Rogue One General Rogue One News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The word of mouth so far seems pretty damned positive.

Damn I really need to stay Spoiler free during movies all the time. Over the past few years I just couldn't resit on clicking on spoilers before seeing the movie. Well I stayed Spoiler Free and all I have to say is wow.

Major Spoilers do not click on it if you haven't seen the movie

Just did not see that whole ending with Vader coming once the rebels were trapped and we hear the breathing in the darkness I got chills. Kinda had a feeling though that the Main Characters in this story was not going to make it this story was pretty much getting the plans so in the end the rebels did win but they kinda died in the process. I really enjoyed it now I really need to go see it in IMax 3d

[stops digging car out of snow drift in order to get to theater in time]

:argh:

Ho, ho, ho! Who wouldn't go? Ho, ho, ho....

I am totally not laughing. :o

I am. We've had over a third of an inch of rain in the last 24 hours. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to R1 tomorrow without drowning. I'll be at my show if I have to swim to it.

I wish it would rain like a mother freller down here.

Darth, looks like you've got a veritable drenching on the way. I wish it was colder. It's 54 and I'm in shorts, t-shirt, barefoot, and the door's open. The weather is just now getting nice down here.

10/10 absolutely mind boggling. Very rarely am I left speechless. the third act was perhaps one of the best I've seen in any sci fi/action film. Without a doubt my favorite Star Wars movie now.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. I was fine with CGI [BLACKOUT]Tarkin[/BLACKOUT], I actually thought he looked good. If anything, the 5 second shot of [BLACKOUT]Leia [/BLACKOUT]looked weird to me.

I really liked the movie though. It started off clunky and slow, but the last half an hour I was actually gripping my armrest. Pretty intense.

Ho, ho, ho! Who wouldn't go? Ho, ho, ho....

I am. We've had over a third of an inch of rain in the last 24 hours. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to R1 tomorrow without drowning. I'll be at my show if I have to swim to it.

I wish it would rain like a mother freller down here.

Darth, looks like you've got a veritable drenching on the way. I wish it was colder. It's 54 and I'm in shorts, t-shirt, barefoot, and the door's open. The weather is just now getting nice down here.
They thankfully let us inside, but yeah it is have raining like crazy up here. :funny:

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. I was fine with CGI [BLACKOUT]Tarkin[/BLACKOUT], I actually thought he looked good. If anything, the 5 second shot of [BLACKOUT]Leia [/BLACKOUT]looked weird to me.

I really liked the movie though. It started off clunky and slow, but the last half an hour I was actually gripping my armrest. Pretty intense.
Tarkin looked good. It was obvious, yet still worked well imo. Leia almost looked like she was in black and white.

I definitely agree with your assessment with the two cgi characters.

I'm honestly baffled as to how people could complain about Tarkin. That was some of the best use of CGI I've seen in a while on a film character. My buddy actually was surprised when I told himhe was cgi, he thought it was a real actor. One could argue Leia was slightly off, but she still looked well done and was only seen for a few seconds.

I got chills when Donnie Yen's character was walking towards the platform to press the button to take down the shields, while reciting his force line. Baddass. [BLACKOUT]And his partner yelling at him to come back was sad.[/BLACKOUT]

I also really liked how sudden [BLACKOUT]Riz Ahmed's death scene [/BLACKOUT]was. Actually made me sad for a sec.

Tarkin looked good. It was obvious, yet still worked well imo. Leia almost looked like she was in black and white.

Did they both though work well enough for you like we were discussing? Better than Tron? Just curious your particular thoughts buddy.

The thing about Tarkin, is that it may make people uncomfortable. I'm not quite sure we are ready for that leap in technology just yet

The thing about Tarkin, is that it may make people uncomfortable. I'm not quite sure we are ready for that leap in technology just yet

I get that. And you can tell he is a creation, but damnit, it worked imo.

I was also really surprised at how effective the [BLACKOUT]death scenes [/BLACKOUT]were. It definitely hit me.

I loved the whole battle on the beach as well. It reminded me of star wars battlefront 2 :woot:

I agree about [BLACKOUT]Leia. She looked almost real but something was off. She was like some Hot Toys figure.[/BLACKOUT]

Me after coming out of the movie
tumblr_oi9fryWXPK1r2wof4o1_400.gif

was fantastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member