First look at Takara 1/6 scale Begins fig

The Only Woj said:
gah! I can't tell which is better. Takara has the edge on the head, but I think Hot Toys has the body. Gah! I need money!
The difference for me is the 'naturalness' of the Takara figure... it just looks more 'true-to-life' (except for neck seam of course, but even that is kinda accurate to the real thing ;)
BatScot said:
takara.logo.gif

img05-1.jpg
img05-2.jpg

img05-3.jpg
img05-4.jpg
... whereas the Hot Toys version has more of a 'doll' look

BatScot said:
... and, apparently, no head articulation whatsoever, which gives a further advantage to Takara (in a certains sense).

You know, this thread reminds me of the old days when we were scouring the internet for photos of the real thing... ah, the memories.

Jesus, I leave this thread for a little, and find out "Hot Toys" is making a 12 inch Batman figure as well? Which one do you guys think is better? What acceccories come with each, what is the price difference? Do you prefer the likeness to one then the other? We should compare pics of the figs, with pics from the studio shots for BEGINS to compare, lol. When does each come out? Thanks for the help... I'm looking to get one of these.

Whack Arnolds said:
Which one do you guys think is better?
I'm in the Takara camp for the moment.

Whack Arnolds said:
What accessories come with each?
It appears that the Hot Toys version may have better detailed utility belt items compared to the Takara version, and that both have the grapnel gun. But, it also appears that Takara may have a version of the 'proto-batsuit' (i.e. the suit Wayne uses before donning the cowl). The question remains, however, whether or not this alternate set-up is part of the production run, but it's an intriguing notion for the time being.

Whack Arnolds said:
what is the price difference?
Takara apx. $150, Hot Toys $130, give or take $10 in either direction.

Whack Arnolds said:
Do you prefer the likeness to one then the other?
Yes, the Takara seems more Bale-like and true-to-life.

Whack Arnolds said:
When does each come out?
Jun-Aug ’06 seems to be the most likely schedule with the Hot Toys version being the earlier of the two.

Whack Arnolds said:
I'm looking to get one of these.
… to replace your DC Direct 13”?

Just kidding ;)

BatScot said:
I'm in the Takara camp for the moment.

But, it also appears that Takara may have a version of the 'proto-batsuit' (i.e. the suit Wayne uses before donning the cowl). The question remains, however, whether or not this alternate set-up is part of the production run, but it's an intriguing notion for the time being.

It's just the harness over the normal suit. It's different from the real suit/harness in the movie - look closely and you can see some flaps attached to the harness that cover up the chest-bat, whereas the real suit in the movie had the chest visible with no bat on it.

Adding the flaps to the harness is obviously a compromise, since including a whole new suit (or upper body) would be prohibitive.

So I'm assuming you'll get the harness and a different head with the Takara - I see no other reason for showing that picture. Anyway, if that's the case it'll be a nice display option to display it that way.

BatScot said:
Just kidding ;)
Uhh, yes. lol
Dude, the Mattel stuff was 3x better than the DC direct figure. Not to mention I had the Medicom for a short period of time, but it got placed into my little cousins hands and I never saw it since. But the head was hollow, and the proportions didn't look right, and like whenever you took off the guantlets to switch hands, the material underneath would bunch up and it looked super-******ed. I hope either the Takara or the Hot Toys ends my BEGINS merchandise with a BANG and not a whimper. :up:

BatScot said:
I would like to see Bale's head without the cowl. This one is certainly my favorite in terms of sculpting, and this pre-batman feature is great too.

man that is a great TAKARA fig, but they got the gauntlets wrong.

batsone said:
The gauntlets look accurate…

thtg.jpg

... the filigree detail that was apparent in the originals is masked on bat-suit gauntlets as a result of them being spray-painted.

Or did you notice something else… like maybe that horizontal bridge?

batsone said:

I don't know they, look accurate enough for me.
BTW, they're bracers, not gauntlets.

^How much is it? EDIT - question answered......

Wow!!
Holy Smokes Both are great!
Some detail issues on the sides of the chest armor...added details where there arnt any on the real suit and the cape is way off but damn...nice on both fronts!!!
Oh...I mean on the shot of the cape wide open, otherwise on the figure standing the cape seems fine. Little things on the cape are missing but man is it cool just the same.

David

Whack Arnolds said:
Getting the Takara BEGINS and Superman Returns figures...

There's a Takara Superman figure? I think you mean the Hot Toys or Medicom.

spider-hunter said:
And Hot Toys deliberately make the head sculpt on their figures such as batman, Terminator etc look nothing like the actor. I'm guessing to avoid paying royalties.

However, their Brandon Routh likeness on their Superman figures is dead-on. The best sculpt out of any Superman returns figure or statue I've seen, IMO.

Nice. I'm really liking the Takara very much. Any idea if it comes with a ski-mask (and a stapler) for the pre-battified suit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"