FOX Shared Universe

Discussion in 'X-Men Sequels' started by Green Goblin, Jul 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

You don't have to tell me that again. At least I don't tell people to make their own thread and dictate things to others what they should say or not. And I don't question people if they are really a fan of the X-Men or not.

That would be great!

You can think of it as trolling because you don't agree with me but I don't think I troll. I'm very serious with my posts and I actually raised very good points and this issue is very important to me because its about the future of this franchise. And its not like I just copied and pasted the things I've been saying about this certain subject. And I don't try to piss people off, because if I was, I would be posting that same emoticon that most of you are using as a reply to my posts and I also don't insult people here or give them names when they disagreed with me.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  2. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

I'm not calling you a troll because I disagree with your opinion. It's because of the spamming. People are not even arguing against your opinion about spinn offs. That's why you keep seeing :bdh: everytime you mention the subject. It's been done over an over so its pointless. You don't seem to understand what that means. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flogging_a_dead_horse

If you think your not posting the same thing over and over your flat out wrong. You do this in every thread, won't stop and just repeat yourself even when someone is not replying to you. Enough people have complained. It's not your opinion thats the problem it's the spamming. Thats why your getting close to troll territory.

3. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

lets let it go, def. He doesnt understand it, he doesnt want to understand it and we wont ever understand, so lets go back to our positive discussion and if he keeps posting the same things, lets ignore it and keep discussing, as the rest of us do.

So back to Topic... wich Xmen cameo would you all like in Xforce? anyone from Original cast to connect movies or another new character?

4. Great Mind(s)

Great Mind(s) Broken

I don't consider First Class a spinoff...its more like the next 'phase' of X-films. Because I don't consider DOFP part spinoff part 'real' xmen movie....

X3 ended with a fake happy ending and we took a detour to the past in FC to give us backstory and to set up DOFP. The Wolverine is kind of a spinoff slash solo adventure mini x film to bring us back from the FC era to present time post X3 and to also further set up DOFP.

Now DOFP to me feels like the 'event' film of this phase, after FC and TW.

So imo, Phase 1: X1, X2, X3
    Phase 2: FC, TW, DOFP

XMOW doesn't belong to anything, it was a failed experiment.

5. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

lol.

OW was phase 2, but being the only spin-off of that phase. (sadly)

But yeah DOFP is the event film of phase 2. Or in any case, the bridge between phase 2 and 3.

This movie will open the doors for next movies, including sequels to previous ones and new spin-off/s.

Cant wait for the day I could say: 'Phase 3 was my phase, with that sequel, that spin-off, that other sequel, and that other event" :D

6. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Cameo wise, guess it depends on the story and what they do with the characters. Or if X-Force has to do with the actual X-Men team at all. If Warpath is cool in DOFP, I'd like to see him return since he's a major X-Force character. He's one of my favorites. I'm also fine with Wolverine showing up since I would rather seem him in X-Force now. So I guess those are the two I'd like to see show up as of now.

I wouldn't be fully against it, but I don't want them really putting non X-Force members in the film. There's so many I don't see a reason too.

7. Great Mind(s)

Great Mind(s) Broken

Apocalypse...

8. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Definitely. :up:

I consider him an X-Force villain as well as X-Men.

9. Green Goblin

Should get his own film...

10. Great Mind(s)

Great Mind(s) Broken

Yes but if he should be the big bad of this next era of x films, he should be built up. Have a cameo in some form teasing Age of Apocalypse. Then we open with an ancient Egypt flashback in aoa

11. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Agreed 100%

He needs to have a presence that suits his villain role. Just one film won't do it.

12. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

If Wolverine isnt an actual member on this spin-off, I guess a Wolverine cameo is highly unlikely.

But if it was up to me, Id put a Cyclops cameo above anyone else. Of course taking into account a possible return at the end of DOFP.

Id love to see a scene where the audience learn that Cyclops know the existence of X-Force and is in contact with Cable. You know, a little scene where Cable informs Scott about a certain event or how is the team doing.

Something like that would be pretty cool and would give Scott a little more development in the long term. Telling us the audience that he is the leader in the new present and he is in control of current situation and what kind of missions these mutants have right now.

13. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

I'd be cool with a Scott cameo if they wanna connect him with Cable. That would be pretty awesome actually. I just wouldn't want an full on X-Men VS X-Force scenario quite yet. Down the line that would be very cool. Just exploring the difference in morality would be fun to watch imo.

14. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

yeah, the possible crossover should come later. But connecting the series already with Scott and Cable knowing each other would be awesome, without doubt.

it would be one of those "straight from the comics" moment

but knowing our luck, Im afraid we wont get it. At least not on X-Force 1. :(

15. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm just assuming they are not having Scott and Cable connected. Would be great if they did. But it's probably best not to get hopes up just with how this franchise has treated family members.

16. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

oh, I wasnt meaning being father and son, but connected in the sense of knowing each other, and X-Force being authorized by Cyclops.

Thats an easy cameo right there.

17. Green Goblin

AOA could be an event film but what other stories? Days of Future Present?

18. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

I think that a Wolverine cameo in XF is pretty likely. He has a connection to the team, but they may not want him actually on the team, so this is a nice compromise.

19. CyclopsWasRight

CyclopsWasRight Well, he was.

One thing i'd love is the opposite of an 'event' film.

A small personal movie without a clear-cut villian that tells a story of young & scared and angry runaway Mutants in the underbelly of society. Those who slipped through the cracks that show the other side of the coin to Xaviers retreat. They'd go through lots of deep emotional hardships and some would make it to the Mansion and be taken in but others not lucky enough to survive in time.

I agree with this. Remindsme of the Metal Gear Solid franchise.

Two games, then an origin game then a fourth game that ties them together

20. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

I hope they save him for the X-Men.
    You are entitled to your own opinion. And you are the one who are trying to piss people off especially your comments towards with me. I never get personal but you and Angamb do.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  21. Great Mind(s)

Great Mind(s) Broken

Yes they should save Apocalypse for X-Men but it would be cool to have hints and forshadowong beforehand. Like Thanos in MCU

22. Green Goblin

X-Men + F4 v.s Apocalypse?

23. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Hopefully no.

24. Green Goblin

I could see FOX doing it though.

25. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

I really don't see the F4 being significantly thrown in the mix for awhile. AOA I think will start being set up pretty quick though. IMO An AOA with X-Force+X-Men seems way more likely to me. No reason to shoehorn the F4 in there that I can see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.