The Dark Knight Rises The Official Jim Gordon / Gary Oldman Thread

It's so great that Gordon has got the gray hair this time around. I knew it was coming, he's looking more like his BTAS counterpart every movie!

Its funny, the only time I got any type of chills during TDK not counting the interrogation scene which was one of the greatest scenes in any movie of all time, was when Gordon is standing there in the jail then the Mayor calls him Commissioner Gordon for the first time. I don't know why but that just hit me as perfect.

Its funny, the only time I got any type of chills during TDK not counting the interrogation scene which was one of the greatest scenes in any movie of all time, was when Gordon is standing there in the jail then the Mayor calls him Commissioner Gordon for the first time. I don't know why but that just hit me as perfect.

:up:

...And you'll have noticed his hair was different in that scene compared to any other in TDK... both in style and in the fact that it was grey.

I like how Gordon was too strung out and exhausted to even care that he'd just been made Commissioner.

Poor guy's night was nowhere near over yet, either.

Exactly how long does he go in TDK before he finally gets to go home and go to bed anyway?

I like how Gordon was too strung out and exhausted to even care that he'd just been made Commissioner.

Poor guy's night was nowhere near over yet, either.

Exactly how long does he go in TDK before he finally gets to go home and go to bed anyway?

LOLz, I thought the same!!!!!!! If I remember correctly, in the novel, he gets to kiss his wife and shower and read a bedtime story to his son... but Nolan decides to have the poor guy get slapped in the face and a couple of sentances with his already-sleeping son before he's to go through the Batman/Joker interro, try to save Harvey Dent only to find Rachel get KA-BLAMOOOOO!!!

When he did get home, Barbara was probably double pissed at his leaving so soon and he was also pretty traumatised from the explosion, so I doubt he slept... well. Then he gets up to visit Harvey Dent and... Poor Gordo - it never ends!

What did ye think of Barbara's slapping him actually???

Wayne has more grey hair in this movie than Gordon does!

Clip of Gordon in the movie:

Gordon seems to get all the best lines in these movies :D

(First Time Poster) Anyone remember the final scene with Dent in TDK w/ Gordon's family.

I remember somewhere Wally Pfister have a comment in an interview or commentary about how Nolan was specific on NOT showing the girl's face ? Regardless , I'm interested to see if there's a small cameo by Barbara Gordon (the daughter) .... if not ... i wonder why Nolan even put her into that scene (and more importantly told her not to show her face )

I never thought it before, but... yeah... Gordon does get some cool lines, doesn't he..... and 'he's The Batman' is right up there... :cool:

(First Time Poster) Anyone remember the final scene with Dent in TDK w/ Gordon's family.

I remember somewhere Wally Pfister have a comment in an interview or commentary about how Nolan was specific on NOT showing the girl's face ? Regardless , I'm interested to see if there's a small cameo by Barbara Gordon (the daughter) .... if not ... i wonder why Nolan even put her into that scene (and more importantly told her not to show her face )

Welcome!! :yay:

Yeah, I would say that 'because people would be talking about Batgirl' but the fact that Nolan deliberately hid her face only makes me more inclined to think 'Batgirl' or ask what you just have! (I just want to clarify, however, that I 200% doubt batgirl will even get so much as a reference in TDKR)

When Joey King was first cast, people thought she was playing Gordon's daughter, but a quick look on IMDB would confirm otherwise... so, without Melinda McGraw and Gordon family members being featured on the IMDB list, I fully expect Gordon's family won't appear... :csad: ...I've already relayed my fears that Gordon's family left him for Chicago after TDK, but in any case, the Shaoe and Scoop have both said they at least get a mention...

The signal is broken, but there. :awesome:

"he was the Batman " :awesome:

My favourite was when Gordon's son says "Did the Batman save you, daddy?" "Actulally this time I saved him"

Too bad they wont be in TDKR.

I never thought it before, but... yeah... Gordon does get some cool lines, doesn't he..... and 'he's The Batman' is right up there... :cool:

Welcome!! :yay:

Yeah, I would say that 'because people would be talking about Batgirl' but the fact that Nolan deliberately hid her face only makes me more inclined to think 'Batgirl' or ask what you just have! (I just want to clarify, however, that I 200% doubt batgirl will even get so much as a reference in TDKR)

When Joey King was first cast, people thought she was playing Gordon's daughter, but a quick look on IMDB would confirm otherwise... so, without Melinda McGraw and Gordon family members being featured on the IMDB list, I fully expect Gordon's family won't appear... :csad: ...I've already relayed my fears that Gordon's family left him for Chicago after TDK, but in any case, the Shaoe and Scoop have both said they at least get a mention...

I'm not much of a conspiracy person - i don't think that JGL is Dick Grayson. I don't even think that Grayson will be mentioned or appear in the film unless it's a very clever easter egg.

