The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe they've managed to keep this a secret. Impressive.

Well.....just goes to show...never doubt the mystery box. It can do wonders.

That and you don't mess with Disney. Everyone keeps quiet, because they know about the litigious nature of Disney.

Gawd... I'm just imagining Disney dropping the entire cast on us all at once. The Hype will s*** it's own pants.

Hopefully one of the cast they have locked down is Lupita.

I wonder if Abrams is putting together some kind of sizzle reel for May 4. The Super 8 teaser was filmed months before principal photography began.

I actually kinda thought about that too.

It was about 4 months before Super 8 started filming that they released that teaser in front of Iron Man 2.

Even though I'm still skeptical about Ali lately with his sources, but I did think back to his report when SW was still going to be coming out in May of 2015, that they were planning a "Luke teaser".

Wonder if they are doing some of that too? Doubt it, but man that would be a nice surprise.

Yay some news. Some casting done and already filming somewheres. And maybe that Arndt guy will still get some credit. I'll be watching the PR.

"Larry Kasdan co-wrote it with JJ Abrams and the early draft was done by a guy named Michael Arndt, who wrote Toy Story 3 and [undiscernable]--" --Alan Horn

Ya I could not understand what he said at the end. Was it Toy Story 2? (Even though that's wrong). Maybe he did say Little Miss Sunshine but I could not hear it.

I wish the interviewer wasn't such an interrupter. Let the man answer the questions.

For the new thread. This The Hollywood Masters interview was conducted on Wednesday, April 2, 2014.

• Alan Horn (Chairman of Walt Disney Studios) says that casting has been the hardest part.
  • They have a lot of the casting finished.
  • He says Episode VII actually has already begun filming.
  • He stresses "It's all about the screenplay. It has to be screenplay, screenplay, screenplay."
  • He says the screenplay is now where it needs to be.
  • He credits Kasdan and Abrams for the screenplay and the early draft work was done by Michael Arndt.
  • They are not filming another movie immediately on the back of this one.
  • He says for people to have patience.

Last edited:
For the new thread. This The Hollywood Masters interview was conducted on Wednesday, April 2, 2014.

• Alan Horn says casting has been the hardest part.
  • They have a lot of the casting finished.
  • He says Episode VII actually has already begun filming.
  • He stresses "It's all about the screenplay. Screenplay, screenplay, screenplay."
  • He says the screenplay is now where it needs to be.
  • He credits Kasdan and Abrams for the screenplay and the early draft work was done by Michael Arndt.
  • They are not filming another movie immediately on the back of this one.
  • He says for people to have patience.

njs8ejd

Who is the second unit director on this thing? Anyone know?

In addition to its Overall VFX Supervisor job position, he is the second unit director as he was on the previous STAR TREK movie.

You were also second unit director. Can you tell us more about this position?

Guyett: On a big movie like Trek, there’s 2 units that shoot the movie: the first unit, directed by JJ, which concentrates on the acting side of the movie, with JJ working with all the principal actors to ensure he has the right performances, and then a smaller 2nd Unit, which in this case was directed by me, which mainly deals with the action scenes, and a lot of supporting shots that may not include the principal actors.

http://www.artofvfx.com/?p=4623

Guyett is credited as a part of Episode VII as "visual effects supervisor Roger Guyett"

Great to hear that filming has started.

I'm guessing they're probably just filming landscape shots and things that dont require actors.

They actually are probably shooting some action sequences that may not require anyone in particular. Second Units will also film things where the actor just walks from point A to B as well.

feels like casting news could drop any day now, especially now that they've confirmed a lot of it is done and they've already started shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"