BvS Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
they could write it into the story that the world machine somehow exposed the island. that the electromagnetic pulses disrupted their cloaking ability.
it will be interesting to see how they handle this.

Themyscira presents several challenges. One of them being why the Amazons choose to live there. But what becomes a bigger hurdle is the idea of just women living on the island so I wouldn't be surprised if Warner Bros leaves many of the questions to be answered in another film since too much world-building can be detrimental to the success of a film.

Themyscira presents several challenges. One of them being why the Amazons choose to live there. But what becomes a bigger hurdle is the idea of just women living on the island so I wouldn't be surprised if Warner Bros leaves many of the questions to be answered in another film since too much world-building can be detrimental to the success of a film.

Read Azzarello's New 52 Wonder Woman. He definitively answers that question.

yeah there are a lot of things that will have to be addressed. how/why did they choose to be a separate society (or did they?)
is it only women on the isle?
will they be advanced technologically? will there be magic and "gods" involved? or are they like Asgardians and their tech only appears to be magical because it's so advanced?
Did they exist in a parallel "pocket" dimension much like the Phantom Zone? (in the world but not IN the world) and that's how they remained undetected?

I think a detailed look of Themyscira would be left to solo WW movie, this movie will be just giving a brief intro to her backstory.

From everything I have been hearing, Gadot’s role will be tantalizingly limited. So if correct; it will only leave a certain amount of wiggle room in what elements they can introduce.

I think a detailed look of Themyscira would be left to solo WW movie, this movie will be just giving a brief intro to her backstory.

sure a lot of the details would be left to a solo film but you'd think you'd have to answer some of the big questions about her heritage in this film. either that or she would have to remain a huge mystery. basically operating undercover then appearing in costume ,kick some butt then leave with no answers whatsoever. and it certainly would rule out her being here in search of a stolen artifact or diplomatic envoy.

From everything I have been hearing, Gadot’s role will be tantalizingly limited. So if correct; it will only leave a certain amount of wiggle room in what elements they can introduce.
That's all speculation. The truth of the matter is that they have opened up filming with her at he start. It is left to be seen how much of a roll she will have in this film, but it would be a disappointment to see all this hype about Wonder Woman on this film and not see her with any role of significance.

^ If they create all this build up only for her to have like 5 minutes of screen time, I'll know that WB isn't really serious about trying to set up a DCU.

But, my gut feeling tells me that Gadot will have a sizable role in the film.

From what I have heard Gadot will have a limited role in the movie. So on that score (if correct) I think some fans may come away disappointed. But despite being limited, there is a reason she is in the film. It is a role of importance.

^ If they create all this build up only for her to have like 5 minutes of screen time, I'll know that WB isn't really serious about trying to set up a DCU.

But, my gut feeling tells me that Gadot will have a sizable role in the film.

I'm not interested in a Trinity film, I want a Batman/Superman film, that's how you open the world without overstuffing the film. I'd rather Diana just stay a supporting character then we see maybe 5 minutes of her in costume and a small fight scene. (think Black widow in Iron Man 2) I just feel that it takes away from the Batman/Superman dynamic if you have her too much, and lets be honest, you introduce Batman into any film, anyone else is going to get overshadowed, regardless. WW doesn't deserve that, let her cook for a little more.

I think her screen time will probably be somewhere in between Phil Coulson's role in Iron Man 1 and Black Widow's role in Iron Man 2. Somewhere between 10 - 25 minutes of screen time.

The film is definitely a Batman/Superman one. Or the other way around, as some people have suggested to me. Sure, there is some world building that occurs in the film but the focus is definitely upon Batman and Superman. Wonder Woman will appear in a limited capacity since its her introduction to the big screen.

Basically if this film were Lethal Weapon 2, then Batman is riggs, Superman is murtaugh and Wonder Woman is Joe Pesci.

Manips please.

Actually from what I was told the film is about Superman first and foremost with batman being a supporting role and wonderwoman having a small yet not insignificant role.
Essentially this film is about superman's impact on the world at large and all events will transpire around him.

Wonder Woman (alongside Batman etc) are part of the world building exercise in the film. I know some fans may come away disappointed if Wonder Woman doesn’t have a huge role in the movie but all Warner Bros have promised is that Diana Prince/Wonder Woman will feature in the film (as they wrote in the official press release.) Would I like the role to be massive? Sure. But just to see her on screen is a good starting point.

Last edited:
I wonder if Gal's screentime in this film will be more or less than Agent 13/Sharon Carter in CA:TWS.

I'm calling it now: WW will have a mystery mission that dove tails with Superman and Batman's A plot through out the run time. This mission is what will directly lead into JLA.

How much screen time did Catwomen have in TDKR and BR movies? I feel like not that much, but enough. I believe, WW will have as much.

A rumor i have heard is that WW comes to warn humanity about the threat of Darkseid. Being all about magic and gods, she knows this stuff and comes to help.

Could be cool.

Diana Prince will be showcased as a mystery lady. From things I have heard, she has an interest in history and art. Wonder Woman is also seen in costume. I've also heard rumors she is there to warn of the approaching Darkseid.

Wow... We are into the "rumor" phase big time.

Where are people hearing this stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"