Rogue One General Rogue One News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
ImyxKkS.gif

tumblr_nqj8lb2QiJ1s2wio8o1_500.gif

:funny:

Do they sell that $#!t at the concessions stand?

I'm going to try and see it this weekend. It all really depends whether the schedule is right and whether the weather cooperates.

Darth, have you seen it yet?

Let us know what you think once you have :)

:funny:

Do they sell that $#!t at the concessions stand?
What stuff? :funny:

I'm going to try and see it this weekend. It all really depends whether the schedule is right and whether the weather cooperates.
You plan on going with anyone SPIDEY? Also hope you and yours are safe with the weather. Sounds potential miserable.

Weather smeather. I'm willing to brave the Los Angeles winter (it's supposed to get down to 59 degrees) so you shouldn't worry about weather. :woot:

Darth, have you seen it yet?

Let us know what you think once you have :)
I am seeing it in 5 hours. Earliest possible showing and going with my brother, sister and my niece. Rather excited.

And don't worry, you will know how I feel. :funny:

Watched the movie. Wow... Especially the final act.

Good!

I want your personal opinion on Vader!

My god, I am still excited...

Weather smeather. I'm willing to brave the Los Angeles winter (it's supposed to get down to 59 degrees) so you shouldn't worry about weather. :woot:
It has been raining all morning here in Northern California, but they will let us wait inside, so I am good. A super chilly 58. :o

Dare I say they redeemed Vader after the glorious Anakin saga.

It has been raining all morning here in Northern California, but they will let us wait inside, so I am good. A super chilly 58. :o

Man I miss the Monterey SF/Bay Areas..... :csad:

Dare I say they redeemed Vader after the glorious Anakin saga.

Definitely. Frankly I consider this the perfect demonstration of what and who Vader is.
In the comics and books we've witnessed his rampages and cold brutal bloodthirsty nature, but the closest the films have gotten to that is him force chocking people, and standing idly by while aldaraan was destroyed. This is the first time we've ever seen him fully let off his chain to run wild and it was ****ing glorious. People who never read the comics or books have never seen this side of Vader fully realized.

So its definitely redeemed Vader on the big screen imo.

I wonder if this was a reshoot scene?

I did enjoy the film, but I can't get on board with it being better than The Force Awakens. I enjoyed The Force Awakens more. Loved the ending battles and the ending, but those opening scenes of the film for the first ten minutes? Twenty? Went by far too fast. I'm not a big fan of quick scene changes. I need some lingering moments every now and then so I can have a breather and take in those characters and get to know them. By the end of Force Awakens I really loved Rey and Finn. By the end of Rogue One, I did like Jyn and Cassian - and the other characters - but not enough to feel any genuine concern for them.

On the other hand, I need to see the film again. I find that when I do feel a film flew by, a second viewing or a third helps me to take in more details and find more enjoyment. But I don't think it will top VII. Close, though.

Seeing it tomorrow morning in D-Box (no 3D).

[stops digging car out of snow drift in order to get to theater in time]

:argh:

Just a wee quick post. I really enjoyed it. As most have already said, Darth Vader... bah GAWD.

A solid 8.5/10 from me. Will definitely see it two or three more times.

I did enjoy the film, but I can't get on board with it being better than The Force Awakens. I enjoyed The Force Awakens more. Loved the ending battles and the ending, but those opening scenes of the film for the first ten minutes? Twenty? Went by far too fast. I'm not a big fan of quick scene changes. I need some lingering moments every now and then so I can have a breather and take in those characters and get to know them. By the end of Force Awakens I really loved Rey and Finn. By the end of Rogue One, I did like Jyn and Cassian - and the other characters - but not enough to feel any genuine concern for them.

On the other hand, I need to see the film again. I find that when I do feel a film flew by, a second viewing or a third helps me to take in more details and find more enjoyment. But I don't think it will top VII. Close, though.

I see people saying those opening 20 minutes dragged by. They mention the quick editing but they say its slow going in the beginning.

I see people saying those opening 20 minutes dragged by. They mention the quick editing but they say its slow going in the beginning.

Crazy, isn't it? I just didn't think they dragged enough. I thought the opening twenty of The Force Awakens was just right. We got our introductions to the characters, and a little bit of character building to give us this great idea of who they were. We also got lingering moments between scenes, before switching over to, say, Kylo and Hux or Finn and Poe.

But I'm weird. I just like a slow film. I find when I'm jumped from scene to scene - and in this case, planet to planet - I lose track of where I am, who I'm watching and I find it harder to build feelings for the situation. I hated the Hoth scenes as a kid because they dragged on far too long. Now I love them because they show great chemistry between the characters.

:loco: Like I said, crazy really. I could have done with a little extra added to the film - or at least.. Something. I just don't know what. I did like it, and I cannot wait to see it again, but it just didn't quite pull me in at times because it jumped about too much for my liking.

I'm sitting in the theater watching pre-show stuff right now. 20 minutes until previews start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"