Infinity War Fortunately, I Am Mighty - The Thor Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Manhunter

Zack Snyder & MCU Fan
Reaction score
I really hope he gets more focus than he got in the first 2 films. What do you all think?

I think he will be the messenger that brings together the Avengers to stand against Thanos. So he'll be around.

What better way to show how powerful Thanos is?

tumblr_ndz3f8YCO71sgaqfho1_500.gif

tumblr_ndz3f8YCO71sgaqfho2_500.gif

Thanos was gold in that show. I don't care what anyone says.

His power level was spot on, but overall I thought he was childishly bad. He was written like a child, and his voice was just cringe worthy

Eh, different tastes. I guess they wouldnt make a super complex backstory Thanos in a kids cartoon. But the MCU Thanos will hopefully be your cupnof tea

His role in Age of Ultron felt a little forced/struggled to make him relevant, and at the same time [that role] not making much sense to many (set up of the infinity stones, etc)... I'm hoping he has actual stakes in what occurs and not have his story forced upon him for the sake of setting up future films.

Thor will likely have a large role in the films. Thanos is stealing Asgardian artifact(the Aether/Stone). He'll want it back, and bring the Hulk with him to help. It doesn't have to be anyomore complicated than that for him to be relevant.

Hell, reality is in danger. None of the heroes need a bigger reason than that to be relevant.

His role in Age of Ultron felt a little forced/struggled to make him relevant, and at the same time [that role] not making much sense to many (set up of the infinity stones, etc)... I'm hoping he has actual stakes in what occurs and not have his story forced upon him for the sake of setting up future films.

Thor's vision and the infinity stones set up was one of my favourite parts of AoU because they were pretty clear lead ins to Thor: Ragnarok and Infinity War, but I agree that those scenes would probably seem fairly random and nonsensical to the casual viewer.

I imagine that Thor will have a fairly key role in IW. Feige is on record saying that Ragnarok is the most important phase 3 film in relation to the build up for IW, so whatever transpires there will more than likely have a direct effect of the plot of IW.

AoU setup ALOT of stuff. Same for CW, the only other film that will likely be that important again post IW is Thor 3. MAYBE, Black Panther.

They've said Black Panther will be important in leading into Infinity War so I'd drop the maybe from that statement

They've said Black Panther will be important in leading into Infinity War so I'd drop the maybe from that statement

True. Its the laat movie before IW so thata actually a given.

I'm all for more Thor focus. Especially after whatever happens in Ragnarok. I'm looking forward to it all.

I think Thor will be the one to come down and warn the Avengers of Thanos. As well as bring Hulk back to Earth.

So Thor's hair is going to grow back or they just did it in the concept art?

It is reasonably assumed he loses Mjolnir (or he's unworthy again).
His hair is trapped in a pocket dimension on the side of the hammer which is returned to him when he gets the hammer back.

So Thor's hair is going to grow back or they just did it in the concept art?

Based on the Ragnarok story details that have emerged, it seems like between escaping Skaar and coming to Earth to find Odin his hair has grown back.

Well the only reason we've heard he cuts his hair is some agreement with Grandmaster to battle in his arena. WHAT that exact agreement is for we have no idea yet. It might deal with answers to who is behind the appearances of the Infinity stones

I'm confused. The sublot with Odin is likely to be near the beginning of the movie considering the concept-art with Loki, Thor and Hela we've seen.

I'm confused. The sublot with Odin is likely to be near the beginning of the movie considering the concept-art with Loki, Thor and Hela we've seen.
Thor and Loki TIME LINE wise go searching for Odin in the middle of Doctor Strange I would guess.
Thing is, we STILL don't know WHEN Odin went missing or HOW just yet, since Dark World. BUT, it happened before the end of the movie where Loki returned to Odin as the Guard, and probably just before Age of Ultron.
We THINK Hela might have had her hands in that via Loki and Thor didn't know and we haven't seen yet.
What IS in Thor Ragnarok follows A Ragnarok story where Odin ends up on Earth as a bum not clear as to who he was, and remembering bits and pieces.
Hair itself can grow pretty quick on some people, so by the Time Thor finishes Ragnarok and gets to where we see him in that concept art with Rocket, it can be as long as it was in the First Thor film

Last edited:
It is reasonably assumed he loses Mjolnir (or he's unworthy again).
His hair is trapped in a pocket dimension on the side of the hammer which is returned to him when he gets the hammer back.
We did hear kind of where/how Thor Looses Mjolnir. It was described by a prescreener of Ragnarok that Hela had been seen Holding Mjolnir by the Mallet-head and pointing with the handle, then Thor ends up on Sakaar where he makes some kind of deal with Grandmaster

Thor and Loki TIME LINE wise go searching for Odin in the middle of Doctor Strange I would guess.
Doctor Strange seemed busy in the middle of Doctor Strange. Easier to just assume Thor comes visiting after those events.

Thing is, we STILL don't know WHEN Odin went missing or HOW just yet, since Dark World. BUT, it happened before the end of the movie where Loki returned to Odin as the Guard, and probably just before Age of Ultron.

Not too much "just before" because the Avengers had been taking out Hydra bases for a while before taking on Strucker. I think it was Stark who mentions he was getting tired playing whack-a-mole with Hydra and they mention the strength of defenses during the assault.

We THINK Hela might have had her hands in that via Loki and Thor didn't know and we haven't seen yet.

That's become much less likely now that we know Hela escaped her cage and Loki recruits Thor to help while simultaneously revealing his death was a hoax. What's the point of the charade if not to take the throne and rule without interference like he always wanted?

What do you think happens, Loki's working with Hela, lets her out and then he's all like "whoa that's 10/10 on the hot/crazy scale. Everyone take cover." His lax rule is what allows her her freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"