FX's The Americans

Good start. Like the two leads and their dynamic.

I'm glad they addressed how wishy-washy Phillip is at times.

tumblr_mhgz8dTxiE1qbgdqpo1_r1_500.jpg

Hot!

Good start. I totally expected the wife to be the "emotional" one who might be having doubts and be wanting out, just because that's what always seems to be the case in these type of stories, so I found the reversal refreshing. :up:

Last edited:
My cable provider is being an epic **** right now. I am completely missing the last ten goddamn minutes.

Comcast, I'm gonna skull**** you. :cmad:

Aw dude the last bit was intense. You gotta get that in son!

DON'T YOU THINK I KNOW THAT?!?! *flips table*

:csad:

I missed something. Who's the guy attacking the pervert in his backyard?

It wasn't so much the disguise but how well the scene was shot. You never really got a clear look at him until the last bit when he walked off eating the burger.

It was creepy when the camera showed him leering around the corner, panned down to the grill, came back up 2 seconds later and he was gone. The entire subplot with the Errol the scumbag was one of the many highlights of the show.

This was so ****ing awesome. Thank god there's finally a new show on worth watching. It's been almost 2 years, I was worried for my future television watching needs.

^It has the potential to be on the same level. As much as i love Homeland the latter part of the past season was ..off....

Yeah, this show is definitely one i'll be tuning into every week. As of right now there aren't any good shows currently on. They're either on hiatus or in-between seasons. This will keep me satisfied until the likes of Breaking Bad, TWD, Dexter, Falling Skies, Grimm, etc return...

Thank you.

I think i'll let the season run before I watch it. I don't delving into something that isn't worth my time, I've been a sucker for to many shows that start good and end up duds.

a damned fine first episode..the ending..awesome

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/fxs-the-americans-premiere-pulls-3-22m-viewers/
FX’s ‘The Americans’ Premiere Pulls 3.22M Viewers
By DOMINIC PATTEN

The nearly two-hour premiere of The Americans on FX Wednesday bested the debuts of American Horror Story and Sons Of Anarchy. The new FX series pulled in 3.22 million viewers in its 10 – 11:38 PM debut last night. That’s better than the 3.18 million who watched American Horror Story’s October 5, 2011 premiere on the network. The Americans also beat the 2.3 million who watched American Horror’s season finale last week in the same time slot. The new series garnered 1.57 million viewers among the Adult 18-49 demographic, better than SOA did in its debut with 1.55 million in the demo. Over its premiere and two encores last night, The Americans had a total viewership of 4.7 million.

The series stars Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell as two sleeper KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington D.C. in the early Eighties. FX has ordered 13 episodes of the series created by former CIA agent and Falling Skies scribe Joe Weisberg. Joel Fields, Weisberg, Graham Yost and Amblin TV’s Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank executive produce for Fox TV Studios and FX Prods.
Promising. :up:

Fantastic premiere this looks promising, will be back next week.

Show was awesome, fx does it yet AGAIN.

Russel was more convincing than i could have imagined. Everybody was great actually.

FX is by far my favorite basic cable network.

better or worse than homeland?
I don't think the pilot was quite on par with early Homeland, but it definitely has the potential to match it or even eclipse it.

The good news is most FX shows don't divebomb in the quality department, so while Homeland has since crashed and burned I'm hopeful that Americans lives up the amazing start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"