Iron Man 2 New cast member

depends which role, has more scenes or character development, if the majority of the flashback scenes are the main set up for the character, and you only see the old him in a few small scenes (with little development or demand for high caliber acting)
it might be worth casting the name for just the young version, but, where it might not be worth putting him through all the make up process of ageing him, so, for the lesser scenes it would be easier to just hire a different guy

not that I believe this is the case...
just saying

Yah, but it's highly unlikely, IMO. Most of the story will be taking place in the present, rather than the past. It's not that big an expense to age someone with make-up. We'll see.

IRON MAN 2 directed by Jon Favreau and starring Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle began prinicpal photography today.
On set was veteran actor Garry Shandling, yes, that Garry Shandling. I kid you not, he was confirmed as part of the cast by Robert Downey Jr. earlier this week via WENN.
Shandling was on set today in an undisclosed location shooting a large scene.
I am editing this article to clarify what was previously written to make it more clear.
Shandling is a reporter or Senator or some sort that appears in a continuation of the final scene from the first IRON MAN film, you know that famous "I am Iron Man" scene. We start this film from there is what it looks like.
Stay tuned for further information and hopefully some pics!
SOURCE

Sounds like he is playing the senator

Last edited:
Looks like that Masonic Temple in Pasadena will stand in for someplace in Washington, DC most likely.

SOURCE

Sounds like he is playing the senator, and it's interesting that the very last scene was shot on the very first day of shooting

Wait, THE Senator? Like, which Senator? A Senator that maybe replaces the dignitary that gets accidently shot in the back by Iron Man? Setting up for Demon in a Bottle?

I don't know what the senator's role would be, but there was a casting call put out for a senator that matches Shandling pretty perfectly

Maybe the senator feels like it's dangerous to national security to have civilians take matters into their own hands.

I love how both Larry Sanders AND Hank Kingsley have supporting roles in big Superhero franchises... Now, we just need Rip Torn to turn up in summat and the triangle will be complete.

Interested in the flashback with Howard Stark. I'm guessing it will be his actions n this flashback that causes Whiplash to hold the grudge against Tony. Slattery is a good actor. Watch Mad Men.

There was a rumor about having Howard Stark appear in Captain America, which comes as no suprise. Whomever they bring in needs to be really young though, since he worked on the Manhattan Project which was about 70 years ago so I think they'd have to use a different actor. Unless Slattery can pull off a 25 year old.

Gary Shandling is playing Senator Stern, an politician who wants Tony to give his technology to the USA government.

Normally, I'd say "That Bastard!" but it's Gary Shandling... I just can't do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"