The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Leia gets to wear her slave outfit again when visiting that island.

BBC - Mark Hamill, Luke Skywalker actor, on Star Wars: Episode VII

Mark Hamill, who has returned to the role of Luke Skywalker after more than 30 years, has said it feels like an "unexpected gift" to be back on a Star Wars set.

He said he was there to lend his support and grow a "contractually-obligated beard".

He praised the new generation of actors, including Daisy Ridley, taking part in Star Wars: Episode VII, in his first TV interview about the new film.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-28475959 (video)

Great interview.

so I glanced at Devin's twitter, and it looks like he's saying he may have to "correct" some of the stuff he reported on, after hearing more from his sources.

I'm guessing the hand thing is probably not true ( or certainly not the way he 1st described it ), but Luke's lightsaber being found by Daisy and John and being the catalyst for their journey is probably true.

also, he says the stuff he's hearing from his sources have made him excited for VII for the 1st time......

so......I guess that's good coming from him?

This sounds more feasible. When I heard about the hand thing, my first thought was of them finding Luke's hand on Bespin. Which has already been used in the EU (and also used as a concept in David Tennant's tenure as the Doctor), so I was really confused. I even heard one source say it was not that hand but Luke's robot hand, etc., etc.

I think the lightsaber being used as a message is a more feasible plot point. It will be interesting to see how they deal with this, but I too doubt that the hand has anything to do with this.

This sounds more feasible. When I heard about the hand thing, my first thought was of them finding Luke's hand on Bespin. Which has already been used in the EU (and also used as a concept in David Tennant's tenure as the Doctor), so I was really confused. I even heard one source say it was not that hand but Luke's robot hand, etc., etc.

I think the lightsaber being used as a message is a more feasible plot point. It will be interesting to see how they deal with this, but I too doubt that the hand has anything to do with this.
Why is it when people read the spoilers in the most odd way, they then say they don't make sense. :funny:

Why is it when people read the spoilers in the most odd way, they then say they don't make sense. :funny:

Ya, **************.net and their podcast talked about this a little bit. Those guys have had quite a bit right it seems. They talked about how people are taking things way out, without much detail. They talked about how he had heard there is a hologram talisman inside the lightsaber (originally how Obi-Wan was going to talk to Luke in ESB prior to the idea of a ghost). But ya, he said he's heard about the crashed ship.

But you can tell Devin did that intentionally, he knew some would take things far with it. Even **************.net said he worded many things very odd. But there is truth in it.

Ya, **************.net and their podcast talked about this a little bit. Those guys have had quite a bit right it seems. They talked about how people are taking things way out, without much detail. They talked about how he had heard there is a hologram talisman inside the lightsaber (originally how Obi-Wan was going to talk to Luke in ESB prior to the idea of a ghost). But ya, he said he's heard about the crashed ship.

But you can tell Devin did that intentionally, he knew some would take things far with it. Even **************.net said he worded many things very odd. But there is truth in it.

I can just imagine the hologram message:

"If you have found this lightsaber, please be kind and return it to its rightful owner, Luke Skywalker. Thanks and May the Force Be With You."

:woot:

Lol maybe Devins Sources are from the Set of Spaceballs 2 instead of SW7........and Mark looks great with his Jedi Master Beard.

I can just imagine the hologram message:

"If you have found this lightsaber, please be kind and return it to its rightful owner, Luke Skywalker. Thanks and May the Force Be With You."

:woot:
tumblr_m7mevrCptv1rn233i.gif

Mark is awesome. Not only as an actor, but he just seems like such a down to earth guy. He really is pulling off the Obi-Wan look. Wise Jedi is he.

The beard is much bigger than I expected, and it's awesome.

Seeing Mark alone as he is right now has pumped me up more than anything else prior for this film.

I'm just wondering how different this movie would have been if the actors didn't return for whatever reason.

Could've been an entirely different movie.

^ And thank goodness that is not the case. As much as I'm looking forward to the new characters, my excitement for EpVII would have been significantly less if the Big Three weren't returning.

So far, this is shaping up beautifully (for me :) ).

Ya I really like however how Mark said it is mainly about the next generation, and how they are passing the torch.

The remote island of Skellig Michael may soon become an unlikely lure for sci-fi fans as a camera crew has visited ahead of filming a much-anticipated 'Star Wars' movie.

Boatmen are said to have been bringing the crew across to the UNESCO World Heritage 6th Century monastic site off the Co Kerry coast early in the morning before the island is open to visitors.

The popular tourist attraction will be closed to the public on July 28, 29 and 30 to facilitate filming a small segment for director JJ Abrams' 'Star Wars: Episode VII'.

The Irish Independent has learned the work crews associated with the filming will be based in Portmagee from Sunday night and will be taken in boats across to the island on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week.

It is also believed that none of the cast will be filming on location on the island.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/movies/the-kingdom-strikes-back-30458690.html

@SkelligKerry So a 'friend of a friend' told me they saw Harrison Ford in Caherciveen yesterday....

https://twitter.com/alisonnulty/status/492577302606512128 (Journalist with Radio Kerry)

The same thing happened with the Puzzlewood shoot. I kind of wonder if it's a body double or people keep seeing what they want to see.

Last edited:
Former Doctor Who star Karen Gillan has denied rumours that her hair was donated to the new Star Wars film.

The actress shaved her head for a new role for Guardians of the Galaxy, sparking a variety of internet rumours.

Speaking on the Guardians of the Galaxy red carpet, she told the BBC's Lizo Mzimba there had been a "miscommunication".

Meanwhile, Avengers director Joss Whedon, who also attended the premiere, said he was impressed with the set of the new Star Wars film - which has the working title Episode VII.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-28480120 (video)

Skellig in Kerry could make a cool place for an ancient Jedi temple of some kind or just something Force related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"