• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BvS Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we're wishing I'd like to come home to a letter saying some rich relative I didn't know had died and left me a billion dollars.

After putting together this little montage it definitely feels like Gal is playing to her character's role. She looks the part of an ambassador or envoy for her people, holding both wealth and authority.

image.jpg

Like many people, I'm not overly impressed by the whole Gadot in a blue dress. Yes its a flattering color but I dont see Diana Prince in that sequence. I just see Gadot. If I didnt know who she was already, it could just be another woman on the street coming out of a building.

She looks the part of an ambassador or envoy for her people, holding both wealth and authority.
Nice description, phoenix. That's probably just a hotel, but to me, it also sort of feels like she's exited an embassy. Beautiful but also business.

Different opinions. Those are make the world go around. But I have to say that the pic with Gadot getting in the car. It's scream Diana. Dat hair, That face. Wow, that presence and even if I can't see too much in detail.

Nice description, phoenix. That's probably just a hotel, but to me, it also sort of feels like she's exited an embassy. Beautiful but also business.
I got the same vibe too.

I dont see Diana Prince. What I see is somebody with dark hair in a blue dress. Just like many other women on the street who you might happen to see in a high-end part of town. That's one of the things I feel needs to be established with Diana Prince/Wonder Woman. Each has a different way of existing on screen, something to separate the roles. But then considering the role is limited (from what people have been saying) it only leaves a certain amount of room to flesh out the two characters.

Like many people, I'm not overly impressed by the whole Gadot in a blue dress. Yes its a flattering color but I dont see Diana Prince in that sequence. I just see Gadot. If I didnt know who she was already, it could just be another woman on the street coming out of a building.
OK, how would she be recognizable as Diana Prince? DP is just wonder woman in normal clothes. And that's Gal there wearing a nice dress. And Affleck will play Bruce by wearing a suit. There wont be some neon sign over his head saying "this is bruce wayne, not some random guy in a suit".

Hopefully tomorrow we get a lot more spy pics to look at

I like the idea of Diana with glasses. Sure she doesnt need them (but then neither does Clark) since both have excellent eye-sight but its something with makes the face look different. Also in terms of the dress, it would have been nice to accessorize a bit more. Maybe a nice belt thrown in (though how slim the actress is, already accentuates the waist.) Maybe something distinctive around the neck. A large bag with strap over the shoulder. Also the hair, its just kind of ordinary. I would have liked more to be done with it.

I feel obligated to post one of my favorites passages from A Game of Thrones here?

"“Syrio Forel was first sword to the Sealord of Braavos, and are you knowing how that came to pass?”
“You were the finest swordsman in the city.”
“Just so, but why? Other men were stronger, faster, younger, why was Syrio Forel the best? I will tell you now.” He touched the tip of his little finger lightly to his eyelid. “The seeing, the true seeing, that is the heart of it.
“Hear me. The ships of Braavos sail as far as the winds blow, to lands strange and wonderful, and when they return their captains fetch queer animals to the Sealord’s menagerie. Such animals as you have never seen, striped horses, great spotted things with necks as long as stilts, hairy mouse-pigs as big as cows, stinging manticores, tigers that carry their cubs in a pouch, terrible walking lizards with scythes for claws. Syrio Forel has seen these things.
“On the day I am speaking of, the first sword was newly dead, and the Sealord sent for me. Many bravos had come to him, and as many had been sent away, none could say why. When I came into his presence, he was seated, and in his lap was a fat yellow cat. He told me that one of
his captains had brought the beast to him, from an island beyond the sunrise. ‘Have you ever seen her like she asked of me.
“And to him I said, ‘Each night in the alleys of Braavos I see a thousand like him,’ and the Sealord laughed, and that day I was named the first sword.”
Arya screwed up her face. “I don’t understand.”
Syrio clicked his teeth together. “The cat was an ordinary cat, no more. The others expected a fabulous beast, so that is what they saw. How large it was, they said. It was no larger than any other cat, only fat from indolence, for the Sealord fed it from his own table. What curious small ears, they said. Its ears had been chewed away in kitten fights. And it was plainly a tomcat, yet the Sealord said ‘her,’ and that is what the others saw. Are you hearing?”
Arya thought about it. “You saw what was there.”
“Just so. Opening your eyes is all that is needing. The heart lies and the head plays tricks with us, but the eyes see true. Look with your eyes. Hear with your ears. Taste with your mouth. Smell with your nose. Feel with your skin. Then comes the thinking, afterward, and in that way knowing the truth.”"

I like the idea of Diana with glasses. Sure she doesnt need them (but then neither does Clark) since both have excellent eye-sight but its something with makes the face look different. Also in terms of the dress, it would have been nice to accessorize a bit more. Maybe a nice belt thrown in (though how slim the actress is, already accentuates the waist.) Maybe something distinctive around the neck. A large bag with strap over the shoulder. Also the hair, its just kind of ordinary. I would have liked more to be done with it.
I see we've entered silly season.

After putting together this little montage it definitely feels like Gal is playing to her character's role. She looks the part of an ambassador or envoy for her people, holding both wealth and authority.

image.jpg
She comes out the door, wears no sunglasses. Gets near car, wears them. Gets closer to car, *poof* they're gone.

h8E2U3U.gif

I suppose they did many takes of that scene. :o

She just looks like a fashionable young woman in those pictures, and maybe that's what the shots are going for. The plunging neckline doesn't say ambassadorial for me.

You make a good point guitarsingerguy. By the nature of the role, Wonder Woman is the more interesting character. And with her powers, is a larger presence. But I feel Diana Prince should have a distinctive look (or looks) of her own too. But either way it could be a moot point for the next film, since by all accounts its a limited small role. Just a couple of scenes as DP, and then the reveal as Wonder Woman. But in terms of the larger picture, and if Warner Bros really want to establish a solo Wonder Woman film (or franchise) they will need to work on the two parts.

Also I agree PacificBoy about the plunging neckline!

She looks like a woman entering a car.

Someone far smarter than myself in this thread identified the prop "signage" for the building that Princess Diana is exiting as being the Hotel Meurice, which supposedly only exists in Paris, France.

So, she's a woman exiting a hotel and entering a car in Paris, France!

Someone far smarter than myself in this thread identified the prop "signage" for the building that Princess Diana is exiting as being the Hotel Meurice, which supposedly only exists in Paris, France.

So, she's a woman exiting a hotel and entering a car in Paris, France!

Actually that poster said he only used the Paris Hotel picture of a bellhop to compare the outfit an extra had near Gal so as to suggest it might be a luxury hotel. Then people saw the signage behind the bellhop picture he had posted and mistook that for being what the set they shot Gal on to be standing in for that Parisian hotel. I was initially one of those that got that mixed up too, but no, it's not confirmed that it's supposed to be Hotel Meurice.

She comes out the door, wears no sunglasses. Gets near car, wears them. Gets closer to car, *poof* they're gone.

They're her Kryptonian-detecting Bat-glasses!

Batman gave them to her as a post-coitus gift to help her keep an eye out for evil terraforming aliens. Diana quickly slipped them on to ensure that she was safe when exiting her lead-lined hotel and then quickly stored them securely in her very-important-lady briefcase in which she also stores her gauntlets (which she is shamefully not wearing), tiara, spare star-spangled panties (because you never know when a crime needs to be stopped), Bat-shark-repellent (a less than useful post-coitus gift from Batwoman) and lasso.

[N]o, it's not confirmed that it's supposed to be Hotel Meurice.

Ooops. My bad. I got all excited about the thought of a globe-trotting Princess Diana who was engaged in multiple international missions of peace-keeping and charitable fund-raising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"