Rogue One General Rogue One News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking about seeing it again. It was so good. 2D again because I'm not a fan of 3D. It makes the picture dark.

One thing is definitely certain. They saved this movies with reshoots. You can tell from the first trailer, they completely changed the final act.

I'm thinking about seeing it again. It was so good. 2D again because I'm not a fan of 3D. It makes the picture dark.
And this movie has some dark scenes. So yell, probably a good idea. :up:

I am seeing it again in about 11 hours.

Best part of this was that it answered one of the biggest questions in Star Wars history: "Why in the world would they build an exhaust port that goes to the core?"

2e92a77b_47674010.jpeg

Best part of this was that it answered one of the biggest questions in Star Wars history: "Why in the world would they build an exhaust port that goes to the core?"

2e92a77b_47674010.jpeg
They still need to answer how the bomb turns into the port. :funny:

One thing is definitely certain. They saved this movies with reshoots. You can tell from the first trailer, they completely changed the final act.

How so? Im just curious what you think they changed so I can look for some specific stuff? Put it in spoiler tags, please.

Ending spoilers:
I liked the ending but it doesn't make sense. In A New Hope Leia says to Vader that they are on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan. Why would she expect Vader to believe this? They just attacked the Empire and Vader is chasing them.

How so? Im just curious what you think they changed so I can look for some specific stuff? Put it in spoiler tags, please.

Looking at the first trailer and then watching the movie, they clearly changed up the mission a lot. Jyn and Andor don't even fight in the battle and they changed Krennic's role. He never leaves the tower.

I think what originally happened was Jyn was chased from the base onto the battlefield while trying to get from the base to the tower. That doesn't happen. They made the tower and base one. She has the data tapes running on the beach in the original trailer, along with running through the place where the troopers are. Not in the movie.

Last edited:
Ending spoilers:
I liked the ending but it doesn't make sense. In A New Hope Leia says to Vader that they are on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan. Why would she expect Vader to believe this? They just attacked the Empire and Vader is chasing them.
She doesn't expect Vader to buy it. She never did. But she is still trying to keep herself and people alive long enough foe Obi-Wan to rescue her and get the plans to the Rebels.

Looking at the first trailer and then watching the movie, they clearly changed up the mission. Jyn and Andor don't even fight in the battle and they changed Krennic's role. He never leaves the tower.

:hmm interesting. Glad you mentioned this. Ill watch the first trailer before I go to watch the movie.

They still need to answer how the bomb turns into the port. :funny:

I always just assumed that was the Force that made it curve into the port. I took it as being a part of the whole "Let go. Trust the Force." thing. Luke lets go, trusts the Force, fires the torpedo, and it curves into the port.

Similar to Rey letting go and trusting the Force and being able to beat Kylo.

Ending spoilers:

Um it makes complete sense, read what Darth wrote.

I just realized something that made me kind of sad. When Alderaan blows up, we know millions, billions maybe, died horribly, but it never resonated that profoundly with me because we don't really see it. However, in this film [BLACKOUT] We see Jyn rescue the crying child during the fight between Saw's rebels and the Imperial troops. It's a good scene that shows Jyn's heroic side. Later I realized though that there's a pretty good chance that little girl got vaporized with Jedha. The fact it's even a brief bit in the film makes me feel the impact a lot more. [/BLACKOUT]

I added more Marv, if you are interested.

I read it.

Based on what you said about the base and tower being combined and Krennic never leaving the tower, Im thinking perhaps what Gareth originally shot for the final act may have been too spread out or perhaps chaotic or unfocused. Too many pieces moving here and there and Jyn going from one place to the other across the battlefield possibly ****ing up the pace and flow of the battle. So maybe they reshot and streamline and focused things.

Hopefully eventually we get a making of book or some sort of info on what was reshot and why.

One of the best parts of the movie was
when they used the Death Star for the first time to blow up the city. That was so powerful scene. I got chills like all the time watching this movie.

I read it.

Based on what you said about the base and tower being combined and Krennic never leaving the tower, Im thinking perhaps what Gareth originally shot for the final act may have been too spread out or perhaps chaotic or unfocused. Too many pieces moving here and there and Jyn going from one place to the other across the battlefield possibly ****ing up the pace and flow of the battle. So maybe they reshot and streamline and focused things.

Hopefully eventually we get a making of book or some sort of info on what was reshot and why.
I think you are right.

I could even see the final battle taking place over a much longer amount of time then it does in the movie. The scene is super long, maybe even half the movie. So if it was longer, I could see why they wanted to change that.

I think you are right.

I could even see the final battle taking place over a much longer amount of time then it does in the movie. The scene is super long, maybe even half the movie. So if it was longer, I could see why they wanted to change that.

If what they originally shot was longer or too long im willing to bet money that they tried to cut the original battle down and what they originally had shot became a mess when it was shortened. So they went and shot new stuff so that the battle could be shortened but still be comprehensible without holes in it.

Last edited:
One thing I think they definitely added with the reshoots:

Krennic confronting Jyn on top of the tower. It feels really odd how it plays out, but they probably thought they needed that moment.

If what they originally shot was longer or too long im willing to bet money that what they originally had shot became a mess when it was shortened. So they went and shot new stuff so that the battle could be shortened but still be comprehensible without holes in it.
I agree.

If I remember correctly, the shot of Krennic in the water in the trailer was at sunset. Which means the battle would have been a whole day affair. Its not in the movie. Trying to cut that down would be a challenge and half.

You would have to be an idiot to not realize that. Peter Crushing has been dead for 22 years.

Not everyone knows that he is dead. It's also possible some people aren't into SW and some never heard of him. Really 'an idiot'?

You would have to be an idiot to not realize that. Peter Crushing has been dead for 22 years.

On this note, I have a friend whose mother came out of a screening and said "wow, Peter Cushing was good in this."

Someone had to break the news. :o

Last edited:
Not everyone knows that he is dead. It's also possible some people aren't into SW and some never heard of him. Really 'an idiot'?
[BLACKOUT]Even if he wasn't dead[/BLACKOUT], it has been almost 40 years. :funny:

[BLACKOUT]Even if he wasn't dead[/BLACKOUT], it has been almost 40 years. :funny:

OK but what if someone never saw any SW movies before? And goes to see that one? I think it's insanely harsh to call someone "an idiot" here.

Yeah I don't get that either honestly. I'm really wondering why some people are so

shocked that they all die, not a surprise at all.

I was shocked because the studio is greedy as hell so I would never imagine they
shut the gate to any spin offs like that

You know what I loved? That first scene with Krennic and Vader cemented Vader's presence so much that with every one of Krennic's ****-ups I went "ouch... wait until Vader hears about this" in my head. I actually felt for him on Scarif.

...just got home.

Main points I need to state;

-f' the naysayers, that CG cameo was delicious (more RDJ in Civil War, less Flynn in Tron Legacy)

-best space battle scene ever, what I have dreamed of with current technology and SW merging [the murdering of the Star Destroyer and then using a ship to 'push it', holy genius

-great characters and surprisingly funny

-only thing that rubbed me was the title card thing, no scroll was ok

-that Vader scene, holy *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member