Game of Thrones - Book Readers' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally thought it was the show's best.

What do people think overall of Season 4 now then that it's done? And compared to the other seasons?

A lot of great moments, but I need to watch it again. I can say without a doubt tho that it kicks season 2's butt.:funny:

I personally thought it was the show's best.

A lot of great moments, but I need to watch it again. I can say without a doubt tho that it kicks season 2's butt.:funny:
I think it might be mine but I don't know yet. Had a great start, a massive early event, and multiple massive events towards the end (& I'm only halfway through the finale) plus one of the most awesome characters introduced and seeing his full arc in this season. Even once this show is finished I think the 1st season will still hold a special charm though.

It's been kicked up and discussions are happening. :up: I am making the case (but having me in your corner might work against the argument :funny:).

Hahahaha, it's like you're a lobbyist going against his party for the betterment of the overall constituency.

Game of Thrones' Tragic Dragon Scene: Now With More Sarah McLachlan

[YT]Nhq9En2PCu8[/YT]

:waa: Seriously though this had me ROFL! Some people on YouTube are geniuses

Solid finale even if I was expecting slightly better. Would have preferred a different final scene. Loved the Stannis stuff. The Hound & Brienne fight was very well done & I liked The Hound's final moments. Looking forward to seeing what happens to Arya next season but didn't really feel that was what I wanted to see last after all that's gone before. The Bran stuff was interesting and they're definitely stepping more into fantasy territory. Cersei telling Tywin the gory details before Tyrion turning up with a crossbow while he's taking a
dump
adds up to a really bad day for him & his house. And Mance's hair is still ****! I think I was more excited about Episodes 8 & 9 which delivered on their smaller promise in spades despite the multiple big issues being dealt with here. The expected final scene that didn't happen would have made a lot more impact I believe similar to the final scenes of seasons 1 & 2.

Long time to wait now but I'll just rewatch the seasons and get caught up on all the books (I'm on the 2nd).

I love that the crossbow was Joffery's.

What do people think overall of Season 4 now then that it's done? And compared to the other seasons?
It was probably the most intense season so far. Something awesome happened in pretty much every episode.

Episode 1 - Oberyn's introduction/Arya and the Hound vs. Polliver's men
Episode 2 - Purple Wedding
Episode 3 - Dany arrives at Meereen
Episode 4 - White Walker land/The Night's King
Episode 5 - The Night's Watch vs. the Mutineers
Episode 6 - Tyrion's trial
Episode 7 - Littlefinger pushes Lysa out the moon door
Episode 8 - Oberyn vs. The Mountain
Episode 9 - The battle of Castle Black
Episode 10 - Stannis arrives at the Wall/Tyrion's escape and confrontation with Shae and Tywin/The Hound vs. Brienne/Arya gets on the ship

Story wise, season 1 might still edge it out, but season 4 was definitely the most entertaining. 1 and 4 may be tied for me, with 3 not far after that, followed by 2.

Last edited:

I like how the writers had Joffrey tell Marg last season how much easier it is to load the bolt and prime the bow with the new cocking wrench systrm and then this season Tyrion takes advantage of that easier to use system and kills Tywin with it.

It was probably the most intense season so far. Something awesome happened in pretty much every episode.

Episode 1 - Oberyn's introduction/Arya and the Hound vs. Polliver's men
Episode 2 - Purple Wedding
Episode 3 - Dany arrives at Meereen
Episode 4 - White Walker land/The Night's King
Episode 5 - The Night's Watch vs. the Mutineers
Episode 6 - Tyrion's trial
Episode 7 - Littlefinger pushes Lysa out the moon door
Episode 8 - Oberyn vs. The Mountain
Episode 9 - The battle of Castle Black
Episode 10 - Stannis arrives at the Wall/Tyrion's escape and confrontation with Shae and Tywin/The Hound vs. Brienne/Arya gets on the ship

Story wise, season 1 might still edge it out, but season 4 was definitely the most entertaining. 1 and 4 may be tied for me, with 3 not far after that, followed by 2.
Thanks for the episode summary. I was trying to remember what happened in the middle episodes. Obviously 8-10 were great episodes, Oberyn Vs The Mountain was worthy of a finale itself. Tyrion's trial was massive for a mid season event as was Joffrey's death and wedding for an early season event. Seeing the White Walker King (or whatever he's called) convert the baby was one of the best things I've seen on the show. I liked the Eyrie stuff, and the approach to Meereen although the pace dropped right off after Dany had taken the City. Oberyn has been one of the very best non-main characters, awesome in pretty much of all of his screen time. I'd probably need to compare to an episode guide of the other seasons to be sure but you certainly gave a very strong case for season 4 there.

Haha, very appropriate.
I like how the writers had Joffrey tell Marg last season how much easier it is to load the bolt and prime the bow with the new cocking wrench systrm and then this season Tyrion takes advantage of that easier to use system and kills Tywin with it.
Great memory!

Game of Thrones' Tragic Dragon Scene: Now With More Sarah McLachlan

[YT]Nhq9En2PCu8[/YT]

:waa: Seriously though this had me ROFL! Some people on YouTube are geniuses

xr4PlVl.gif

Every time I read wiki I get even more hyped about wanting a prequel series. HBO just needs to force them to do a 13 episode limited series. So much material!

Every time I read wiki I get even more hyped about wanting a prequel series. HBO just needs to force them to do a 13 episode limited series. So much material!

Yeah, there is a lot of potential for a prequel series. They could do about Robert's Rebellion, showing us more about the madness of the Mad King. They could do the Dance of Dragons, maybe even Aegon's conquest?

Although I haven't yet read it, I hear that there would also be potential in a Dunk and Egg prequel series.

Also, I remember hearing that there is going to be a complete book of Westeros' history, so there is probably more content to be found there. It would be interesting to see some of the independent kingdoms from before Aegon's conquest too!

Season 4's the best for me, so far. But that might change when rewatching the older seasons.

My rating would be
1. Season 1 - Ned was such a great character
2. Season 4
3. Season 3
4. Season 2

Yeah, there is a lot of potential for a prequel series. They could do about Robert's Rebellion, showing us more about the madness of the Mad King. They could do the Dance of Dragons, maybe even Aegon's conquest?

Although I haven't yet read it, I hear that there would also be potential in a Dunk and Egg prequel series.

Also, I remember hearing that there is going to be a complete book of Westeros' history, so there is probably more content to be found there. It would be interesting to see some of the independent kingdoms from before Aegon's conquest too!

Read the first two Dunk and Egg tales and I gotta say they kinda rock but that would be like 2 60 min episodes? maybe 70 but not much more. I guess the third would put it up to three episodes. Every episode would need its own sets and costumes and that might be rather expensive especially for the first one.

I rather have them go for the Rebellion. I just want the tower of joy. I want to see that SOOOOO MUCH!

I want to see whatever made the children of the forest destroy the landbridge connecting Westeros to Essos.

Season 4, Season 2, Season 1 and Season 3 for me.

I'll rewatch seasons 2 and 1 someday soonish this year and see if my opinion changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"