BvS Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly all women drawn in comics have the huge breasts, tinny waist etc. Just because hers aren't big doesn't mean she looks wrong for Wonder Woman, I would be fine with no padding at all. Wonder Woman's breast size is not a defining feature, Lara Croft(whose breast size is a defining feature) has been changed because those aesthetics were ridiculous. Why not Wonder Woman? Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes.

says you........:o :oldrazz:

I think it also depends on what she is wearing. In the bikini pics shown earlier, her breasts look bigger.

personally, as a guy, I've never been attracted to huge breasts. Gal's body is perfectly fine. If I could ever be lucky to have a gf/wife that looks like Gal, I certainly would NOT be complaining. :cwink: :oldrazz:

yes, she looks skinny muscle wise in these pics, but that's what working out and hitting the weights are for.

as for her bust, I'm sure the WW costume will be designed to "accentuate" her body type and boost what needs to be "boosted."

Same here. I prefer boobs that are the size that Gal has rather than huge breasts (which I find a turn off). I wouldn't complain either if I had someone like Gal, but I might complain if she had huge boobs. :oldrazz:

It's not just her breast size really, its her overall figure which is very very narrow and lithe and far from remotely imposing.

I think for WW it's even less about being seen purely as a sex symbol but actually being seen as a symbol of power. Nothing I've seen far gal shows anything remotely close to that.

Same here. I prefer boobs that are the size that Gal has rather than huge breasts (which I find a turn off). I wouldn't complain either if I had someone like Gal, but I might complain if she had huge boobs. :oldrazz:

I'm more of a butt guy than a boob man anyway....but come on. I think Gadot needs to eat a little personally.

just posting this again.

gal-gadot-muscles.jpg

what's that I see??

muscle??

she already looks "better" than those "skinny" pics posted above.

let's GIVE HER TIME and see if/how her training pays off before b******* about her physique. geez people!! :whatever:

Antje was pretty badass as Faora, and she wasn't exactly exploding with insane, ripped muscles and "curves."

GIVE........GAL........TIME!!!!

For people who don't think Gal can look powerful/intimidating, do you remember Faora and her levels of badass? She was hardly a giant.

It's not just her breast size really, its her overall figure which is very very narrow and lithe and far from remotely imposing.

I think for WW it's even less about being seen purely as a sex symbol but actually being seen as a symbol of power. Nothing I've seen far gal shows anything remotely close to that.

power is not just about having huge muscles/frame.

just posting this again.

gal-gadot-muscles.jpg

what's that I see??

muscle??

she already looks "better" than those "skinny" pics posted above.

let's GIVE HER TIME and see if/how her training pays off before b******* about her physique. geez people!! :whatever:

Antje was pretty badass as Faora, and she wasn't exactly exploding with insane, ripped muscles and "curves."

GIVE........GAL........TIME!!!!
No!!! These people like to judge a book by it's cover from three years ago even though it's going through a cover art overhaul.:o

twilight-zone-logo-350x262.jpg

To be fair, Gal isn't a completely flat woman or anything. I've seen much 'waif-ier.'

But when it comes to the physical characteristics of Wonder Woman, which are quite defined, she doesn't stack up.

Enough people must have noticed this because Gal addressed it herself in an interview:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/12/30/gal-gadot-wonder-woman/

Since when is going to the gym ineffective? Apparently going to the gym can have adverse effects on the small feminine frame...it seems as if some of you subconsciously enjoy thinking so negatively. She's nowhere near done her training, and since we're all biology experts we know for a fact she won't look good at the end of her training. I am perplexed at how curves of all things will doom her performance as WW.

power is not just about having huge muscles/frame.

Tell that to superman or batman fans. It is still needed as a visual representation of that power.

Of course superman could technically look like a 135lbs guy and still lift a skyscraper but nobody would stand for that representation because they want to see that power somehow represented physically.

Just check out all the Batman/superman physique threads that pop-up. For some reason though it seems like Gal should be exempt from that discussion?

Wonder Gal is coming along nicely.

I'm glad I put the little piggy on ignore.

No!!! These people like to judge a book by it's cover from three years ago even though it's going through a cover art overhaul.:o

wasn't Bale like super-thin for his role in the Machinist before training for Begins??

wasn't Bale like super-thin for his role in the Machinist before training for Begins??

1) Bale is a man. Different physique. Different body type.

2) He was jacked before the Machinist. Muscle Memory.

