The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was noticed elsewhere that you can get the full resolution (instead of this 270p nonsense) by changing the URL on the pictures and omitting the "-480w" part of the address.

For example, to see this in full res on the site
EXAMPLE 1: sw-7-01-480w.jpg
EXAMPLE 2: sw-7-17-480w.jpg

change the URL to
EXAMPLE 1: sw-7-2.jpg
EXAMPLE 2: sw-7-18.jpg

I noticed the numbering scheme is off by one on the full res versions.

Last edited:
This looks like the greatest ensemble cast since the LOTR films.

Hell yes for Lupita!!! very excited :woot: The big question is will she play a totally new character, or could she play Assaj Ventress?

It is. When you are nominated and even win an Oscar you have to immediately strike while the iron is hot.

It does not look like she will be like Monique and fade into oblivion. She also has The Jungle Book and Southpaw coming up, so if she can be like Octavia Spencer (who herself has been very, very busy since she won her Oscar) then it's all good.

Gwendoline Christie is 6'3? Dang.

Looks like Aurabesh on the fence in those set pics. Also, the blonde woman appears to be holding a Zuckuss/Gand mask.

Also I liked Lupita in 12 Years a Slave. Has she done anything else I should watch?

It does not look like she will be like Monique and fade into oblivion. She also has The Jungle Book and Southpaw coming up, so if she can be like Octavia Spencer (who herself has been very, very busy since she won her Oscar) then it's all good.
Yep Spencer is getting roles left and right and she's not even the Hollywood leading lady type. If Lupita mixes up roles in blockbusters with roles in smaller films she should be fine. Star Wars is like the ultimate blockbuster so yeah it's going to be a hit.

The cast just keeps getting better!

yay!! Daisy's not the only new female cast member!!

Brienne of Tarth in Star Wars!! :wow:

Well he was in that George Clooney and Matt Damon movie about the paintings and Nazis.

Yeah, I know, The Monuments Men. But he was barely in it, and in some posters he wasn't even mentioned. Pretty terrible for an Oscar winning actor.

Yep Spencer is getting roles left and right and she's not even the Hollywood leading lady type. If Lupita mixes up roles in blockbusters with roles in smaller films she should be fine. Star Wars is like the ultimate blockbuster so yeah it's going to be a hit.

That is the path I want her to follow, Octavia Spencer's. It looks like that may be the route she is following as she has three other movies in the works as well.

Three of my favorite black actresses: Lupita, Zoe Saldana and Naomie Harris are in big blockbuster films. Now, I wish the same could be said for Rosario Dawson.

There were rumors that Lupita was up for a role in the upcoming "Pan" as Tiger Lilly. This may be the reason she wasn't chosen.

Well he was in that George Clooney and Matt Damon movie about the paintings and Nazis.

Yeah, I know, The Monuments Men. But he was barely in it, and in some posters he wasn't even mentioned. Pretty terrible for an Oscar winning actor.

I don't think he was even promoting the movie. The ones promoting the movie were Clooney, Damon, Bill Murray, Cate Blanchett, John Goodman and Bob Balaban.

Yeah, I know, The Monuments Men. But he was barely in it, and in some posters he wasn't even mentioned.
Oh I haven't watched it so I didn't know how big his role was.

BTW I think it was unfair to excessively whine about the lack of women when the casting wasn't yet finished. And I'm the premier whinner of genre film's under represention and poor represention of women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"