Friends, Batfans, Oldbies...

And they hate black people. Makes me feel like a Mexican in the Immagration Station :o

Every time I come back, the community posts seem to degrade in quality, but some of the other forums are still pretty good.

Amen. I decided to start posting again a month or so ago and I'm honestly starting to think it was pointless.

It feels like this has become the world's most content free message board.

Ummmm... I dunno, maybe I'm misreading the mood of that post, but it seems kind of odd to come into a thread designed for people to be wistful about the Hype! of old and then make a sarcastic comment about how people are complaining about the Hype! of new.

I'm sorry. I guess I just think it's like going to Dairy Queen, eating the food and then saying "Pfft. Why don't you go milk some more cows and refine their product until it's edible ice cream:up:":dry:

Unless you legitimately like hearing me complain:dry: That's never happened before but people seem touchy about Hype! sarcasm lately, so hey, maybe that was... sincere?

If so, sorry. Much love.

^heh, at least JL's humor hasn't abandoned him.:up:

Amen. I decided to start posting again a month or so ago and I'm honestly starting to think it was pointless.

It feels like this has become the world's most content free message board.
Same here. I go back and read the posts that originally made me join and they're so much better than what I see in here now.

Before, most of the threads were great. Now, almost everyone is a poorly conceived retread of an earlier version.

I've no clue what happened to Calvin, Phantasm, Super Ludacris, or Kipobe. It's so dead in here I'd almost want to see Jplaya2023 create some threads just to piss everyone off, so I could get a few laughs. Well, almost.:cwink:

Alexia Dark said:
Not the current brand of random, which consists of saying Hi for ten pages and then *****ing about batnewbs.
*sighs*That's all it has become, though the flaming isn't as funny as it used to be.:csad:

Same here. I go back and read the posts that originally made me join and they're so much better than what I see in here now.

Before, most of the threads were great. Now, almost everyone is a poorly conceived retread of an earlier version.

I really miss stuff like that time some 12 year old made a thread called "Clones have NO SOULS!!!" and for like 70 damn pages, Calvin and I and a few others just dissected his posts in the most hilarious ways. Then discovered he actually had a message board for Power Rangers, which included his profile: "Spider-Ranger: Spiderman fan, and MAYBE, a real power rangeR"

It was one of the golden moments in Hype! history and I just don't see the Hype! having that mischievous, malicious wit in it anymore to spend 70 pages just tossing around every hilarious, weird, slightly off colour possibility and thought.

Calvin was hilarious because he argued for the sake of arguing and the people who became entangled didn't get that. They'd waste pages trying to justify/explain something he was never going to agree with. He was just trying to get a rise.

Ok, people. Choose a option and you know the rest.

I would fight zombies...especially if the zombies were slow. If they could run...I'd still fight them...just use a gun(s). I would have fun killing the zombies. I'd be mad through with no power, no tv, no internet...and would probably do something stupid. Like spearing a crowd of zombies, thus, being most likely eaten alive by them.

This is a classic example of the kind of post that would send the old hype cavalry running to crush dreams, crush spirits, and extinguish any hope another poster had of succeeding. Now, people on here are just rude for no reason.:csad::down

Wilhelm Scream in the 'Why Do People Cut Themselves thread' said:
Haha, I knew a girl who wanted cut herself, but she was too elitist to want to be lumped in with all the freaks who cut themselves, so she kept an iguana with really long claws, and would "play with it", meaning, roughhouse with the giant iguana, and let it hang on her arms like a tree limb, and the effect was that her arms looked like hamburger.

So, on one weird day, we'd been up all night drinking, and spent the day together, and finally thought we were attracted to eachother...so we're on my bed starting to make out, and then she grabs my forearms and digs her thumbnails into it them so hard that it draws blood, and to this day, I have these two little scars on my forearms.

fuh-REAK, lol

Posts like these are why they should let Wil come back.

edit: Also, where's Maxwell's Demon?

Last edited:
I never see any mods outside of the Community. And even then, they're just red letters. What am I not doing to attract their attention!? :(

I never see any mods outside of the Community. And even then, they're just red letters. What am I not doing to attract their attention!? :(
You're not antagonistic; you're reasonable and I've yet to read a post where you ripped into someone.

Far too many posters just get off on being mean on message boards. And then complain when they're given probation or banned. I'd even be willing to bet money that they act differently in real life; but the anonymity the internet provides is a funny thing.

This is a classic example of the kind of post that would send the old hype cavalry running to crush dreams, crush spirits, and extinguish any hope another poster had of succeeding. Now, people on here are just rude for no reason.:csad::down

Posts like these are why they should let Wil come back.

edit: Also, where's Maxwell's Demon?

Seriously though, is it kosher to ask WTF happened to Wil? He was here just a few days ago and *poof* gone.

Last edited:
I haven't seen Equint around here also. Did he get banned or just leave?

Equint is off working at a bar. Or running one, I know he wanted to open one up eventually

Really? I hope it worked out for him; I haven't chatted with him since I deleted my MS account.

*peeps in the lounge*

No reason to post there.:o

Far too many posters just get off on being mean on message boards. And then complain when they're given probation or banned. I'd even be willing to bet money that they act differently in real life; but the anonymity the internet provides is a funny thing.

Pretty much.

Also, Max is done with messageboards and off livin it up with his wife, and Equint is busy working it seems. He's alive, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"