The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's saying what I figured, the hand thing is taken way out of context, and probably not true. But the truth is about the lightsaber sparking the journey in some fashion.

No. It does not say that lol. It's just that the lightsaber is a passing torch, it was for the PT to the OT, and it will be for this. People keep reading into stuff that is not there. Even later **************.net said it was supposed to be ROTJ lightsaber, which they talked about on their podcast. They've been pretty reliable.

Don't worry there could be like 5 versions of this story eventually.

It just gives me a headache at this point.

This is always typical of learning about films early on. You can kinda tell the stuff that is truth, and stuff that is embellished, especially by Devin. This further confirms, even since Devin said he got some stuff wrong a few days ago, that the journey for Luke, and the Lightsaber sparking it is probably the truth, the rest may have been wrong/out of context.

I'm in Hall H at SDCC right now and the "Sneak Peek" is next. Still have my fingers crossed that it's a Star Wars.

This is always typical of learning about films early on. You can kinda tell the stuff that is truth, and stuff that is embellished, especially by Devin. This further confirms, even since Devin said he got some stuff wrong a few days ago, that the journey for Luke, and the Lightsaber sparking it is probably the truth, the rest may have been wrong/out of context.

Keep in mind too that Devin rarely does scoops, so he'll retract because of the overwhelming responses.

But remember, he was the dude who said 'Star Wars 7 will be out in Winter 2015, and everyone including Theforce.net, said it was a lie'.

Keep in mind too that Devin rarely does scoops, so he'll retract because of the overwhelming responses.

But remember, he was the dude who said 'Star Wars 7 will be out in Winter 2015, and everyone including Theforce.net, said it was a lie'.

Oh ya, I"m not saying he's lying. I just think, (even he admits) some of the things may not line up. Also he embellishes. He kept going on and on with the hand, I think some was more of his wording and things he deliberately left out. Hence why he kept saying "This is very vague". Additionally, **************.net who has been right about almost everything, way before Devin reported it, said on their podcast, there is a lot more to what he is saying, and left out quite a bit. And kinda focused on some odd things and embellished them.

I hope you realize that thisisfamous blatantly copied latinoreview's article.

Donnelly's (formerly of Ain't It Cool News) article came out of the 21st. Gonzales's article came out today. The latter quotes from the former.

Donnelly's (formerly of Ain't It Cool News) article came out of the 21st. Gonzales's article came out today. The latter quotes from the former.

Sorry about that. I must've misread it. I guess I didn't know what the heck that other site was!

Oh ya, I"m not saying he's lying. I just think, (even he admits) some of the things may not line up. Also he embellishes. He kept going on and on with the hand, I think some was more of his wording and things he deliberately left out. Hence why he kept saying "This is very vague". Additionally, **************.net who has been right about almost everything, way before Devin reported it, said on their podcast, there is a lot more to what he is saying, and left out quite a bit. And kinda focused on some odd things and embellished them.

I'm a little behind on the news but I read stuff of 'explosions' and a crashed ship on the 'desert world' set, so it makes me think it's like debris from a ship that crashes onto the planet. And then from there, Boyega finds the light saber.

I'm a little behind on the news but I read stuff of 'explosions' and a crashed ship on the 'desert world' set, so it makes me think it's like debris from a ship that crashes onto the planet. And then from there, Boyega finds the light saber.

That's what they said, but claiming there is even more to it. Which at the time they would not disclose.

Very A New Hope-ish, except this time around it isnt droids in the escape pod landing on Tattoine, but a hand/ship/whatever the heck it is lol, landing on a desert planet.

It's the Lightsaber that is the McGuffin.

This is the point I post sources that Tatooine/impostor Tatooine (Impostooine?) may

come under attack or something crashes that people have to scatter around to avoid.

Abu Dhabi extra said:
"It's a wrap" was one of the most amazing phrases I have ever heard in my life, and today when the director of the movie announced it, I was sky high--proud and happy. Now that it has ended, I am going to miss every minute of it. The people I was with in the stunt team were escaping explosions and avoiding spaceship attacks. All of them did an amazing job, hats off, to the best project I have ever seen. Thank you all. I cannot wait til it is at the cinemas.

From another extra on #StarWarsEpisodeVII on 18th May - "stunts, explosions, robots, star troopers, yes yes I need more sand in my mouth!"

Sorry, they might not have known the translation for stormtroopers is what I meant, their English wasn't great.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=29078437&postcount=657

Our sources also report that the sets are getting closer to completion, with a “whole world” having been built on an otherworldly salt lake at one location, a “shuttle-like” spacecraft, a large tower, a “big, centuries-old-looking market”, something the crew are reportedly referring to as the “alien house” and 10 to 15 “really fast buggies” powered by jet engines (landspeeders of Tatooine fame from the previous films, perhaps?)

We have also been told that two lorries of explosives have been brought to one of the sites under high security and that a blast crater has been created. So, it looks like the action in Abu Dhabi could be set to feature a major battle or spacecraft crash of some description.

We also learnt that a group of technicians from the United Kingdom and Los Angeles are currently on site applying the finishing touches before the shoot begins and that some, unnamed, members of the cast are already here and have been out in the dunes practising driving the vehicles they’ll be using when filming begins.

http://www.thenational.ae/arts-culture/film/star-wars-filming-to-start-on-may-13-in-abu-dhabi-desert

Several large transport trucks were also spotted moving the set, which is believed to include a spacecraft that lands on the exotic “planet” being created in the Western Region.

The crew had several large white bags of rusted and bent metal parts, which are to be strewn in the desert, possibly to show a space**craft crash or perhaps a post-apocalyptic civili*sation.

http://7daysindubai.com/7days-goes-search-hans-solo-star-wars-crew-abu-dhabi/

Last edited:
My other theory is that, Luke is tapped into the Force in such an incredible way, than he's almost a demigod. That he is able to travel to the other side - 'Force-verse' (with the ghosts) - at will. Or something like that. Like he's transcended time and space due to his gifts.

So if the lightsaber IS from Empire Strikes Back, maybe he has the power to control, retrieve and manipulate things in the 'normal world'.

MTV - Did Benedict Cumberbatch Just Reveal Simon Pegg Is In ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’?

“J.J. and I are friends, so yeah, possibly,” Cumberbatch said when asked if he and Abrams discussed a part in the “Star Wars” franchise. “But I think J.J. is very good at creating something original out of something known, and I think apart from his continuing use of Simon Pegg — and who can blame him, frankly — it made sense not to do it.”

Let’s rewind: Cumberbatch specifically says “apart from his continuing use of Simon Pegg.” Did he just confirm the rumors that Pegg has a role in the new “Star Wars” movie? Is he simply referring to Pegg’s consistent appearances in Abrams’ “Mission: Impossible” and “Star Trek” franchises, or is there something more?

http://www.mtv.com/news/1879133/benedict-cumberbatch-star-wars-simon-pegg/

Simon Pegg was in Abu Dhabi according to one of the extras I researched on twitter. They once tweeted to him and said something either about meeting him there or seeing him before they later deleted it. I thought deleting it was very strange. I can understand a set visit as Dominic Monaghan was assured a set visit. Anthony Daniels once tweeted about talking to Pegg there at Pinewood as well and also deleted it.

Last edited:
Just gotta say, I love that the desert planet is most likely not Tatooine.

ЯɘvlveR;29371519 said:
not sure if it's been posted but, i wanted to share.
icfsRaP.jpg

by Marco teixeira

Looks neat.
Who's that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members