The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to tweak this and say that I think:
The title will be at Comic-Con this year.
A Dark Knight-esque teaser with The Hobbit in December.
Full trailer with Age of Ultron.
Final trailer with Bond. (Also attached to Mockingjay later that month.)
That seems right.

I think Disney knows well enough to give us some footage in a possible Hobbit teaser. No one is asking for two and a half minutes, but I can definitely see the first real trailer with footage in December.

I think it depends on if it is a JJ, Star Wars or Disney marketing strategy.

If it is a JJ one, I'd expect a mystery style teaser with the Hobbit.

If it is a Star Wars one, I'd expect a full teaser with actual footage but little plot with the Hobbit.

If it is a Disney one, I'd expect a full first trailer with the Avengers.

I am guessing the first teaser trailer would be out with Into The Wood - Walt Disney Film coming out December 25th 2014 . Be quite the Christmas Present. :woot:

I am guessing the first teaser trailer would be out with Into The Wood - Walt Disney Film coming out December 25th 2014 . Be quite the Christmas Present. :woot:
Nice thinking! I've never thought about that.

I remember when the episode 1 teaser trailer was released it was with this movie called meet Joe Black. The theater was full and after the trailer was over everyone left.

Last edited:
ZOMFG CHEWIE!! If that is indeed his EpVII look, it's interesting that they haven't changed him ie some gray hair etc (as far as we can see).

Wookiees live for hundreds of years, Chewie will have barely aged between ROTJ & Episode VII. I think Disney/LF will use this to their advantage to keep Chewie (& the droids) in the series for as long as possible.

I doubt we'll go a 5 month period between trailers, I think a second trailer could be released with Ant-Man. Maybe it wouldn't be released online until AFTER Ant-Man's OW to try & get some more tickets sold.

According to AICN, the working title might be "The Ancient Fear".

"Hey folks, Harry here... in response to my article earlier today a new source has come forward to confirm information that I've been sitting on for over a month. As I've said - getting confirmation has been a *****. I know lots of people in JJ's camp - including JJ... but when I put the title to JJ... he never even responded. That alone was suspicious. But my original source had told me back in January that Abu Dhabi was a location, and when that came to be, he sent me a scoop that the title for STAR WARS EPISODE VII was THE ANCIENT FEAR.

I ran it by everyone in the editorial chatroom. Beaks, Merrick, Quint, Capone... everyone... and they rattled their sources cages - and couldn't get confirmation... BUT tonight... a source that I'm told to call Col. Mustard claimed completely on his own that "the working title" was THE ANCIENT FEAR....

He also stated that "it refers to Max Von Sydow's villain who makes Pazuzu look like a *****!""

Aintitcool.com

I'd be pretty happy with something like that. Now, shall we sit back and watch the "Max von Sydow is Darth Plagueis" rumours go crazy?

Last edited:
Not bad but I think 'An Ancient Fear' flows better than 'The Ancient Fear'

Personally I was hoping for An Imperial Veil or An Imperial Wraith. And while I was hoping for someone completely new, that title along with it supposedly being Von Sydow's role very much leads me to believe we will see Darth Plagueis

3770456-9567735649-darth.jpg

Perhaps as a force ghost who has been instructing Driver's character in the use of his powers.

And @Titan you edited that Plagueis bit in after lol :p

Last edited:
A New Hope, An Ancient Fear.

The Phantom Menance, The Ancient Fear.

Which rolls off the tongue?

These days Harry Knowles' scoops are about as reliable as El Mayimbe's...:o

But if that's the title that would be pretty cool. Nice break from "___ of the ___".

well, it would follow the 3 word naming convention of the 1st in the trilogy.

An Ancient Threat flows better, though.

I'd be pretty happy with something like that. Now, shall we sit back and watch the "Max von Sydow is Darth Plagueis" rumours go crazy?

I hope not. Darth Plagueis is the silliest villain name ever.

These days Harry Knowles' scoops are about as reliable as El Mayimbe's...:o

But if that's the title that would be pretty cool. Nice break from "___ of the ___".

Or, in the case of the Planet of the Apes franchise, "___ of the ___ of the ___."

I think it depends on if it is a JJ, Star Wars or Disney marketing strategy.

If it is a JJ one, I'd expect a mystery style teaser with the Hobbit.

If it is a Star Wars one, I'd expect a full teaser with actual footage but little plot with the Hobbit.

If it is a Disney one, I'd expect a full first trailer with the Avengers.

I'm thinking Kennedy and the Disney marketing team will have the say when it comes to the marketing. The last time Abrams had influence Khan was kept from us and that didn't fare as well as it could have been. With Kennedy's comments in the past about wanting to keep the fans more in the loop, I don't think things will be super Abrams mysterious. This is Star Wars and it's something people at Disney are conscience of. Give us enough but not too much. That might be the best compromise if there was one.

The Ancient Fear is actually a decent title, for Star Wars standards.

A/The
New/Ancient
Hope/Fear

No title will ever beat "The Empire Strikes Back." Every other one has just been a take on "of the" or "something something dark side".

I'm thinking Kennedy and the Disney marketing team will have the say when it comes to the marketing. The last time Abrams had influence Khan was kept from us and that didn't fare as well as it could have been. With Kennedy's comments in the past about wanting to keep the fans more in the loop, I don't think things will be super Abrams mysterious. This is Star Wars and it's something people at Disney are conscience of. Give us enough but not too much. That might be the best compromise if there was one.
Yeah, this makes sense. Agreed :yay:

Harry Knowles' scoops are awful. Here's one from 2004:

... Lucasfilm will be announcing the title of Episode 3 early next week, and they were rushing to reprint some artwork with the new title to take to MIP.
The title had been 'Rise of the Empire', but George Lucas recently changed his mind, and it will now be titled 'The Creeping Fear'. This refers to a hooded Death type character who wipes out the Jedi.

Ancient Fear, Creeping Fear...See the pattern now?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/17252
http://www.starwars7news.com/2014/05/possible-star-wars-episode-vii-working.html

AN Ancient Fear would be a lot better and a nice nod to A New Hope.

Could this be a version of Exar Kun? Or maybe something different than the Sith--another ancient power in the galaxy.

I thought 'The Creeping Fear' was the working title of RotS?

6,000 posts. Woo fricking hoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"