"Flash and Substance" Talkback/Discussion

Savage said:
Man, I'm just so glad to see this show back. :D

You said it dude.
:up:

Savage said:
Yeah, someone mentioned it earlier too. Think it was definately a nod.

Plus, they did say that Wally's uncle was flying in. So yeah, definately nodding to ol' Barry.

Yeah I thought that was definately a very cool nod to Barry.

It's on.
I'm entirely too happy about this.

Flash: "Do you have to come"
Batman: "WE'RE COMING."
Flash: "But you're so slow"
Batman and Orian exchange looks

Anyone notice Grodd's helmet from "The Brave and the Bold" and the globe with Flash and Superman racing on, a referance to the STAS episode "Speed Demons"

Red X said:
Anyone notice Grodd's helmet from "The Brave and the Bold" and the globe with Flash and Superman racing on, a referance to the STAS episode "Speed Demons"

Oh yeah. They do such a great job at providing nods to continuity in other DCAU shows.

Maybe someone already said this.....but the guy working in the police lab with Wally looked like Barry Allen.... Very nice. Made me wish that Flash was Barry.

Man! I thought that insane cartoon before this one would never roll the credits!! Some Asian craptastic yellow afro dude. :mad: I'm sitting there in amazement at how our tastes have been dumbed down so badly. It's 10:30 PM and JLU is just now coming on!! :mad: And that disjointed piece of horse pucky that calls itself a cartoon, gets a better time slot than JLU??? :mad: :mad: :supes: :batman:

They're really just crapping all over JLU. For the life of me, I can't understand why. I mean, the time change, the long ash hiatus, all the uncertaincy...I don't get it. CN cannot have that many shows that garner this much attention. That leads me to believe it's all about $ as to why JLU gets such treatment.

And it pisses me off every time I think about it.

Mister J said:
They're really just crapping all over JLU. For the life of me, I can't understand why. I mean, the time change, the long ash hiatus, all the uncertaincy...I don't get it. CN cannot have that many shows that garner this much attention. That leads me to believe it's all about $ as to why JLU gets such treatment.

Is the director at CN 12-years-old or something????:mad: That's the only way I can explain this! :mad: :mad:

I think they just wanna push it off for some cheap anime. I'm happy that we finally got a new ep tonite, but I can't help but to think this is the last run. I'm clinging to the notion that some heads will turn when everybody buys up Seasons 1 & 2 when they're released. JLU deserves another season.

celldog said:
When did Orion become JLU???

Well in the Timmverse, I think his first ep was in S:TAS. I guess it kinda just carried on from there. Plus, he was in that episode where Batman and Wonder Woman went to New Genesis.

It's not the clearest, but I think they were just pulling in heroes left and right. It is Justice League Unlimited. I wish he had more screentime for further development/explanation.

Season 6, anyone?

celldog said:
Man! I thought that insane cartoon before this one would never roll the credits!! Some Asian craptastic yellow afro dude. :mad: I'm sitting there in amazement at how our tastes have been dumbed down so badly. It's 10:30 PM and JLU is just now coming on!! :mad: And that disjointed piece of horse pucky that calls itself a cartoon, gets a better time slot than JLU??? :mad: :mad: :supes: :batman:

You missed the wierdest part of that show...

...Wait for it...

They fight with their nose-hairs.

Seriously.

I'm not s**ting you, they fight with their nose-hairs.

Mister J said:

They don't even advertise JLU during Miguzi. Only Bo-bo-bulls*!t and Nurtaro(TVPG). So they advertise something that's TVPG and some BS show but not JLU?

They did have a huge advertisement for JLU right before it aired!!!! After BOBOBOBOBOBOBO**** stuff.

I didn't know that a new episode would be on until a commercial came on last night. And as usual,great episode.:up:

MaskedManJRK said:
You missed the wierdest part of that show...

...Wait for it...

They fight with their nose-hairs.

Seriously.

I'm not s**ting you, they fight with their nose-hairs.

Are our kids really into this stuff?? Have we dumbed down this far??? :mad: :mad: :supes:

I hate kids these days, kids 8 years ago were so much cooler and had better taste :o

Loved last night's episode. Funny (Villians chillin' in a bar=priceless) as well as touching (Wally's conversation with the Trickster was surprisingly touching, and really grounded the episode.)

Loved last night's episode. Funny (Villians chillin' in a bar=priceless) as well as touching (Wally's conversation with the Trickster was surprisingly touching, and really grounded the episode.)

This episode was great, I loved seeing Flash out of costume as a CSI. I loved the characterizations of eveyone, Batman appreciated Flash in his own way, Orion thought he was just a fool at first, and it showed Flash's character really well too.
He jokes around like Spider-Man to keep things from getting too heavy. He is also friends with everyone in the city. I also loved showing the costume in the ring, and how he interacts with his villians. Batman and Orion are ready to crack some skulls but Flash's villians arent that hard to handle.

My favorite part was his dealing with The Trickster. A friendly talk instead of beating him up, he promisses to visit him in the hospital and they'll play darts.

And the animation was good too.

it was really good, and finally showed more about Flash, but i dont think a whole series about him would work without some characters for hi to play off of like Batman or Green Lantern.

which episode is next? When going to commercial they showed clips from the Legion episode and the Green Arrow episode, and others. and I forget which episode was showed in the credits, I think it was deadman.

The next episode looks to be the one with Deeadman. Should be badass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"