The Dark Knight Rises Recast Joker or Resurrected Two-Face

maybe complete for TDK but what did Joker?? "I think we are destined to do this forever"

Which does not neccessarily means "in the next movie".

If Two-Face didn't die in TDK the whole theme of the movie "Die a Hero or live lond enough to become the Villian" wouldn't work. Move onto others.

Id' rather see neither.

But if I had to pick. Recast Joker. Aaron Eckhart was better than Ledger in my opinion, and they could never top the Two-Face storyline by doing Dent: Mob Killer.

The script is irrelevant. There were a number of things in the script that were different than what was filmed. What is actually stated on camera is what's important.

How is the script irrelevant? Yeah there a few minor differences like lines and a few scene changes that nolan probably decided to change once filming began, but he is not gonna change a major plot point to the movie.
Do you have a link to an exact quote of Nolan saying that? And when he said it?
At one point before filming, Nolan said definitively that Joker would not be wearing makeup. That changed. How do you know he didn't change his mind about Two-Face's death as he did about Joker's makeup? And did he say Harvey Dent was dead, or Two-Face was dead?
It's been said many times in the comics that Harvey was dead, but that Two-Face lives instead (metaphorically speaking). It's possible that Nolan would use that concept, He seems to like using concepts like that right from the comics.
Anyway, I have yet to see anything that indicates 100% that TF is indeed dead. Or not dead. I'm gonna wait until the next movie before I make any such proclamations either way.

I don't ever recall him saying this. If you have a link please post it. And they had to have decided long before filming that the joker would wear make-up so it sounds like bs. And I don't see why people want two-face back so badly. If two-face is not dead then he is only going to kill again and ruin what batman did at the end of the dark knight. I think your kind of in denial that two-face isn't coming back when eckhart has confirmed his character is dead and don't expect him in sequels.

If Two-Face didn't die in TDK the whole theme of the movie "Die a Hero or live lond enough to become the Villian" wouldn't work. Move onto others.

That is a very interesting point. What Batman was trying to do was make Dent look like he died the hero instead of becoming the villain. So if he was alive it ruins one of the dark knight's themes.

The script is irrelevant. There were a number of things in the script that were different than what was filmed. What is actually stated on camera is what's important.

Exactly. And him dying is what was stated on camera.

Do you have a link to an exact quote of Nolan saying that? And when he said it?

Nolan AND Eckhardt said it.

At one point before filming, Nolan said definitively that Joker would not be wearing makeup. That changed. How do you know he didn't change his mind about Two-Face's death as he did about Joker's makeup?

Because he changed his mind about Joker's make-up BEFORE shooting the movie. Nolan already killed Two-Face. It's a little late to change your mind about it.

And did he say Harvey Dent was dead, or Two-Face was dead?

Two-Face. And him being Harvey Dent means that both (that are actually only one) died.

It's been said many times in the comics that Harvey was dead, but that Two-Face lives instead (metaphorically speaking). It's possible that Nolan would use that concept, He seems to like using concepts like that right from the comics.

Or use things that are completely different than the comics as well.

Anyway, I have yet to see anything that indicates 100% that TF is indeed dead. Or not dead. I'm gonna wait until the next movie before I make any such proclamations either way.

You need to see TDK only. That is where things happened.

I remember when fans were claiming that Ra's had survived. Next movie came and said nothing about him. He died in the first movie and fans just weren't accepting it.

if i take emotion out of it, i'd just re-cast joker. as much as i don't want them to. harvey's death is integral to the narrative and is behind the very meaning of the dark knight. to un-do that would take away the power of the finale for me. and you cannot bring a dead man back to life. joker is not deceased, and could be brought back. so he wins by default.

Could they just get a good actor and cgi the face to look like ledger and have joker only come out at the end of the movie in a epic way. Like he was the mastermind behind every thing, fooled the Riddler, fooled the batman and proved that no one can surpass him as the greatest criminal mastermind. And the music score is more anti-hero, instead of sounding like a villain. Like Alice In Chains - Angry Chair 1:17 to the song but with a musical orchestra.
It would be paying a ultimate tribute to ledger.
So what you think? Flame on! I can dream of making movies! :yay:

Last edited:
ARE YOU KIDDING?...MOVE ON TO OTHER VILLAINS? HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?

I agree,lol.

OK!OK! I give! You talked me into it. He's dead.
Too bad, though.

if i take emotion out of it, i'd just re-cast joker. as much as i don't want them to. harvey's death is integral to the narrative and is behind the very meaning of the dark knight. to un-do that would take away the power of the finale for me. and you cannot bring a dead man back to life. joker is not deceased, and could be brought back. so he wins by default.

This is what I was hoping to see from people when I started this thread. The story is the most important part and I wanted to see if people realized that.

Okay guys, you are all saying that two-face is dead, HE IS NOT! Nolan clearly said when he started doing Batman Begins, that he would not kill any characters, because its not what happens at the comics, he didnt wanted to kill any villains. The scene where Gordon talks in Harvey Dent's funeral is because they (him and batman) felt that if the public knew he had become Two-Face, the would lose the battle for gotham's soul. So Two-Face IS NOT DEAD, they never tell us what happened to him, hes probably in arkham, without people knowing hes Dent.

So, not only is he not dead, but I do think they should recast the joker, I mean, Ledger was PERFECT, but you just have to move on... and not having the joker once you've stablished hes presence in the world, is just CRAZY.

They just tell gotham dent is dead... and keep it a secret.

Okay guys, you are all saying that two-face is dead, HE IS NOT! Nolan clearly said when he started doing Batman Begins, that he would not kill any characters, because its not what happens at the comics, he didnt wanted to kill any villains. The scene where Gordon talks in Harvey Dent's funeral is because they (him and batman) felt that if the public knew he had become Two-Face, the would lose the battle for gotham's soul. So Two-Face IS NOT DEAD, they never tell us what happened to him, hes probably in arkham, without people knowing hes Dent.

So, not only is he not dead, but I do think they should recast the joker, I mean, Ledger was PERFECT, but you just have to move on... and not having the joker once you've stablished hes presence in the world, is just CRAZY.

Batman Returns managed it.

Yeah, good point. We may not see him next time, but he will show up eventualy. In the 4th movie maybe. Who knows what they're planning...

They just tell gotham dent is dead... and keep it a secret.

If that were true, whats gonna happen in 3. Two-Face is in Arkham and escapes and commits more crimes. Everyone is gonna find out that Harvey did not die a hero and he became the villain and completely ruin the ending to the Dark Knight.

:facepalm:

This is what I was hoping to see from people when I started this thread. The story is the most important part and I wanted to see if people realized that.
i certainly do realise that. i am all for dent returning for batman 3, though. in flashback form of course, considering he's dead as a door nail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"