Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - - - Part 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
No spoiler talk or even hints at it here please. I don't want the movie to even be sign posted with hints that something big is going to happen or whatever.

I've been more interested in Wonder Woman's movie than BvS to be honest.

And the article says that Jenkins and her costume designer, Lindy Hemming (The Dark Knight), crafted a look that showed off the women’s ripped shoulders and toned legs, in outfits that looked practical but that still featured the tropes of the comic book, in particular the braces on their wrists and, yes, even the high heels.

And Gal definitely is looking like she has ripped shoulders and toned legs. :hmr: Look at her sexy body in that pic.

All the actresses training together would surely make them more competitive and push each other just like the Amazons.

And the article says that Jenkins and her costume designer, Lindy Hemming (The Dark Knight), crafted a look that showed off the women’s ripped shoulders and toned legs, in outfits that looked practical but that still featured the tropes of the comic book, in particular the braces on their wrists and, yes, even the high heels.
Ugh... Doesn't make any sense.

I would've preferred they wore open-toed sandals on Themyscira. Not only would it be more accurate but also more appealing with the rest of the design of the costumes.

I would've preferred they wore open-toed sandals on Themyscira. Not only would it be more accurate but also more appealing with the rest of the design of the costumes.
Absolutely.

Gal she wouldn't have been my first choice casting wise as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman but after last night seeing her in Dawn of Justice she actually wasn't all that bad as Wonder Woman...she was an okay Wonder Woman but not great

High heels were first invented for horseback riding. The heel was there to help the foot stay on the stirrup. That is why men used to wear high heels. So if the women of Thermyscira ride horses it makes sense that they have heels on there shoes.

However, if the soles of their boots are solid wedges its entirely useless.

PFCAXGeqjv4.jpg

V_KHwvEAXC8.jpg

No one really notices this wedge heel thing though. No cares about it with Sif or Widow.

I don't really care about the heel wedges so much. It's the closed nature of the Amazons' shoes that makes them look like boots that I feel don't look as good as open-toed sandals.

All those Amazon women in the background look pretty similar and related. Who is who? I'm guessing the one with the long coat is Hippolyta?

All those Amazon women in the background look pretty similar and related. Who is who? I'm guessing the one with the long coat is Hippolyta?

from right to left:General Antiope,Queen Hippolyta,Wonder Woman,Menalippe

General Antiope Trains WW and wants to prepare her for the outside world
Queen Hippolyta is WW's Mom and wants to shelter her from the outside world

Hippolyta & Antiope are sisters

Menalippe is the chief priestess of the Amazons of Themyscira. She was devotedly loyal to Queen Hippolyta and often served as an oracle and messenger for the Gods of Mount Olympus.

I was thinking the one on the far right of the pic was Robin Wright. They all look like sisters.

I really hope we see the contest. It's a vital part of WW's mythology.

When the casting was announced I was skeptical. She was tall, but very slender in the Fast and Furious movies, she didn't look like she could play a "warrior".
Recently I read she put on 17 pounds of muscle for the role and after watching B vs. S last night she now looks much stronger and tougher, very much an Amazon.

When the casting was announced I was skeptical. She was tall, but very slender in the Fast and Furious movies, she didn't look like she could play a "warrior".
Recently I read she put on 17 pounds of muscle for the role and after watching B vs. S last night she now looks much stronger and tougher, very much an Amazon.
I saw recent interview with her, I looked at her hands and I couldn't believe what I saw - she bulked up so much.

The weight that she put on is so obvious in the film, it's so funny how some people ignored that and said that she looked the same. I mean the woman isn't the Hulk but Wonder Woman doesn't have to be.

always laugh when people say oh not big enough it is like have people seen what WW looks like
wonder-woman-full.jpg

wondie.jpg

24533-wonder-woman_400.jpg

IMG_00301.jpg

but gal is not big enough
ev97rt.jpg

People are idiots especially fanboys. I just got done looking at the negative comments in the main websites talking about the new X-Men uniforms that are finally comic ispired after years of people *****ing about it not being and they still complain... reminds me of when everyone said WW was a Xena knockoff when her costume was revealed. :funny: :whatever:

The weight that she put on is so obvious in the film, it's so funny how some people ignored that and said that she looked the same. I mean the woman isn't the Hulk but Wonder Woman doesn't have to be.

I never had a problem with Gal's casting and was happy for her to do her thing workout wise, but when I saw her in that white and gold dress I was taken aback. She's really built up the upper body. Well done to her.

Some people still want a Gina Carano or Rhonda Roussey fighter type or a female bodybuilder. Or they want someone with massive boobs.

Oh well. At least Gal asked the question "What do you think of my breasts?" in her Jimmy Kimmel interview. :hmr: :ilv:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"