Ghost Rider 2 In The Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an idea...why not follow the comics instead of reinvisioning?

Just saying...

Here's an idea...why not follow the comics instead of reinvisioning?

Just saying...

nic-cage-birdhair.jpg

I know this will alienate movie-goers but it's good that it is a sequel yet at the same it's also a reboot, because the actors chosen to play Johnny Blaze and Mephisto were least of the first films problems. The problem was that the movie itself was disappointingly bad. The franchise still has a second chance unlike what happened with Batman Forever and Batman & Robin to fully reboot.

As we all know, Ghost Rider: Spirits of Vengeance is filming in Romania, especially in a lot of castles and cathedrals. Then I really think that Neveldine and Taylor are going for a truly Gothic and dark tone.

As we all know, Ghost Rider: Spirits of Vengeance is filming in Romania, especially in a lot of castles and cathedrals. Then I really think that Neveldine and Taylor are going for a truly Gothic and dark tone.

Hopefully this helps out the film

I know this will alienate movie-goers but it's good that it is a sequel yet at the same it's also a reboot, because the actors chosen to play Johnny Blaze and Mephisto were least of the first films problems. The problem was that the movie itself was disappointingly bad. The franchise still has a second chance unlike what happened with Batman Forever and Batman & Robin to fully reboot.
While I can see your statement about it being a bad film my question to you is WHY?Or rather what killed it for you?
What was it you didn't like?For me I thought it was okay however I feel it felt short in it's intensity and the lack of suspense due to weak villians.
In retrospect it wasn't a Movie that really even needed a villian at least for the first one.It could have been all around focused on him just becoming the Ghost Rider.That in itself is a storyline.Becoming Ghost Rider police hunting him down him rider through the streets of N.Y.battling Cops and struggling with his love interest all the while searching for answers.
Then in the Second storyline you impliment the supernatural villians bring it up to another level.
I feel this is somthing alot of hero movies miss out on.
It just seems like they try throwing everything in there at nce and it just calls for a mess.
I feel that's where the blew it in the first Hulk as well.Just becoming the Hulk is a story if done right but then you have the whle issue with his dad and then the Hulk dogs.All that stuff could have been saved for sequels.
It just makes for a mess.

Then I really think that Neveldine and Taylor are going for a truly Gothic and dark tone.

I don't know about that. Sure, we get European locales this time but apparently Neveldine/Taylor are doing the same 'tricks' they did with Crank 2 and Gamer -- shakycam shots, rapid-cut editing and lame camera placement.

At least they didn't write the script. Thank god for small favors.

With reports of a new origin sequence this Is basiclly a reboot but keeps Nicholas Cage
as Ghost Rider

What was it you didn't like?

-The overly comedic Mack character played by Donald Logue and jelly beans
-The demons were not demonic enough, they just seemed like vampires
-The demon goons were such idiots, they didn't prove to challenging
-Limiting the Ghost Rider transformation to night only was very cliche
-It should have been much darker and gothic
-The origins should have been more tragic and horrible with the whole inability to save his adoptive mother few years after his real single dad died and his deal with the devil

I can't remember more issues, since I haven't seen it in a while.

So, I guess a better sequel that ignores the first film is better suited than a reboot.

-The origins should have been more tragic and horrible with the whole inability to save his adoptive mother few years after his real single dad died and his deal with the devil

So, I guess a better sequel that ignores the first film is better suited than a reboot.
Okay I see.
Just quick since I see your Ghost Rider avatar what did you like mabe just the Cg???

I hope they fix Ghost Riders voice in the new movie. It always bugged me in the first. Don't know why

The main problem was the tone of the film. It felt like it was all over the place.

I know this film is already being made, but something possesed me to read about Ghost Rider and I read over the Ultimate version of Ghost Rider.

Ultimate Ghost Rider's origin is explained in Ultimate Comics: Avengers (vol. 2) #4. Young twenty-something couple Johnny Blaze and Roxanne Simpson decided on a cross-country trip across the United States. One day they came across a bar where they befriended a biker gang, who kept buying them beer. The friendship was a ruse as they killed an intoxicated Blaze as part of a satanic ritual. During the ritual they bartered their souls with Satan in exchange for wealth and power. Satan granted their request, but kept the upper hand. The deceased Blaze also made a deal; Satan will get his soul in exchange for the assured safety of Roxanne. For twenty years Blaze was trained to become the Ghost Rider, and was sent into the world to get his revenge. He tracks down and kills the members of the motorcycle gang—now rich and in positions of power—individually. Due to these deaths an executive order comes down from the White House: kill the Ghost Rider. The Avengers are recruited into the mission with no knowledge of the Ghost Rider except that he is 7 feet tall and has the strength of Thor.[30] When the Avengers were unsuccessful in stopping the Ghost Rider from killing his next target, the truth behind the Ghost Rider is learned, and the leader of the motorcycle gang is now the Vice-President, Bobby Blackthorne. Johnny dragged the Vice President into a church which turned them both back into human form, allowing the Punisher to finish off the Vice President, pleading his case, Johnny was allowed to leave. He is later seen in a park with Satan watching Roxanne, who was brought back to life with no memory of what was done. Satan agrees to let her live her life if Johnny continues to be his Ghost Rider, to which he agrees.

Now to me, even though I didnt read the actual story or any Ghost Rider story in general, this story sounds like it would be really great for a Ghost Rider movie. It might come off as a shallow revenge film

Thoughts?

I enjoyed Crank but I couldn't stand Crank 2. Just way too much excess. They took everything that was fun and enjoyable about Crank and pretty much just killed it. I was sick of the style by the end.

I know this film is already being made, but something possesed me to read about Ghost Rider and I read over the Ultimate version of Ghost Rider.

Now to me, even though I didnt read the actual story or any Ghost Rider story in general, this story sounds like it would be really great for a Ghost Rider movie. It might come off as a shallow revenge film

Thoughts?

It's not a bad read, it's simple and it could work. Robert Rodriguez comes to mind to direct a movie like that. What really made the first movie fail in a big way was that it didn't have the action to back up all the shortcomings of the script. I just wish the studios would actually read the comics and see what made GR so special to it's fans. The Ghost Rider origin was actually quite good on it's own. The merits could be made into a good movie with the right script.

You've got:

1. A Faustian tale
  2. A powerful, terrifying, and awesome ancient entity
  3. Horrific and sometimes omnipotent villains
  4. A genuine human element (Not just JB and Roxy, but JB and the Quentin Carnival, Dan Ketch and his friends and family, the dynamic relationship between Dan and Blaze)
  5. A struggle for control
  6. Throw in some epic action and you've got a winner.

Unless CGI gets really really cheap or some Studio takes a big risk with a 2nd tier hero/anti-hero, there's no way they will be able to pull off an epic Ghost Rider movie worthy of the character.

Even more set pics:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Dustin03Comics/news/?a=28719

Seeing yet another picture of a Back-hoe really makes me think that they were inspired by portions of Jason Aaron's run on GR, and are bringing Trull the Inhuman into the film.

I mean, it doesn't look as if it's there as a camera-mount or something to assist filming (which is what I initially thought), but instead, actually looks as if it's part of the shot!

And knowing how over-the-top the directors can be, it just may be possible after all.

Is that black charred motorcycle supposed to be the new GR bike?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"