• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Dark Knight George Lucas

Dark Knight is definitely shaping up to be the better film, and I hope to God it does better B.O. wise.:brucebat: But no one ever said life was fair.

Don't we have a Dark Knight Box Office Thread already???

Oh yes here.

I do think Indy will beat TDK at the box office, but at the box office alone.

I really don't care which one makes more money, and I certainly don't care what George Lucas has to say about it.

Whatever. I'm looking forward to BOTH movies. As long as both of them are good, then I'm good.

I do think Indy will beat TDK at the box office, but at the box office alone.

If they promote The Dark Knight with excellent reviews once it's released and push the fact that it's probably one of the best performances of late Heath Ledger then they may be able to use what "The Crow" used to be a smash hit with Brandon Lee's death surrounding the movie. Don't call me morbid, but hey let his death not go in vein to the industry right?

Remember that Batman has cartoons and current toys which kids are into where as Indy has been out of the loop for a while so expect Batman to have more children attending and Indy to have more nostalgic adults caring. You'll be surprised that Batman has a larger following.

My father looks like George Lucas.
mbeoh.
TDK will beat out Indy IV.

It's the new generation versus the old one...Indy IV has more chance to make more at the box office due to the nostalgic atmosphere of the old movies. But still, TDK can make more if WB decides to really start their marketing. Yeah yeah, I know there is the virals and all, but the interviews, the TV spots, etc will attract more (a lot) of people.

Yup. The virals are fanboy-centric marketing. Trailers and the like are more GA oriented (wich is why they put the first trailer with I Am Legend, a movie they knew would have huge GA attendance thanks to it's star.)

It's the new generation versus the old one...Indy IV has more chance to make more at the box office due to the nostalgic atmosphere of the old movies. But still, TDK can make more if WB decides to really start their marketing. Yeah yeah, I know there is the virals and all, but the interviews, the TV spots, etc will attract more (a lot) of people.
Batman is a character that made his first appearance 1939. He appeals to people of many generations

I think George's opinion in this case is somewhat wise. There hasn't been an Indy film since the 80's... this is big, much more than TDK (as much as we all would like it to be), but obviously, from what we've seen it'll be better than KotCS.

I'm sorry but TDK won't be the highest grossing film of '08. Indy has most watched trailer down it's sleave. But I bet it'll be (a close) #2. I think more kids will be attracted to Indy than TDK, TDK looks a little too dark. TDK looks to be the ESB or TOD of the BM franchise.

Movie wise, TDK will be more Oscar worthy.

Lucas needs to go on meds, he's not directing Spielberg is. So it's not gonna suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"