The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can bet you all that the title will be similar to A New Hope not in the way it's worded, but something that doesn't necessary screams 'Star Wars'. Something simple.

I don't buy The Ancient Fear rumor at all.

When is the last time an AICN rumor paned out?

Episode 7 needs some cool lightsaber duels. And Jar Jar better not be in it and they better not mention midiclorians

I find the rumors swirling around Max Von Sydow's character most interesting. First, there's a rumor that he's a villain. Then there are reports that he is going to be only providing his voice (which would make sense given his age). This makes me think that he and Serkis will actually be playing the same character, with Serkis providing the mocap and Sydow the voice. Plus, I just love the rumor about him being Plagueis.

It originated on moviepilot, a website that anyone can sign up for and write for.

Did anyone hear this rumour floating around??

http://joshmelo18.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/lupita-nyongo-for-star-wars-ep-vii-rumour/

Lupita Nyong'o as a Sith would be kind of cool imo.

@Summerteeth - I really hope Serkis gets to fully realize a character on his own, it would be a shame for him to only act as a body double.
Well... ok. If all these rumours about the sith and plagieus and stuff are true... that makes me wonder what the plot will be like because plagieus is dead and I thought the sith were destroyed at the end of ROTJ.

Ventress? Shouldn't she be dead? Or did they freeze her in carbonite?

Here's the problem with rumors and some fans. They're not THINKNG chronologically.

So from the Prequels, The Clone Wars in particular, some people want to see The Ventress or even Mace Windu surviving, when it doesn't make any sort of sense. 50 has past by from the Prequels to Epsiode 7. We're not going to see Prequel characters. And it would be jarring too since where were they during the Orignal Trilogy?

^ I don't think this will happen (though I'd be happy with Lupita playing a Sith) but for the sake of argument - You're not taking into account the dismissal of the EU and it's chronology. They could well bring in someone heavily Ventress inspired as a new, non-Ventress character, since they don't have to worry about having two similar characters anymore. OR, they could even bring in Ventress herself. Change her backstory to include her battles with Obi-Wan/Anakin etc but have it so her species doesn't age as fast, even if that wasn't originally part of the character (I have no idea). Or just take the character and pluck her down as Luke's/Daisy's/Boyega's new enemy.

Lots of ways to go with it all now, which was of course the point of wiping the slate clean. They can do what they want.

Last edited:
Ventress? Shouldn't she be dead? Or did they freeze her in carbonite?
Lol I don't know if they put her in carbonite... but I'm pretty sure they put Jar Jar in carbonite. And that's a good thing! If he was frozen in carbonite hopefully they buried him deep underground, somewhere no one will ever find him :oldrazz:

hasbro-20120211074608991.jpg

Episode VII: Another New Hope

Episode VII: The Dark Side's Calling Now Nothing is Real

Episode VII: No Anakin! Yay!

Episode VII: The Vengeance of Darth Deviousvilestmurderouscorruptious

Episode VII: Who Gives a ****, You Know You're Going to See It Anyway

^ I don't think this will happen (though I'd be happy with Lupita playing a Sith) but for the sake of argument - You're not taking into account the dismissal of the EU and it's chronology. They could well bring in someone heavily Ventress inspired as a new, non-Ventress character, since they don't have to worry about having two similar characters anymore. OR, they could even bring in Ventress herself. Change her backstory to include her battles with Obi-Wan/Anakin etc but have it so her species doesn't age as fast, even if that wasn't originally part of the character (I have no idea). Or just take the character and pluck her down as Luke's/Daisy's/Boyega's new enemy.

Lots of ways to go with it all now, which was of course the point of wiping the slate clean. They can do what they want.
The Clone Wars is canon though? Therefor Ventress is already a character.

The Clone Wars is canon though? Therefor Ventress is already a character.

Oh, she's in that? I didn't realise, I've only seen two or three random episodes.

Completely disregard my previous post then. :woot:

That's why I was confused by your post. Like seeing a madman rambling!

Episode VII: Another New Hope

Episode VII: The Dark Side's Calling Now Nothing is Real

Episode VII: No Anakin! Yay!

Episode VII: The Vengeance of Darth Deviousvilestmurderouscorruptious

Episode VII: Who Gives a ****, You Know You're Going to See It Anyway
:funny:

That last one will be the abridged version of whatever they use.

No matter the title; I'm not buying that the villain will not be a dark force user. It would be just ******ed.

The most likely choices are the only two villains that exist already in the film universe-- Sidious and Plagueis. Either could come back with the power of the dark side and then pass the torch to a new character.

People asking about Plagueis he could always be a sith force ghost. He might be in it, might not.

My personal preference is a villain who is not a sith, I'd like Mandalorian's or perhaps as it is a huge universe another sect with different beliefs than the Jedi or Sith on how the force should be used. Nightsisters, or Jensaarai for example.

People asking about Plagueis he could always be a sith force ghost. He might be in it, might not.

My personal preference is a villain who is not a sith, I'd like Mandalorian's or perhaps as it is a huge universe another sect with different beliefs than the Jedi or Sith on how the force should be used. Nightsisters, or Jensaarai for example.

Though I like Ventress, I don't want the Nightsisters. They are too...witch/Grimm Tales like. It just does not ever feel like SW. I loved TCW but there were aspects of the Nightsisters that just went in odd areas I felt. Maybe if done right, and held back a little bit yes.

But I want whatever works best for the story, but you will need a Force User because we will need a lightsaber fight. So I figure we will have something that goes against the light side belief. A dark side user. Using the Sith name or not.

Tahar Rahim has revealed that he auditioned for a role in Star Wars: Episode VII.

Rahim tried out for a 'soldier role' and while he didn't land the part, he says it was an exciting process to be a part of.

Speaking to the Press Association, the actor said: "I had an audition for Star Wars but they didn't take me. It was for a soldier role.

"It was cool to do it any way. It was such a CIA project - you cannot talk and you cannot reveal anything.

"It's a kid's dream to be in something like X-Men, Star Wars or James Bond. When I was a kid, I dreamt of that so if I could do it, I would."

Star Wars: Episode VII will hit the big screen in 2015 and will see J.J. Abrams in the director's chair for the first time.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/movies/movie-news/tahar-rahim-auditioned-for-star-wars-465339.html

See JJ in the directors chair for the first time? Ya...pretty sure he's done a few films. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"