Game of Thrones - Book Readers' Thread - - - - Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
how does anyone have any faith in season 6 after the catastrophe that was season 5... season 5 was worse than season 2 of true detective and that is saying something. D&D and ****ing ****s. I am only watching now to see more .... i... dont know why ill keep watching.

Stannis is still alive.

ArnoldEyes_zpsbf391784.gif

Believe it!

ЯɘvlveR;31936497 said:
that GoT/SW casting connection again. Man, I'll lose my **** if they cast Daisy Ridley as Lyanna. do it Nina, do it!

I'm pushing for Katie McGrath

latest

Max Von Sydow laying the verbal smack down on John Oliver will be enough of an improvement over Season 5 to gain my interest.

If either women were cast...well, Millers everywhere lock up your wives.

but John Oliver has to be cast!

He was cast in season one. He was the one who was perving on the twins that were ****ing.

Well the main thing that has me thinking is that the "older" cast have all been aged up by about 10 years. Jaime in the show is in his 40s, for instance, Tywin was in his 60s etc

while true, i think you have attribute the folly of rhaegar and lyanna was in part because of their youth. whoever they cast should look barely out of her twenties.

For Lyanna yes because she was a teenager (in the books) but Rhaegar was an adult, he was married, had a couple of kids. But then, my belief is that on Rhaegar's end it wasn't quite so romantic as some make it out to be.... :cwink:

But what I'm saying is, everyone in the show who was involved with Robert's Rebellion are roughly in their 40s and 50s, with the Rebellion being 16/17 years in the past. So you'd still be looking at actors of an older age bracket.

When I first read the books, I always imagined Natalie Portman as Lyanna, but she's too old and famous now. Any of the choices you guys suggested would work, especially Daisy :hmr:

Natalie Portman? what? STOP.

Next they will say Kiera Knightley.

Next they will say Kiera Knightley.

Well you know, there's been names thrown around that Benioff and Weiss may have spoken with. Kiera Knightley, Richard Armitage, Graham McTavish...it's hard to discern the gold from the chicken feed, but you never know.

WWE Diva Paige would make more sense than Knightley or Portman.

L0LEpmH.gif

Well you know, there's been names thrown around that Benioff and Weiss may have spoken with. Kiera Knightley, Richard Armitage, Graham McTavish...it's hard to discern the gold from the chicken feed, but you never know.

Armitage would make more sense for Lyanna than Knightley.

Ian McShane is the Mad King.

I'm not mad... I'm angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija