Generation Y, Hillary Clinton Says You Are Lazy

Erzengel

|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|
Reaction score
New York Post said:
WASHINGTON - Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton lashed out at the instant-gratification generation yesterday, saying young adults "think work is a four-letter word."
"Kids, for whatever reason, think they're entitled to go right to the top with $50,000 or $75,000 jobs when they have not done anything to earn their way up," the Dems' 2008 White House front-runner said.
"A lot of kids don't know what work is. They think work is a four-letter word," she told a Republican-leaning audience gathered at the annual U.S. Chamber of Commerce convention.
"We've got to send a different message to our young people. America didn't happen by accident. A lot of people worked really hard. They've got to do their part, too."
A young adult who Clinton knows well, daughter Chelsea, 26, started a six-figure consulting gig in the New York office of London-based McKinsey & Company after receiving her master's degree from Oxford in 2003.
The former first lady blamed cable TV, high-speed Internet, cellphones and iPods for creating a culture that "really argues against hard work. It's a culture that has a premium on instant gratification."
"You know, I grew up in a home with one TV set and we didn't get that right off the bat. It improved your negotiating skills because you had to argue about what channel you were going to watch, even though there were only three," Clinton said.

Her get-tough talk chastising a generation of spoiled brats will likely play well with heartland voters who cherish old-school values. But it may enrage her biggest fans: A recent poll found 62 percent of people 18 to 34 hold a favorable opinion of Clinton, highest of any age group.
Clinton urged parents and teachers to instill a work ethic in tech-savvy tots now in grammar school. "We have to re-exert adult authority over the educational enterprise. We need to start early," she said.

Last time I checked Generation Y was anyone right now ages 16 to 29.

I just find it funny that her daughter got a six figure consulting job right after her masters at the tender age of what 24?

Anywho, who to blame?

The parents? Giving them cars as gifts, paying for their gas money and insurance. Not forcing them to get jobs?

Or how about society? The "everybody wins" scenario where everybody gets to play and everyone gets a trophy for participating. Does this lead to kids not expecting to succeed because there is not strive to be #1?

What about the media? Before cable, there use to be Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous where we only saw older celebrities living the life of luxury. Now we have Sweet 16, Cribs and other nonscense shows where they see their peers living that life. Does that have an effect on that to want exactly that without having to work for it?

Of course I fit in the Gen Y category and I never thought that out of college I'd be making 50-75 right off the bat. I had to work towards that and didn't expect it to be handed to me.

I heard this on the radio yesterday and curious since most of you are Gen Y here.

Oh btw Hillary? Work IS a four letter word...literally.

What a skank. I would totally kick her lumpy ass,but apparently I'm too lazy.

The Hype has a lot to answer for.

that penis ***** :mad:

The former first lady blamed cable TV, high-speed Internet, cellphones and iPods for creating a culture that "really argues against hard work. It's a culture that has a premium on instant gratification."

HAHA. I blame the evolving entitlement culture that has sprung up more and more in America. I will give her hubby Bill some credit for working with Newt Gingrich in the late 90's to try and limit it, but she herself has done more and more to encourage it with social welfare programs that have more holes than swiss cheese, and don't encourage/help people to get out and get employed

I would complain but Im too lazy :(

Nobody here will have enough motivation to read the article ...or anything else over one para.

Meh, every older generation has always *****ed at the younger generation for being too lazy.

but work is a 4 letter word :confused:

See Kaleb, you just proved her point and were too lazy to read the 2nd post. Way to go. :down :(

although, her daughter's situation basically contradicts her speech, she's right

there's waaaay too many spoiled brats around

i believe some are very spoiled but others are not. people cant just be judged in one large group .. we are all individuals and should be judged on our merits.

cable TV, high-speed Internet, cellphones and iPods
Why we used to get carpal tunnel syndrome, swingin' those needles over to play the next song on the vinyl LP's.
We had to walk/crawl to the Lye-Berry!:(
And carrying all of those quarters around, just in case you had to use a...how you say?...."PAYphone"?....it conditioned the thighs, that's for sure, lazy f***ing spoiled, worthless Democrats!

I loved the way we worked it, no diggity.

Wait so 29 year olds are in "generation Y" now???

I remember when I was 18-19, I was considered to be in "Generation X"...

Blah....:eek:

Well this does explain why I do not like foreplay because I'm just into instant gratification. Thank you Hillary.

I really don't give a f**k what Hillary Clinton says or thinks, to be honest. She's part of the cultural elite in our society that has the top 5% of the wealth and power. Her perception might be just a leeeeeettle bit skewed.

jag

If Hillary said it, it must be true.
Thank God! im part of GenX.

Now get back to work you lazy GenY bastids!

Erzengel said:
Well this does explain why I do not like foreplay because I'm just into instant gratification. Thank you Hillary.

Ahhh... so that's why I don't care for younger guys. :)

Zaed said:
If Hillary said it, it must be true.
Thank God! im part of GenX.

Now get back to work you lazy GenY bastids!

I'm so old... I'm not even Gen X. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"