Game of Thrones - Book Readers' Thread - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
if any of you gif artists care to , I would love an avvy of Tyrion kneeling to Dany.

Oh knock it off. Alan Taylor did great work on GOT.

People forget that. There's a stigma to his name now after Terminator Genisys. As I recall, people were amped to see Alan Taylor direct Thor: The Dark World BECAUSE of his work on Game of Thrones. His film career hasn't gone so great but I think he'll be fine returning to the show. He directed "Baelor", for Christ's sake.

TDW probably had more restriction placed on it than Thrones.

They should take a leap of faith and let Kathy Bates direct. It would be great publicity cause shes a female, plus she directed some episodes of Six Feet Under (HBO's greatest show of all time amen) so she has some experience.

I say, why not? She is a wonderful person!

Oh knock it off. Alan Taylor did great work on GOT.

Over 4 years ago. Since then however he has **** the bed on TDW and Genisys so atm I have little confidence in the man. And considering the scope of the show now and whats probably going to be required next season Im hesitant to be excited about Taylor returning to GOT.

But Im open to him surprising me, and proving my doubts wrong.

Over 4 years ago. Since then however he has **** the bed on TDW and Genisys so atm I have little confidence in the man. And considering the scope of the show now and whats probably going to be required next season Im hesitant to be excited about Taylor returning to GOT.

But Im open to him surprising me, and proving my doubts wrong.

It's entirely possible to be a better TV director than a film director.

So the Frey words? revealed or still unknown?
Their sigil is two blue towers united by a bridge on silver-grey, representing the Twins.[1] Their house words are not mentioned in the books. The Season 6 finale of the TV series somewhat implied that House Frey's motto is "We Stand Together": Lord Walder toasts Lannister soldiers in his feast hall who respond with their motto, "Hear me roar!", and then when Walder toasts House Frey the others respond by cheering "We stand together!" - though in context, it is unclear if they just meant that as a statement.

It's entirely possible to be a better TV director than a film director.

I know. The way things are run is different and that can lead to a person doing better in tv than film or vice versa. Doesn't change the fact that after four years of Taylor not doing anything worth a damn I'm not sure if he just sucks at working in the film business, or if he was in a rut, or if he has just went to **** in general. And after a long absence from television and GOT I worry that he will be rusty.

12. How Varys reached Daenerys so quickly

The season ended when we saw Daenerys and her fleet sailing for Westeros. However many people were surprised to see Lord Varys with Daenerys in the scene and people were wondering if he used some teleportation device to travel so quickly to Meereen. However, it turns out that Lord Varys never went back to Meereen. He just joined Daenerys when she reached near Westeros. Don’t believe us, take a look at the Tyrell and Martell ships along with the Targaryen ships.

Game-of-Thrones-season-6-episode-10-Martell-ships.jpg

Game-of-Thrones-season-6-episode-10-Tyrell-ships.jpg

Also take a look at the possible location of Daenerys at the end of the episode.

The_known_world_HBO.jpg

http://wikiofthrones.com/2540/12-details-you-might-have-missed-in-game-of-thrones-season-6-episode-10-the-winds-of-winter/?giulia

I completely missed those Martell and Tyrell ships when I watched the episode.

Considering how much time passed in this episode, it would have taken that white raven a while to fly from the Citadel to Winterfell, it's possible that a week passed in between some of the scenes in the episode so Vary's may have went all the way back to Meereen with those Martell and Tyrell ships so Dany may or may not be that close to Westeros.

Last edited:
every one did... they made it vague as hell hence why people really had to took into it. it should have been more than obvious.

That site also pointed out something else that I missed which is how much time passed between some of the scenes in the finale.

It would have taken days or a week or more for that white raven to get from the Citadel to Winterfell.

It would have taken Jaime and the Lannister army days to get back to KL.

And it would have taken a bit of time for Vary's to hammer out the details with Olenna then she would have needed to either write to or go back to Highgarden to get the Reach's fleet prepared and mobilized. Then the fleet would have had to either sell to Mereen with the Dornish fleet or meet Dany somewhere in between. So regardless of where the Martell and Tyrell ships met up with Dany, weeks probably passed between the Dorne scene and the final scene.

I completely missed those Martell and Tyrell ships when I watched the episode.

Considering how much time passed in this episode, it would have taken that white raven a while to fly from the Citadel to Winterfell, it's possible that a week passed in between some of the scenes in the episode so Vary's may have went all the way back to Meereen with those Martell and Tyrell ships so Dany may or may not be that close to Westeros.

****, so she's far closer than originally thought?

How long did it take Jaime to get back from Dorne? An episode? :oldrazz:

or they could be up near Highgarden and headed to the Iron Islands. Run smack dab into Euron's fleet and his Dragonbinding horn. Her Army is vulnerable at sea without air cover. And if that horn allows him to control the dragons well then her campaign might be short lived. or at least suffer huge losses.

Last edited:
That's my expectation anyway, I certainly don't believe it will be a steamroller job for Dany.

Given the way they treated Jon in the run up to the BotB, I fully expect Dany's ranks to take significant losses in a battle at sea.

They need to have Tyrion discovering the truth about Myrcella's death and confront Ellaria. Some internal strife.

That's my expectation anyway, I certainly don't believe it will be a steamroller job for Dany.

Given the way they treated Jon in the run up to the BotB, I fully expect Dany's ranks to take significant losses in a battle at sea.

Otherwise she goes through Westeros like a steamroller.

i hope dany hits an iceberg and ****ing dies.

i hope dany hits an iceberg and ****ing dies.

well we still have the 4th line of Qaithe's prophecy about Dany.

"to touch the light you will have to pass beneath the shadow"

I wonder if Bran warging into a Dragon could break it free from the Dragonhorn? #showerthoughts

Pipe down Reek, that's the woman you've just sworn allegiance to that you're talking about. :cmad:

#NotMyReek

#StillInTheNORTH

well we still have the 4th line of Qaithe's prophecy about Dany.

"to touch the light you will have to pass beneath the shadow"

Qaithe? Oh you mean that character that the show conviently forgot about after Season 2.

qaithe reminds me of the sound i made when i farted this morning /d&d

Quaithe was just a random person that wandered out of Qarth's bdsm club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"