FX's The Americans

That is awesome praise coming from Stephen King

Deadline's Emmy chances...

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/downtown-abbey-mad-men-breaking-bad-game-of-thrones-emmys-drama/

THE AMERICANS

Since FX’s 1980s-set spy yarn is still in its freshman season—and still suffering from comparisons to Showtime’s Homeland—its best bets for nominations are its standout leads, Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys. But, since neither TV vet has been recognized before by the Emmys, even they are, if not long shots, pretty far-off medium shots.

fantastic, Ive always liked Granny

I guess it'll be in the premiere as she transfers out and welcomes in her replacement. Aw, gonna miss her. Still miss her as Mags Bennett on Justified.

So I think I want to start watching this or homeland. Does anyone have any opinions on which is better?

So I think I want to start watching this or homeland. Does anyone have any opinions on which is better?

I think that Homeland had the better first season, but The Americans is a very good show. Homeland is more about the espionage part of spying. In that show you see a lot of intelligence gathering with a little action here and there. The Americans has that as well, but it delivers more fights than Homeland. On The Americans you get a lot of disguises and hand-to-hand fights.

Homeland just came off of an excellent season, so it's got a head start, but The Americans is a damn good show to start following. It just depends on what you prefer more out of what I described.

I agree that Homeland's first season was better, but everything after that? Eh, let's just say I hope the Americans does better job at maintaining its quality.

As long as season 2 doesn't focus mostly on the teenage daughter, it'll be ok.

What is it with tv shows and bad teenage daughters? I know teens are bad, but not to that level. At least the daughter in Banshee sort of got her act together.

Some promos...

[YT]ye0ReBmLA-4[/YT]

[YT]cUFmiNYsqdQ[/YT]

[YT]Up6N9JnM8mU[/YT]

[YT]F3iBNnpZqFU[/YT]

123+kr.jpg

Certainly doesn't hurt that they're dating now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"