Rogue One General Rogue One News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved it,my god those last 15 min , it was so worth staying away from spoilers :wow:

Seeing it tomorrow morning in D-Box (no 3D).

Saw it earlier on IMAX,I want to try and see it in DBox next, tbh I thought the 3D was a bit overrated

Withou being a massive Star Wars fan and without seeing anything besides a trailer, I was worried but by the end of it I got goosebumps. The third act is so good that it makes up for the shaky first. A great addition to the franchise, a much needed one after the prequels.

Alright, after processing it a bit, I'll give the movie 7,5/10. It's somehow one of the most memorable SW films and at the same time pretty sloppy.

0) The plot overall is engaging.
1) Personal drama didn't really work. Characters were pretty flat and dialogues often felt forced (but maybe I need to watch it in the original language, since I watched dub). Somehow you're still involved in what's going on.
2) Action, visuals, depiction of the world NEVER looked or felt better for me. I want future Star Wars movies to look no less good than this. Production design, CINEMATOGRAPHY - bravo.
3) Music is wonderful. I want the composer to stay for future SW movies.
4) Editing and pace felt choppy at times and there are moments where transitions were really off. Maybe because of reshoots.
5) Controversial CGI character didn't look too jarring, nor it was "the worst CGI ever". I think it was OK.
6) Vader gave us one last "goodbye" in glorious fashion.
7) Plenty of fan service for fans of OT.

My ranking of SW movies at this point goes like this (from best to worst):
1) Hope, Empire
2) Jedi, Force Awakens
3) Rogue One
4) Menace
5) Sith, Clones

I wonder if they're going to do more darker SW movies... Money will tell, most likely. I'd like Gareth Edwards to direct another SW film. Hopefully with better written script.

Last edited:
Now that was the proper space battle I had hoped to see in TFA! I enjoyed this so much more. Although I expected what happened it is too bad

That they did not capture Jyn & Cassian and toss them in a Imperial death camp or something.

Now that was the proper space battle I had hoped to see in TFA! I enjoyed this so much more. Although I expected what happened it is too bad

That they did not capture Jyn & Cassian and toss them in a Imperial death camp or something.

:huh: Why would you want that to happen?

Yeah I don't get that either honestly. I'm really wondering why some people are so

shocked that they all die, not a surprise at all.

In case they do more movies in the OT era then

they could have been broken out

like I said I expected what happened but I liked the characters much more than I expected to.

So I am seeing the movie in about 2 hours and 40 minutes and going to leave my house in a little over a hour to try to get there around a hour early has I expect a line not a line like 7 but still a line. I have never seen in thing like the lines for 7. When I saw 7 the second time it was when the movie had been out for about 2 weeks and it looked more like it had been out a week or less with how cowarded it was.

Literally just ended just saw it and loved it. Solid 9/10 from me. I will say,
The only thing that really bugged me was that unlike I was led to believe, it wasn't a team really put together. Everyone sort of ended up together and then stuck around. Not awful or anything but not expected.

Wow...that was insane. I thought it got off to a little bit of a slow start, but the last half and especially that final act were incredible. The sheer number of shootouts to the original film were beyond what I expected, and it was amazing.

I loved it. Can’t wait to go back this weekend. :up:

Gonna TRY and see it Fri. morning. Lord... Why's it gotta be so cold? You know there's gonna be a line.

In retrospect, I like the throttle up toward the ending. I think the flow works for the Dirty Dozen/ Private Ryan feel.

While looks like plains have changed for me I am going to most likely miss the movie. I have been dealing with a stomick flu for about the last 44 hours and was felling better most of the day and thought I would be good to go tonight but after about 20 hours with out a feaver my feaver decided to come back.

Saw it, loved it. Need to see if a couple more times.

[BLACKOUT]I did like how in Rogue One they showed why Vader is Absolutely Livid during the beginning of A New Hope[/BLACKOUT]

I don’t think I’m going to be able to watch the opening crawl of ANH anymore without getting emotionally distraught...

I don’t think I’m going to be able to watch the opening crawl of ANH anymore without getting emotionally distraught...

As soon as I got home I played the 1st 10min of the ANH

The first part of the film was rough going, but they did need to establish the new characters like Jyn and Cassian. The second half improves dramatically, and the last 15 minutes were a fantastic buildup to the original film.

A few other points:

- This is how more digitally shot films should look. It was very filmic and gorgeous, thanks to the amazing Arri Alexa 65.
- The filmmakers laid on the homages and shout-outs to the original film, and it got distracting.
- In some films, you can tell where they reshot or added new scenes. Given the drama of the reshoots to the ending, it is seamlessly integrated.
- Felicity Jones was great here. She wasn't flat here at all, and she is a captivating lead. Ms. Jones should be getting more offers her way, thanks to this movie.

Although I've had more than a few viewings of TFA since it came out, this movie made me feel better. Yes, it all still technically ends up the same, but this movie literally ended on hope, despite what all happens in the film, while TFA ended on hope, but killed a beloved OT character, and basically said at some point after RotJ, all the characters we loved lives went to crap anyway. I'm sure they'll bring the new trilogy full circle and we'll end at another point where we find everyone left alive happy, but I can't say if it'll be at the cost of our remaining OT characters.

Just saw it. Really loved it. I had two minor gripes which are nit picks.

Not having a opening crawl was jarring along with the title. I am so use to when the film actually starts it goes with no stoppage. The cold open and then after we start getting back story it cuts to the title. Really didn't like that part.

Hoping they change their stance on the crawl and title. Changing those few minutes back to the old usual way would have made that opening flow so much better instead of cutting away from the film to give us a title.

My other gripe is the CG on one character in the middle of the film when they are in the conference about going after the Death Star plans. I can't remember the characters name but he looked like Admiral Ackbar.

I am not sure if it was the lighting in that scene but it was pretty bad and that is shocking given what they did with Leia and Tarkin and all the other characters.

Which my god that CG on Tarkin & Leia was soooo great and alleviates any worries I have about them bringing old characters back to their younger selfs in future spin offs.

What was even weirder was when he showed up at the end of the film during the battle in the ship. He looked fine and the CG worked then. So I don't know what the deal was with that one single scene but it was the only gripe I really had with the CG.

Outside of those two minor gripes which is probably a total of 5 minutes or less of the film it was an outstanding chapter in the Star Wars universe. Loved it start to end and I didn't have any of the pacing problems some mention at the start or end. 9 out of 10.

Better then Force Awakens which for me says a lot because Force Awakens is or was my third favorite Star Wars film but will remain my 3rd favorite Saga film but also a completely different film from where the focus is regarding Jedi and all. A overall emotional experience for me and it tied into a New Hope great.

Plus that ending.... :bow::woo:

Last edited:
Wow...that was insane. I thought it got off to a little bit of a slow start, but the last half and especially that final act were incredible. The sheer number of shootouts to the original film were beyond what I expected, and it was amazing.

I loved it. Can’t wait to go back this weekend. :up:

Glad you loved it Danyose :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"