The Dark Knight Rises Gary Oldman - "We start shooting next year. You didn't hear that from me"

I am really getting depressed about this "Summer 2012" thing. Just think how long away that is. We have this whole year to get to next summer when inception is released. We might get some Batman 3 news from Nolan by then. THEN we have to to wait ANOTHER year just for it to start shooting. THEN wait ANOTHER year for it to come out.

youll be fine, i say its worth the wait

i say the only realistic villian is The Riddler, Deadshot, and Talia al Ghul

Yes.

And Bane. I'm kind of on the fence about Catwoman. I'd definitely like to see her in another film but she just might be a tad too fantastic.

no, bane is so unrealistic
unless Bane is just some bodybulider

first, its already been (perfectly) done
But his demeanor and reasoning for his actions was nothing like his original counterpart. :(
2nd it wouldnt progress the story that batman is a wanted man
How exactly would The Riddler, Deadshot, and Talia al Ghul progress that part of the story more than The Penguin?

And Bane. I'm kind of on the fence about Catwoman. I'd definitely like to see her in another film but she just might be a tad too fantastic.

As far as looks and designs go, Jim Lee's Catwoman is perfect for the Nolan-verse.

How exactly would The Riddler, Deadshot, and Talia al Ghul progress that part of the story more than The Penguin?

the riddler, trying to find out who is the batman
deadshot, a assassin who has a mission from the crime family to kill batman
talia, fathers revenge

please WB, just announce something already!!! This is driving me crazy!!!

btw kane, do you have a mic for your ps3?

no, bane is so unrealistic
unless Bane is just some bodybulider

^^ If that's the case then No

And that's where I'm on the fence with Bane too. I'd like to see him done more justice than B&R but if he's missing the Venom tube, is it really doing that much justice to him?

Then again, I'm fairly certain ANY interpretation of Bane would do him more justice than B&R.

And that's where I'm on the fence with Bane too. I'd like to see him done more justice than B&R but if he's missing the Venom tube, is it really doing that much justice to him?

Then again, I'm fairly certain ANY interpretation of Bane would do him more justice than B&R.

i think a dog playing bane would do him better justice than b&r did.lol :grin:

damn you nikpicker!!! :hehe:
:funny: I'm just going by your original reasoning for not wanting Penguin involved.

Damn how did this thread turn into another "Villian for Batman 3?" thread. We're one step away from making casting suggestions. :o

As far as looks and designs go, Jim Lee's Catwoman is perfect for the Nolan-verse.

Agreed....big time!

If Catwoman does indeed wind up being in the film, (which I'm pretty damn sure she will) then lets hope Nolan and his costume designer Lindy Hemming use Jim Lees' catwoman suit design as inspiration for the design of her suit in the film.

Last edited:
oh god, i truely hope we dont get Talia al Ghul, bane.. or blackmask, anyone like that just dont seem particularly interesting! im not trying to put down those characters but i dont think they can hold a candle to the joker last time around. the trouble with him being so entertaining and epic is everyone else just seems boring now!

everyone seems to think the riddler is the next best bet in the sequel and i have to agree, but it will have to be a very different film to TDK surely.

the lead up to TDK had such hype, with people wondering how ledger would play the joker.. and of course his death only snowballed that further. Im not saying this would be my preference, but one of the things that could create anything like 'TDK-level hysteria' in public eyes would be if someone like Depp were to be cast as the riddler?

on a side note, who remembers that HORRIFIC rumour of eddie murphy being cast as the riddler a few months back?! LOL! :wow:

I think Thor needs a lot more help than that. Little name recognition, no-name lead, I seriously think it's gonna struggle.

I agree....I think it will especially struggle overseas, just like Captain America will.

:funny: I'm just going by your original reasoning for not wanting Penguin involved.

Damn how did this thread turn into another "Villian for Batman 3?" thread. We're one step away from making casting suggestions. :o

Paul Giamatti for Penguin!
Beefy chihuahua for Bane!

I am really getting depressed about this "Summer 2012" thing. Just think how long away that is. We have this whole year to get to next summer when inception is released. We might get some Batman 3 news from Nolan by then. THEN we have to to wait ANOTHER year just for it to start shooting. THEN wait ANOTHER year for it to come out.

We'll have IM2 in 2010 and several comic book movies in 2011. That should tide us over until BB3. :yay:

Yes.

I think Catwoman is one of Batman's least fantastical "villains". A cat burglar with cat ears is certainly is no more unrealistic than Batman himself.

on a side note, who remembers that HORRIFIC rumour of eddie murphy being cast as the riddler a few months back?! LOL! :wow:

What about Cher as Catwoman, or Miley Cyrus as Batgirl? *Shudders* BB3 has become a magnet for ludicrous casting rumors.

Agreed....big time!

If Catwoman does indeed wind up being in the film, (which I'm pretty damn sure she will) then lets hope Nolan and his costume designer Lindy Hemming use Jim Lees' catwoman suit design as inspiration for the design of her suit in the film.

Jim Lee didn't design it. Darwyn Cooke did.

I didn't want to do it, but for some reason that drove me crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"