G.I. Joe ROC: User reviews!

if u hold the movie to the same standards as the cartoon, the movie is actually much better than the cartoon. c'mon, 4get the cartoon's a classic for a sec & it's story isn't that great either.

just work w/ me on this.

I thought the movie was enjoyable and had great action scenes.

My favorite Joe character has always been Cobra Commander- and I loved the voice they gave hi in this, it was perfect until he put on the helmet at the end. That whole scene was just terrible.
"alright, we'll call you Destro now, and I'll be in charge instead!"
The romance between Scarlett and Ripchord was terrible. Ripchord and Duke themselves were actually just terrible.
Oh, and Cobra Commanders origin never bothered to tell why he decided to be a jackass all of a sudden. . . .
And the opening scene was totally unnecessary. Good mood, but uneeded- particularly when they're already juggling 2 other backstories!

A lot of flaws, but I gave it a 7 out of ten because it was pretty enjoyable. . . now I'm thinking 6 would've been more accurate. Definitely better than TF2 though. Miles better.

For anyone saying the accelerator suits were "OMFG IRON MAN RIPOFFFFZZZ!!!11" Stephen Sommers actually wrote a script 10 years ago called "Accelerator" that was enbtirely based on the suit. But it never gor picked up. So think before you post, or at least try to do some research first.

Having seen this film, I found it to be not a great film (like The Dark Knight, Batman Begins, or Iron Man), but a good film based purely on popcorn entertainment value. I actually liked this better than Transformers 2 (for which reasons they are repeated quite a lot in this board), and the rivalry between Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow was the highlight of the film for me.

Overall, I'd give this film a 7/10.

So, finally watched it and it was way too comic booky for my taste. I would've prefered something more grounded and more hardcore military. Also, I hated that some chicks little brother turns into the Cobra Commander.

6.5/10

Great action but too much camp and some god awful dialogue and acting. Tatum wasn't as bad as I expected and actually did a decent job except for his fist scene when he adresses his men before they transport the war-heads...holy crap did he sound horrible and awkward. It's a dumb but fun movie and a perfect way to waste some time. Here's hoping for a better movie for a sequel.

Just saw the film, and what can I say? 4/10... as bad as ROTF. At least Bay can take some of the military aspects seriously as he did with the first TF. I hope Sommers never gets a serious CB property again. Let him come up with his own goofy ideas and make campy movies from that. Don't take material that we loved and cherished as kids and **** all over it.

It's funny that G.I Joe: Resolute, a cartoon, was less cartoony than the real life movie. And I enjoyed it a lot more.

Just saw it, i say 5/10. It was enjoyable, but i was just expecting more

6/10

Corny? Yes.

Felt like a video game at times? Yes.

Bad GCI? Yes, at times.

Enjoyable? Surprisingly Yes.

Last edited:
Channing Tatum was terrible, completely unwatchable performance.

I love ninjas so I enjoyed the ninja fights.

Far too many flashbacks/the script was terrible and completely nonsensical.

JGL was hillariously awesome in the most over the top character that I have ever seen. It wasn't exactly good, it was a purely cartoon performance but I loved it. He is a great actor and even shows it in crappy camp.

Arnold Vasloo makes any movie more awesome.

I didn't feel any of the action scenes. They were confusing and the bad CGI didn't help.

None of the characters are fleshed out in any way shape or form so you just don't give a f**k if they live or die.

I mostly had fun with it but it could have been an actual great bad movie if it had somewhat of a storyline, a different lead actor and tried to flesh out some of the characters.

5.5/10

It's the best comedy of the year.

I had never seen Tatum in anything else before this, he was eh....I didn't hate him, but Im not a big Duke fan anyway...

I was not big on Sienna Miller, but after seeing her with the black hair....yea...Id give her the ol' Texas Wafflehouse

mebbe...Paramount essentially owns the summer movie season now

They were the company behind the new one.

Just watched my Blu-ray of G.I. Joe...loved it just as much as the first time. :woot:

mebbe...Paramount essentially owns the summer movie season now

Back in the early 2000's I would never have guessed that Paramount would turn into the blockbuster powerhouse it is now. Back then they were pretty much in the position Fox is in right now, making mildly successful movies that pulled in a profit because the budgets weren't very big to begin with. Now though, they're pretty much the kings of tinsel town, and with their partnerships with Hasbro and Marvel that's probably going to continue for quite a while. Quite a turnaround story, I must say!

BTW once Best Buy is open today I'm gonna go pick up GI Joe on Blu-Ray. :D:up:

This is sort of off topic, but has anyone been able to find a rip of the GI Joe theme from the Rise of Cobra video game? I've been looking for it but I've had little success in finding it. That was one of the only good things to come out of that mess of a game, and yet it looks like no-one has put it on the internets as of yet.

i think its because no one cared enough about the game to even bother

I was looking around a bit, but nothing. Like BL said, no one has cared about it enough.

Too bad. I wish I knew more about file dumping / unpackin / etc. because I'd do it myself, but I unfortunately don't have the know-how about how such things work.

I watched it last night and loved it. I gave it an 8 out of 10, but if I hadn't grown up playing G. I. Joe, watching the cartoons, and reading the comics, I bet I would have given it a 10 out of 10 . . . even with Cobra Commander's stupid mask.

One of the worst movies I have ever seen. 1/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"