But Barbara Gordon (who becomes Batgirl) would be someone interesting to see in a hospital visit to Jim Gordon - or potentially visit Batman. The origin changes a lot, but I think that Barbara moved in w/ Jim after his wife and son left - due to his high status job. Note - I am a Batgirl fan but would probably cringe if Nolan did anything w/ BG and the audience would rightfully do so as well.

I'm sure the Nolan brothers would want to be careful and make sure it fits the film as much as it fits the canon, but it was always interesting to me that a faceless redhead teen was in the mix during Harvey's biggest moment.

My favourite was when Gordon's son says "Did the Batman save you, daddy?" "Actulally this time I saved him"

Too bad they wont be in TDKR.

Word. It's the only moment where we see Jim Gordon let a little (deserved) pride seep in...

I'm not much of a conspiracy person - i don't think that JGL is Dick Grayson. I don't even think that Grayson will be mentioned or appear in the film unless it's a very clever easter egg.

But Barbara Gordon (who becomes Batgirl) would be someone interesting to see in a hospital visit to Jim Gordon - or potentially visit Batman. The origin changes a lot, but I think that Barbara moved in w/ Jim after his wife and son left - due to his high status job. Note - I am a Batgirl fan but would probably cringe if Nolan did anything w/ BG and the audience would rightfully do so as well.

I'm sure the Nolan brothers would want to be careful and make sure it fits the film as much as it fits the canon, but it was always interesting to me that a faceless redhead teen was in the mix during Harvey's biggest moment.

I don't think she was a teen - there are screencaps from the final TDK scenes with Gordon's family and her face can be seen in flashes and have been caught on screencaps - I might have a look later unless anyone has one handy? - but she looks to be about 3 or 4 or so...

Barbara was shown feeding a baby in 'Begins' at Gordon's house, and in keeping with Miller's 'Year One', that would have been Jimmy, but since TDK is 6 months after BB, clearly that couldn't have been Jimmy. So, in dealing with the continuity problem regarding Gordon's family - I'm making out in my head that baby is Babs and they added on 2 or 3 years to her for TDK...

I would have loved to have seen the family visit him in hosp. in TDKR - when it was rumoured that Joey King was playing Gordon's daughter, I thought she was gonna be used in the hospital scenes w/ Gordon...

I'm sorry, but without Nathan Gamble reprising his role as Gordon's son, this movie won't be that epic.

Léo Ho Tep;23819057 said:
I'm sorry, but without Nathan Gamble reprising his role as Gordon's son, this movie won't be that epic.

If my son was held at gunpoint by a half-faced maniac, flipping a coin to decide whether or not to kill him, I'd have my entire family moved out of Gotham. Nobody should be reprising any role as Gordon's son or family.

If my son was held at gunpoint by a half-faced maniac, flipping a coin to decide whether or not to kill him, I'd have my entire family moved out of Gotham.

I can understand that.

If my son was held at gunpoint by a half-faced maniac, flipping a coin to decide whether or not to kill him, I'd have my entire family moved out of Gotham. Nobody should be reprising any role as Gordon's son or family.

I know, and I'm so afraid that'll be the case in TDKR...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY7xhnJtlkE

They had a younger actress play her , but for some reason she looks bigger than Nathan Gamble on screen.

Regardless , it's also funny that Dent doesn't include her into the conversation of options. Perhaps Dent knows that she's an adoptive family member from James.

Goyer stated that it was her but later mentioned to MTV that he wasn't sure what role she would play in the series and that Batgirl/sidekicks felt like an impossibility. For whatever reason Nolan at the press conference laughed and said he wasn't sure if he could answer that (being a bit cute w/ the audience).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY7xhnJtlkE

They had a younger actress play her , but for some reason she looks bigger than Nathan Gamble on screen.

Regardless , it's also funny that Dent doesn't include her into the conversation of options. Perhaps Dent knows that she's an adoptive family member from James.

Goyer stated that it was her but later mentioned to MTV that he wasn't sure what role she would play in the series and that Batgirl/sidekicks felt like an impossibility. For whatever reason Nolan at the press conference laughed and said he wasn't sure if he could answer that (being a bit cute w/ the audience).

It would be funny if in a scene in TDKR Gordon tells Batman something like "My little girl used to dress up as you and call herself Batgirl...could you imagine?"

If you see a screen still, she's much younger than Gamble... but OMG, that 'my daughter used to dress up as you' line would totally work... nice!!!

Gary on 'Extra' if anyone is interested :woot:

[YT]6BufsGaokNM[/YT]

Gary on 'Extra' if anyone is interested :woot:

[YT]6BufsGaokNM[/YT]

OMG, best interview ever, I was actually weak with laughing, especially from 3 mins onwards... first someone off-set breaks a loada glasses and Gaz is all 'what's goin' on?' and then the whole thing with him and Anne Hathaway singing 'Guys and Dolls' between takes when filming TDKR???

"I figured Jim Gordon would sing with a vibrato in his voice" ...AND THEN HE DEMONSTRATES!!! :hrt: This interview made my life!!!

I'd pay to see Gary as a pancake-makeup Dracula too :funny: :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"