BvS Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm used to seeing slender women be very strong. My all time favorite show IS Buffy after all. So seeing a slender WW really is no issue to me. And I actually prefer it to the super ripped depiction of her.

I'm actually fine with a slender Wonder Woman too, but I'm just pointing out that it's a reinvention of the source material.

Aside from the lack of curves, I'm fine with WW being thin.

The societal gender stereotypes seem to be big, athletic and bulky is a masculine characteristic. And in Hollywood, being thin, slender and small is what is considered attractive for women.

I just wish this creative team had the balls to challenge the female stereotype. Casting a waify model as Wonder Woman just raises a lot of questions.

Maybe I'm used to seeing slender women be very strong. My all time favorite show IS Buffy after all. So seeing a slender WW really is no issue to me. And I actually prefer it to the super ripped depiction of her. Even the way I draw women, tend to be more slender, but always thick thighs. Cuz thick thighs rule :o

Slender women can and have been shown to be some of the most powerful around as far as cinema/media history. Of all the "I told you so's" this string of films are no doubt going elicit when all is said and done. This is the most given of them all.

It's clearly going to work(as sure as baby doll vs the giant fantasy samurai worked). Are purists going to be happy/satisfied? I have my doubts.

Last edited:
Here's another Jae Lee WW. love it :hrt:

tumblr_mgokrb7mxi1r89a2ho1_500.jpg

Apologist level +200 million

I'm an apologist because I find it absolutely ridiculous to think that WB picked Gal because they want to sell manly toys?

The woman who participated in the Ms. Universe pageant?

Cuz that makes sense

If anything WW will be WB's answer to The Disney Princess line when it comes to toys.

I'm an apologist because I find it absolutely ridiculous to think that WB picked Gal because they want to sell manly toys?

Cuz that makes sense

Ignore list, it works wonders :cwink:

speaking of physique, Scott Sonnon has a fitness system called Tacfit/CST which is more geared towards building functional physiques and functional fitness, important for fighters, military, etc. iow.....our "modern warriors."

If Batman were actually a real person, he, too, would most likely have a more "tactical" physique ( instead of typical comic bodybuilder look ) like Sonnon:

Fellow Tacfit Instructor Alberto Gallazzi has a bit more mass to him. A "real" Superman would probably have a physique close to his:

And now for a female Tacfit practitioner:

those "Tacfit" physiques, both male and female, have powerful warrior/fighter looks to them without being overly bulky or bodybuilder huge.

If Clark, Bruce, and Diana were real, their physiques would be much closer to those physiques instead of the typical comic look.

And there is NO reason ( except for not training hard/smart enough ) why Gal can't achieve at least the physiques of those Tacfit girls.

of course, for the visual purposes of Hollywood, she might want to add a tad bit more muscle.

but that should be doable.

Last edited:
Slender women can and have been shown to be some of the most powerful around as far as cinema/media history. Of all the "I told you so's" this string of films are no doubt going elicit when all is said and done. This is the most given of them all.

It's clearly going to work(as sure as baby doll vs the giant fantasy samurai worked). Are purists going to happy/satisfied? I have my doubts.

The first two that come to mind are Kate Beckinsale and Milla Jovovich. :yay:

I'm actually fine with a slender Wonder Woman too, but I'm just pointing out that it's a reinvention of the source material.
Genre criticism(as far as DC is concerned) seems centered around just this. Simply pointing out the fact that it's a so called reinvention(see superman 'killing'), I wish there more more people simply discussing things objectively. Ok it's different, now let's discuss if it's effective. For this is what the greater GA tends to do and what actually matters at the end of the day(see the new bond discussions).

I just wish this creative team had the balls to challenge the female stereotype. Casting a waify model as Wonder Woman just raises a lot of questions.
Given the outcry, it's safe to say they did just that.

original.jpg

When people say 'real women' I assume they mean the 'average' as they perceive it. Who'd have thunk Wondy would fall into the average.
Note the difference in chests requirements. Point being, women tend to be drawn a certain way in comics regardless of who or what they are. Why should that continue?

I'd be fine with body #2 or body #9.

Cuz that makes sense

Toy sales, marketing etc have a bigger influence than you think behind the development of these projects.

WB was actually the studio that coined the phrase "toy-e-tic" in the 90s by the execs who wanted the DC films to sell toys.

I'm saying I wouldn't be shocked if they cleaned up WW's overtly sexual image from the comics, including the obvious cleavage, in order to make the character more friendly to certain demographics.

Some of them though will go see it opening night just to hate it. They will go in wanting to pick apart everything and hate on it, just to come back here to tell us all how bad it was :oldrazz:

If they pay to see it; it's all gravy. :cwink:

I don't care about bust size, but I would prefer Wonder Woman to be somewhat large and intimidating, and Gal doesn't really seem to have the build (or, from what I've seen, the acting chops) to pull that off. Yes, we never know what the final product will be, but that doesn't mean we can't criticize what we do know.

The trolls are out in full force today on all the Superman/Batman threads. I just keep having to put people on ignore which is unfortunate.

Here's another Jae Lee WW. love it :hrt:

tumblr_mgokrb7mxi1r89a2ho1_500.jpg
Ah yes the "our worlds at war art"

The simple truth to Jae's art is as stylized as he is, he's of the few that draw realistic and proportions/figures. And the evidence lies in our cinema. His batman and superman look far closer to what fans accept in live action than say Jim Lee batman/superman(painted for realism).
9637610531_97df6e93df.jpg

2013-05-24_101755_cavill_reeve.jpg

Same goes for bale btw. In padded suit or otherwise no superman actor has bowling balls in their arms.
It begs the question of why are ok with the jae lee's batman and superman in live action and on the big screen but in the same breath can't accept a Jae Lee Wonder Woman?
1682.jpg

It's grade 7 math, what you do to one side of the equation, you do to the other. Purists are ok with adapting batman and superman for real life but with wonder woman..not so much?

She's putting in the effort and still has more time considering her scenes don't start shooting until May. I'm satisfied with that.

Let's hope she gets rid of that accent cause in 'Murica we don't do that there funnytalk here. :o

She's putting in the effort and still has more time considering her scenes don't start shooting until May. I'm satisfied with that.

not good enough.

she was supposed to be in peak WW shape 150 years ago. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"