Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - - - - - Part 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_orb5n5bWTR1rmalxko3_400.gif

Gal Gadot interview from back in 2006 on Fox
[YT]pl1htTXv_3I[/YT]

Yes, shocking that people respond positively to a good movie. Almost as if the prior hostility was *not* based in factionalism, but the quality of the product. :whatever:

Are we in a DCEU films thread or a Gal Gadot thread? I am referring ro Gal and the opinions about her as an actress and in the role which if we can all remember among so very many was unflattering to say the least and this was about many aspects to her playing Diana. Apparently all those supposed deficiencies don't apply anymore to her.

The sea change due to the perception of success (and it is a reality that financially and critically among the professional critics it has been successful) is staggering considering what used to pass for conversation often about her around here.

And my post still applies. ;)

Does it? Does it really flick? Cuz, and I dislike the terms but the whole "Everthing, every aspect of the DCEU is hot garbage with no redeeming qualities what so ever" mind set was pretty apparent as applying to Gal in the role. The same qualities she showed previously in the part she showcased in this film. I am separating any criticism of BvS as a whole and I am talking about her as WW in the film. Can we honestly say the same things people are gushing about her in this film were not seen in her scenes in BvS? The sudden social acceptance of this film and her as the character is interesting to see, bevcause as stated she in her performance wasn't so markedly better or worse here than previously.

Does it? Does it really flick? Cuz, and I dislike the terms but the whole "Everthing, every aspect of the DCEU is hot garbage with no redeeming qualities what so ever" mind set was pretty apparent as applying to Gal in the role. The same qualities she showed previously in the part she showcased in this film. I am separating any criticism of BvS as a whole and I am talking about her as WW in the film. Can we honestly say the same things people are gushing about her in this film were not seen in her scenes in BvS? The sudden social acceptance of this film and her as the character is interesting to see, bevcause as stated she in her performance wasn't so markedly better or worse here than previously.
Come on, KRYPTON, you know we got VASTLY more from her here than in BvS. There was actual earnestness, comic timing, vulnerability and everything - an honest-to-god three-dimensional character. The praise here isn't about it suddenly being socially acceptable - it's about how she was suddenly given a great role to play, with some great direction to boot, and she played it extremely well. And that's part of being in a damn good movie.

I think it's also better not to clump everyone together as an aggregate.

I stopped by the forum to say I was looking forward to the movie a couple of times, but I didn't say anything about Gadot in the role, either positive or negative.

I am saying positive things now because I saw the movie and had a very positive reaction. There are probably a lot of other fans who had that same basic experience.

In the fan reviews and reactions, there are some who say that they still aren't 100% convinced about her as an actress, so maybe those are some of the same people who had doubts before?

So, yes, there are a lot of positive opinions now because a lot of people saw the movie and loved Gadot in the role, but I don't think it means that a lot of people are flip-flopping, necessarily. Or, at least, that is not the only thing that is happening.

Quite a few people thought that Wonder Woman's appearance was the best part of BvS also (at least on the Internet in general, I wasn't paying attention to this site at the time).

I think it's also better not to clump everyone together as an aggregate.

I stopped by the forum to say I was looking forward to the movie a couple of times, but I didn't say anything about Gadot in the role, either positive or negative.

I am saying positive things now because I saw the movie and had a very positive reaction. There are probably a lot of other fans who had that same basic experience.

In the fan reviews and reactions, there are some who say that they still aren't 100% convinced about her as an actress, so maybe those are some of the same people who had doubts before?

So, yes, there are a lot of positive opinions now because a lot of people saw the movie and loved Gadot in the role, but I don't think it means that a lot of people are flip-flopping, necessarily. Or, at least, that is not the only thing that is happening.
Exactly.

I'm one who had no problem with her in BvS, but was not yet convinced about her ability to carry a movie, based on her other roles. And so after I saw WW and was 100% impressed, I decided to come in here and share. Nothing more to it.

I liked Gal a lot in BvS, but she really shone in her own movie. Physically I never had a doubt and she was fierce as Wonder Woman in combat, but it was the humour and warmth and empathy she brought as Diana that was so great to see and made her so loveable.

She brought an innocence that avoided being childlike or naive, but rather an intelligent woman that has simply been shielded from many of the world's uglier truths, and her responses as she learned to cope with each new element were deftly played by Gal.

I liked Gal a lot in BvS, but she really shone in her own movie. Physically I never had a doubt and she was fierce as Wonder Woman in combat, but it was the humour and warmth and empathy she brought as Diana that was so great to see and made her so loveable.

She brought an innocence that avoided being childlike or naive, but rather an intelligent woman that has simply been shielded from many of the world's uglier truths, and her responses as she learned to cope with each new element were deftly played by Gal.

This was a key thing that I so NEEDED in this film and they did it well enough. It's a tricky balance that must have been difficult to pull off, both story wise but for Gal as well. I liked especially that her big arc is about coming to understanding that the simplicity of her world view was not up to the task of dealing with the problems facing the world.

That really is a great interview. Hilarious at times.

I'm glad she finally got her big break in a genre film like this.

Somewhere Joss Whedon is feverishly re-writing scenes to showcase that easy-going charm.

She is more or less a woman of mystery, or even femme fatale in BvS. One who doesn't do much of anything. Her biggest scene is watching a screen. That is nothing like her role in WW. There is way more going on, and it is very different.

Also, in all honesty, if they didn't want people to question Gal before the release, the really shouldn't have made her seem monotone in the trailers. Because what her voice can't do, she does with her eyes. That is where her sincerity lies.

I think with Wonder Woman, there are plenty of passionate moments that were pleasantly saved for the movie, at the cost of making her seem like Black Widow in the trailers. Glad we got a more layered performance :)

She is more or less a woman of mystery, or even femme fatale in BvS. One who doesn't do much of anything. Her biggest scene is watching a screen. That is nothing like her role in WW. There is way more going on, and it is very different.

Also, in all honesty, if they didn't want people to question Gal before the release, the really shouldn't have made her seem monotone in the trailers. Because what her voice can't do, she does with her eyes. That is where her sincerity lies.

Not what I meant in my post in the least DS.

Saw Wonder Woman yesterday. Gadot ab-so-lutely nailed it. Honestly, I've never seen better casting in a CBM; I'd put her up there with Bale's Batman, RDJ's Iron Man, Evans' Cap, Reeve's Superman, Snipes' Blade, and Ledger's Joker. I'm not saying she's got the acting chops (yet?) of those (although she was great at what she was required to do), but in terms of bang-on casting... perfect.

Last edited:
I learned recently that the "pleasures of the flesh" scene on the boat was entirely improvised from Gal and Chris: https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/9/15772134/wonder-woman-improv That was one of my favorite scenes from the movie, and was surprised to learn that it was all improv; both of them are super witty.

Going off that I loved that this film didn't shy away from the more sensual moments like that, either comedic, or serious in tone. That's a big part of the reason why I enjoyed the movie so much for sure. The "above average" scene, along with the pleasures of the flesh talk on the boat as mentioned. The "swaying" scene, etc. The movie even had a love scene, something you don't find too often in comic book movies. The romance was genuinely affecting. These are elements you'd more so find in a romantic comedy or drama, but the film embraced those kind of elements for its story and implemented them perfectly, and tastefully. Gal and Chris turning in really amazing performances just makes that embrace all the more amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"