3) He pushed his body to unhealthy extremes by getting fat after the weight loss and then hitting the gym hard.

Last edited:
Tell that to superman or batman fans. It is still needed as a visual representation of that power.

Of course superman could technically look like a 135lbs guy and still lift a skyscraper but nobody would stand for that representation because they want to see that power somehow represented physically.

Just check out all the Batman/superman physique threads that pop-up. For some reason though it seems like Gal should be exempt from that discussion?

She was never exempt, as she's clearly working out now. The difference is that she doesn't have to be built like a UFC champ in order to come across as strong. Several depictions of the character, especially in animation, show WW as not that much larger than what Gadot is now, and nobody critiques her for being to small. The key thing to worry about is whether or not she looks fit, as I bet right now she is physically close to Scar-jo, and nobody bats an eye when she kicks ass on screen.

1) Bale is a man. Different physique. Different body type.

2) He was jacked before the Machinist. Muscle Memory.

3) He pushed his body to unhealthy extremes by getting fat after the weight loss and then hitting the gym hard.

This exactly what I mean. You can't make a woman attractive the same way you would a man by bulking up and packing on slabs of muscle.

Cav and Bale never actually met the 'standards' of the popular comic book art. They only came close. No need to expect all that much more from Gal. This is still hollywood.

Traditional male action stars in this industry come from rocky/rambo..etc. Female action stars tend not be muscle bound just look at the last string of female comic book leads...

You make it sound like this was Ellen Page they cast. Female action stars, even ones that convey power don't look all that different from gal, if anything she has a taller frame than most. The gym work will do the rest.

Nearly all women drawn in comics have the huge breasts, tinny waist etc. Just because hers aren't big doesn't mean she looks wrong for Wonder Woman, I would be fine with no padding at all. Wonder Woman's breast size is not a defining feature, Lara Croft(whose breast size is a defining feature) has been changed because those aesthetics were ridiculous. Why not Wonder Woman? Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes.
Real women come in all shapes an sizes...if anything that's the real difference between reality and comic books drawn by a singular artist, for example, most jim lee's girls look similar
tumblr_lyo02aCnHt1r4h1duo1_1280.jpg

vs this string of (working)Athletes

original.jpg

When people say 'real women' I assume they mean the 'average' as they perceive it. Who'd have thunk Wondy would fall into the average.
Note the difference in chests requirements. Point being, women tend to be drawn a certain way in comics regardless of who or what they are. Why should that continue?

Last edited:
There may actually be another reason why WB went for someone with Gal's body type. WW may be harder to market and sell to kids if she is built and curvy. I don't think little boys really want to play with toys that have boobs and cleavage.

Apparently the reason they went for a slim Superman in SR is that they polled women and supposedly they said they preferred a Superman with a swimmer's build. So WB went with that.

I know the challenges with marketing WW were a huge concern for them. This could be intentional.

well, for one, as I said, I find the typical male comic book character physique just as unrealistic as female cb bodies.

that being said, I thought Henry had just the right physique for Superman. He had a muscular physique that looked powerful and functional, like a warrior, as opposed to bodybuilder huge ( which tends to be the comic look for males ).

and, no, Gal should not be exempt from the physique discussion.

She IS playing WW. And she SHOULD have a powerful female warrior look to her, with just the right amount of muscle.

And THAT'S WHY SHE IS CURRENTLY TRAINING AND WORKING OUT!!

Henry had to train hard to achieve his Superman look.

Gal is doing that right now.

Yes, she doesn't look that tough in her modeling pics.

But let's wait until we see what she looks like for THIS ROLE, AFTER SHE'S DONE WORKING OUT, before complaining!!

To this entire thread:

tumblr_lpdo6wYmOl1qakr8x.gif

and for all this talk of physique, I'm actually more concerned about her ACTING than her look.

at the end of the day, that's what will be more important.

There may actually be another reason why WB went for someone with Gal's body type. WW may be harder to market and sell to kids if she is built and curvy. I don't think little boys really want to play with toys that have boobs and cleavage.

Apparently the reason they went for a slim Superman in SR is that they polled women and supposedly they said they preferred a Superman with a swimmer's build. So WB went with that.

I know the challenges with marketing WW were a huge concern for them. This could be intentional.

That sounds ridiculous. So what you're saying is that instead they'll try to pass off a toy that still looks half way like a man because it doesn't supposedly have the womanly curves and the boys will find that more acceptable and this will be easier to market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"