk and Abomination caused.

In TIH2, cue in the Leader and the return of Abomination.

It seems that Zak Penn has written a very good story.

That is pretty well done ^^ Bravo!

But we shall see whether the finished product resembles your ideas which I personally like. :up:

Cool plot synopsis. They def. could do worse...

For those of you who haven't, might I suggest you read Tales to Astonish 90/91. This is the first appearance of the Abomination, and a fairly self-contained "episodic" story that, in my opinion, would (with a few modern updates) make for a great transplant into the script.

It accomplishes everything I think a great Hulk movie should have:

1.) opens at a great jump-on point (Banner "coming down" from a Hulk rampage)

2.) the villain's origin is tied directly to the primary story (Blonsky uses Banner's device). You don't have to abbreviate it for screen time, or doctor the script to tie it together.

3.) it gives you multiple key encounters that actually further the plot. Hulk loses, and Abomination makes off with Betty, setting up the final act.

4.) it balances the Banner/Hulk relationship. Neither Banner's intellect or Hulk's strength are enough. Instead, Banner neutralizes the Abomination to an even match, and the Hulk squares him up.

5.) it's an excuse to have a 20-minute smash fest. Give two brutes a chance to slug it out in a populated area and collect your bank. Nuff said.

6.) it closes cleanly. You don't have "kill" the villain or "cure" the hero. Depower Blonsky, beat him down, and drain the rest of him off. It leaves room for him to return, and yet resolves the immediate problem. The military can cart the guy in a crate and stick him next to the Ark if they want. Haha. Banner can either be unable (machine damaged, used on Blonsky, etc.) or even unwilling to cure himself at the moment. If he hitchhikes down the road at the end to the sad walking-away music, I'll mail LL the money myself.

Just my $0.02

Something I have been wondering based upon the plot synopsis is what the cure is going to be? I'd read that Banner's condition is something almost like a form of cancer. I'm not too sure.

I wonder is the "cure" gonna consist of a process with exotic sci-fi machinery and equipment and a form of radiation therapy or will it be a chemical antidote of some kind or a combination?

Personally, I would love a scene where Banner is hooked up to all this weird equipment, writhing in pain, trying to be free of the Hulk.

^ That would be cool. However then that pain would cause him to Hulk out and destroy the machinery. Oops. That would be perfect.

Cool plot synopsis. They def. could do worse...

For those of you who haven't, might I suggest you read Tales to Astonish 50/51. This is the first appearance of the Abomination, and a fairly self-contained "episodic" story that, in my opinion, would (with a few modern updates) make for a great transplant into the script.

It accomplishes everything I think a great Hulk movie should have:

1.) opens at a great jump-on point (Banner "coming down" from a Hulk rampage)

2.) the villain's origin is tied directly to the primary story (Blonsky uses Banner's device). You don't have to abbreviate it for screen time, or doctor the script to tie it together.

3.) it gives you multiple key encounters that actually further the plot. Hulk loses, and Abomination makes off with Betty, setting up the final act.

4.) it balances the Banner/Hulk relationship. Neither Banner's intellect or Hulk's strength are enough. Instead, Banner neutralizes the Abomination to an even match, and the Hulk squares him up.

5.) it's an excuse to have a 20-minute smash fest. Give two brutes a chance to slug it out in a populated area and collect your bank. Nuff said.

6.) it closes cleanly. You don't have "kill" the villain or "cure" the hero. Depower Blonsky, beat him down, and drain the rest of him off. It leaves room for him to return, and yet resolves the immediate problem. The military can cart the guy in a crate and stick him next to the Ark if they want. Haha. Banner can either be unable (machine damaged, used on Blonsky, etc.) or even unwilling to cure himself at the moment. If he hitchhikes down the road at the end to the sad walking-away music, I'll mail LL the money myself.

Just my $0.02

I like it! Makes a lot of common sense... (SP3 spoiler) #6,That is the thing I didn't like about the ending of SPM3 was the way Venom was just BAM and gone... It would be tough to bring him back and he didn't have much more then a cameo!

Starting out with action would really bring in the audience, get them involved immedietly and then build up the plot!

They better have Roth use Gamma to turn into the Abomination or whatever they are going to call him. :cmad:

Advanced Dark, have you emailed/PMed Louis to ask if this synopsis is official?

He's in Toronto now and he is reading my messages but his responses are very short. He probably wishes he had 10 days in a week right now I'm sure. I thought this was confirmed official by Universal (distributor).

Anyone can, I just handled all the suggestions and questions for him during the script stage here on SHH and myspace to make it simple. Those suggestions ALL went to him and Zak, & others from what I understand which is quite cool. So he knows me and recognizes my name, etc...They do pay attention. Obviously they can't make a film just for fanboys but Marvel will do it right. Anyways of course you can PM him...good luck. :)

If you can't find someone's myspace they probably don't want to be found. I actually found Louis when Tom was his only friend and was chatting with him before he started. He was totally cool to talk to but obviously as production got closer and closer his time to chat with us fans diminished quite a bit. Hopefully we'll hear something from him soon either her on SHH or on Myspace. My ears are on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"