The Dark Knight Gary Oldman Joins Iron Man 2

Oldman NOT in Iron Man

Yesterday IESB reported an interesting rumor that Gary Oldman had joined the cast of IRON MAN 2 in an unspecified role. Something about this (specifically that Mr. Oldman was in the thick of shooting BOOK OF ELI) struck me as odd so I decided to do a little digging. I called Mr. Oldman's longtime manager Douglas Urbanski and we spoke briefly this afternoon about IRON MAN 2. And? It's not true.

Mr. Urbanski said that Gary was right in the middle of the ELI shoot and hadn't left the set once except to return home to see his children (so seeing him on the IRON MAN 2 set would be impossible). He also said that Gary is very happy with the Batman franchise (and Warner Bros. in general for whom he also worked on ELI and HARRY POTTER with) and wouldn't sign on to another superhero franchise out of respect. So nope, it's not true and nobody involved with Mr. Oldman knows how the rumor came about.

But where one rumor ends, another pops up. Mr. Urbanski said, while referencing Batman and THE DARK KNIGHT, that he was scheduled to talk to Christopher Nolan later today. Could Mr. Oldman be looking at INCEPTION as his next film?

http://www.joblo.com/oldman-not-in-iron-man

Last edited:
I'm surprised at the blase reaction. I can see the OP's point. Its like catching your girl pleasuring another guy. At the very least I'd be a little pissed about that.
:lmao: The eff how is it like that? Should we feel betrayed that Christian Bale is the main character in another dark action franchise?

Nolan is going to cast RDJ as the Riddler now. :hehe:
Oh, that would be awesome.

Oldman just joined Iron Man's cast in order to explain TDK to RDJ. ;)
aheathosnap.png

:lmao: The eff how is it like that? Should we feel betrayed that Christian Bale is the main character in another dark action franchise?

Oh, that would be awesome.

aheathosnap.png

Yes but it's not a comic book movie franchise so that's ok in my book.

The beginning of this thread was pretty sad and hilarious.

Gary Oldman better be in Inception.

They're two different characters from two very different franchises (unless, Warner Bros. and Marvel Studios are merging the movie universes together...*shudder*).

Umm... you didn't hear? Oh man, I hate to break it to you this way but...

timeof.jpg

bi2v.jpg

***nods to Kalmart

iesb.net is desperate for a scoop and i don't blame them; right now it's kinda slow on the news front.

WTF is a Nolanite? Hollywood directores have their own cults? I don't even know what Nolan looks like.

If this is right this thing is gettin crowded, I guess Shellhead is the new Spidey

Maybe G.O. will go back to playin heels- he's so good in thoses

LOL!

You know, for the longest time I never knew what Tim Burton looked like. I fairly recently watched an old 1989 documentary of the Batman movie and...he did not look like what imagined.

Holy ****.

This cast is stacked, even without Oldman.

Last edited:
Oooh, I liked Iron Man alot, I wouldn't have minded seeing Gary in the second one - anything that means I get to see more Gary is a-ok with me!!!!!! (I like DC and Marvel, don't have much of a preference, though Batman is my fave superhero)

Though I'm not suprised he wouldn't have signed onto IM outta respect - he was supposed to be in Star Wars but pulled out 'cos it conflicted with his being signed up with 'Screen Actors Guild'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"