The Dark Knight Rises The Official Jim Gordon / Gary Oldman Thread

^ Hehe, indeed!!!

Just a thought folks... do ye think Gordon'll find out Bruce Wayne is Batman? That should make for an amazing moment if so...

I'm not answering that last question, all I can say is that I'm gonna be crying during this movie. I'm avoiding as many spoilers as I can, but those I"ve seen are just awesome.

Indeed. If things pan out as they are described, I think my favorite scene from the entire trilogy will involve Gordon.

Indeed. If things pan out as they are described, I think my favorite scene from the entire trilogy will involve Gordon.

:highfive:

I am especially excited after scoop and shape said Gordon's involvement in this movie was as big as or bigger than TDK!!! Ever since last years teaser, I'd thought he might be laid up in hospital for a lot of it, but... really excited to see what he'll get up to... And I only thought about him finding out if Bruce was Batman last night... I don't mind if he doesn't, but again, if it does, I imagine it'll be an amazing moment... I loved the "you don't watch a whole lot of news, do you Mr. Wayne?' in TDK...

:highfive:

I am especially excited after scoop and shape said Gordon's involvement in this movie was as big as or bigger than TDK!!! Ever since last years teaser, I'd thought he might be laid up in hospital for a lot of it, but... really excited to see what he'll get up to... And I only thought about him finding out if Bruce was Batman last night... I don't mind if he doesn't, but again, if it does, I imagine it'll be an amazing moment... I loved the "you don't watch a whole lot of news, do you Mr. Wayne?' in TDK...

Not gonna say what specifically it is for those avoiding spoilers but there is one scene between Gordon and Bats where my hands literally shook when I read the details. And no, I'm not just being overdramatic. It's THAT good. I honestly don't know how I can concentrate after I watch that scene. :hrt:

Not gonna say what specifically it is for those avoiding spoilers but there is one scene between Gordon and Bats where my hands literally shook when I read the details. And no, I'm not just being overdramatic. It's THAT good. I honestly don't know how I can concentrate after I watch that scene. :hrt:

OMG... 4 reelz??? :hrt::hrt::hrt: Just when I thought I couldn't get any more darn excited!!!!! You've made the next 5 days officially unbearable!!!!

^ Gary!!! And Christian!!! My bbs!!! Together again!!!

I LOVE how they're such bros these past few weeks!!!! We need a 'couple' name for them!!!! Gale? Baleman?

Last edited:
^ Gary!!! And Christian!!! My bbs!!! Together again!!!

I LOVE how they're such bros these past few weeks!!!! We need a 'couple' name for them!!!! Gale? Baleman?

I like Baleman. :woot:

No Team Baleman at the European premiere. :waa:

No Team Baleman at the European premiere. :waa:

I know!!! *sniff* I was so heartbroken *but* I feel spoiled with all the delicious Baleman we got over the past two weeks, so I'd plenty to recall to cheer me up! One of the reasons I'm so sad to see the Nolan Batman trilogy end is because I don't know when - or IF even! :waa:- I'll get to see them work together again!!!

I'm not sure what I thought about Gary's role, I think he definitely took a back seat this time around with JGL being the most prominent of the supporting cast.

Sorry to say too that I found Gary hard to hear at times, which is doubly frustrating given he didn't have all that much to say. I really found it hard to understand him in his scene with Blake after Bane exposes Dent.

I found him quite clear and easily understandable. I loved him showing up [BLACKOUT]Blake[/BLACKOUT] from time to time and playing the old gunslinger/sheriff, while also being a bit of an emotional wreck. Once he had a job to do again though, he seemed to be at peace.

Oldman was the absolute perfect Gordon through all 3 films. Abolutly fantastic actor.

So that's why there isnt much talk about him and his performance...
It's disappointing to know that Nolan didnt give Gary more meat to work with and he pushed JGL instead... just another proof Gary is one of the most underused great actors...

So that's why there isnt much talk about him and his performance...
It's disappointing to know that Nolan didnt give Gary more meat to work with and he pushed JGL instead... just another proof Gary is one of the most underused great actors...

He has plenty to work with and did a great job with it.

Gordon's scene after [BLACKOUT]the truth about Dent is revealed[/BLACKOUT] is just a piece of phenomenal acting.

As for Gordon's last scene,
Did anyone else wish they didn't use the flashback at the end? I know that most people aren't the hardcore fans we are, and might not have remembered that moment from BB, but I felt the scene would have been more powerful if it just stayed on Batman and Gordon. I actually had that qualm a few times during the movie, but, I suppose without some of those cuts, most people would be confused as ****

I like that [blackout]Gordon found out at the end that Batman was Bruce Wayne.[/blackout] Oldman's best scene was actually when real "truth" revealed to Gotham and the world by Bane and John looks down upon him for keeping such a lie for 8 years . Then Gordon tries to justify his reason only for Blake to call him out on it as being no better than the criminals they locked up since it was all based on a lie.

Caped Knight, that scene was possibly my favourite Gordon moment in the film, and also when he
realises Bruce is Batman.

I was disappointed that Gordon wasn't in it as much as TDK, but whenever he was on-screen, Gary blew me away as usual.

He had some great final scenes.

I liked it when
Blake came into his hospital room and Gordon had him at gunpoint.

Gary Oldman is always terrific.

Actually, he's a bit of a style icon. I really like his older, gentlemanly elegance.

Eg:
scaled.php

He's the one on the left obviously.

I just wished Gary had been in this more (not just confined to a bed for alot of it)... He's always been one of the best parts about this trilogy.

He deserved a slightly stronger story in this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"