The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daisy Ridley's showreel which features a John Williams name drop
[YT]/i88cjgcyoX0[/YT]

Oscar Issac for the part rumored for Cumberbatch? I don't know, but I do like that Standard Gabriel is in Star Wars. :)

The original three all look good enough to me!

Seeing the cast in that table read context is just so exciting. :D

My interest will definitely drop some if this new trilogy revolves around a female teen.

It appears fr once Abrams and Cumberbatch were telling the truth with their denials over
his involvement.

Disneyfied as ****. If I see the Disney logo before the Star Wars crawl I may dry heave a little.

Jake Lloyd (Episode I) - not a Jedi yet, went on (Hayden Christensen) to become trilogy main character
Mark Hamill (Episode IV)- not a Jedi yet, went on to become trilogy main character
Daisy Ridley (Episode VII)- not a Jedi yet, will go on to become trilogy main character

edyae0f.jpg

If I were to guess...

How are some of you guys mad that they actually went for actors and not names?

Jake Lloyd (Episode I) - not a Jedi yet, went on to become trilogy main character
Mark Hamill (Episode IV)- not a Jedi yet, went on to become trilogy main character
Daisy Ridley (Episode VII)- not a Jedi yet, will go on to become trilogy main character

edyae0f.jpg

If I were to guess...

don't get my hopes up............:csad:

Yeah and your presumptions are always on the side of everything being rosy when one of your heroes is at the helm. :up: She's a ****ing kid, I didn't want that, sorry.
Apology accepted. :cool:

How are some of you guys mad that they actually went for actors and not names?

Yes because Fassbender and Cumberbatch are not good actors compared to the guy with a bit part in Harry Potter and a kid who has 1 credit on her resume.

Personally I hope that Daisy Ridley is the lead. Young female lead in a Star Wars movie, it feels interesting and fresh to me.

Remember when they revealed the cast of Ep 1? Remember how that movie turned out?

It seems to be the opposite the time around IMO.

Cool cast, still a bit underwhelmed. Was hoping for 1 or 2 surprises...I guess that's Isaac and and von Sydow for me.

@colliderfrosty
very excited to see what J.J. is going to do with motion capture technology in STAR WARS universe. Stuff I've seen on new APES is amazing.

I'm really intrigued by Serkis role (roles?). He is as good with CGI as he is without it.

Disneyfied as ****. If I see the Disney logo before the Star Wars crawl I may dry heave a little.

:whatever:

Yeah, casting the guy known for indie movies, a Coen brothers pic and jerking off on his girlfriends chest on Girls is a TOTALLY Disneyfied casting choice.

Fassbender/Cumberbatch were never going to tackle this. We know they're already too busy with more than one franchise, so why bother?

This is heads and toes better than the E1-3 cast, except for Liam who was monumentally miss-used anyways.

Ford gets a prime seat next to JJ. Deadline said his role is gigantic.

One thing I did notice is that the Daisy girl kind of resembles Jake Lloyd. There is that.

I was hoping to see Cumberbatch or Nyong'o.
Maybe in Episode 8 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back