Ghost Rider TV Show?

FlameHead

Avenger
Reaction score
Avi mentioned at the con that this movie almost turned into a TV show. Close call eh? I'm definatly glad that there's a movie coming out...

... however, it sure would be awesome to have a tv show. Not in replacement of a movie but in addition too. Wouldn't you guys like that?

Would it work as a series ya think?

FlameHead said:
Avi mentioned at the con that this movie almost turned into a TV show. Close call eh? I'm definatly glad that there's a movie coming out...

... however, it sure would be awesome to have a tv show. Not in replacement of a movie but in addition too. Wouldn't you guys like that?

Would it work as a series ya think?

A GR tv series?
Christ! It will be my dream come true. Well, my second dream, since the MOVIE it´s been produced at this moment.
Mess up with future sequels? i don´t think so. Remember Smallville and Superman Returns. On the contraire, they are linked even.
In my dreams a wrote a tv show called "JOHNNY BLAZE", exploring JB´s childhood and teenage years. The Naomi story, the first signs of the DAMNATION, past incarnations, things like that.
But it´s just a fan dream.
It will be cool.:ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

If they do it like they did StarGate from movie to tv series I'd be fine with it, but I'd like to see GR on the Screen at least a couple more times.

i agree w/ Vartha...let GR go the route of Blade. 3 movies then a tv series...of course that will depend how well the first movie does.

I just hope if they ever do a cartoon they don't dumb it down to the point where it doesn't make sense. I mean they talked about that before, they'd have to make it so it wouldn't scare the kiddies. The same for the tv show, from what I remember, they wanted to do the tv show, but it was too lame of a script and plot idea.

Ehhh I think they would go with really cheap CGI and end up making Ghost Rider look laughable.

There's always the problem with that. I mean, we don't want another Mutant X type thing. I think the only real way to do it would be a cartoon... a nice dark animation series.

Would be cool to see the story of a whole bunch of different Ghost Rider's through time.

what the heck.as long as the main character isnt wearing a toupee.

Well, could work. In the film we know of Johnny Blaze, if Marvel is listening I will be pitching an idea for Spider-Man: The Series live action later on after its debut on superherohype.com. And I have 'worked' in the Marvel live action television mind set- even if not professionally. I think a Ghost Rider show would be great, but what about confusion? No problem, we've got Dan Ketch. Also this will help draw in teen audiences and fans alike. So, Dan Ketch seems like he would make the perfect page to small screen adaptation- since we picture Nicholas Cage as Johnny Blaze. Maybe he could have cameos now and then? Similar to how Christopher Reeves guest starred on Smallville.

I'd watch it faithfully. They could even develop the brother storyline with Blaze and Ketch... though I doubt Nic would do any TV. Great idea! Again, we'd have to worry about the special effects with live action though.

I don't like to see Superheroes on TV. Very few of them get the budget they need to be done right.

Having said that, Ghost Rider could be adapted pretty easily for TV. Hell, the guy's seeking a way to rid himself of his curse and he's got a bike so he can ride to a new place every week. He'll fall for a local gal who's in trouble, fire up, beat the bad guys and save the damsel in distress, but in doing so lose his chance to cure himself by this much. Bit like The Incredible Hulk, but with wheels and hellfire.

;)

Sci-fi & superhero TV shows seem to be made to break fans' hearts. You want them, wati w/baited breath for them, & they suck.

Mr Nick said:
Having said that, Ghost Rider could be adapted pretty easily for TV. Hell, the guy's seeking a way to rid himself of his curse and he's got a bike so he can ride to a new place every week. He'll fall for a local gal who's in trouble, fire up, beat the bad guys and save the damsel in distress, but in doing so lose his chance to cure himself by this much. Bit like The Incredible Hulk, but with wheels and hellfire.

;)
And that's exactly how it would come across. Like a knockoff of the Hulk. :ghost:

Chris Wallace said:
Sci-fi & superhero TV shows seem to be made to break fans' hearts. You want them, wati w/baited breath for them, & they suck.

Exactly. Especially with a main character that would have to rely on heavy CGI. A character like the Punisher who is more releastic can be made into a tv show but Ghost Rider...I doubt it. An animated series like Spawn definitely but live action...no.

Chris Wallace said:
And that's exactly how it would come across. Like a knockoff of the Hulk. :ghost:

Just because it may have Ghost Rider appearing just once, at the end of the episode, doesn't make it a knockoff. It's just how plotlines go. I mean, the story is mainly about how Johnny/Dan Ketch deals with having this demon bonded to them (which IS much like the Hulk story, no doubt). Having Ghost Rider the entire episode wouldn't create any dramatic story and would be just action.

Having said that, designing it like the old hulk episodes would work perfectly... though I have to agree with Red on having an animated series would be best.

RedIsNotBlue said:
Exactly. Especially with a main character that would have to rely on heavy CGI. A character like the Punisher who is more releastic can be made into a tv show but Ghost Rider...I doubt it. An animated series like Spawn definitely but live action...no.

Ooooo, good call. I hadn't considered animation. The cel-shaded CG Spider-Man series from MTV was pretty cool. If it was like that, but darker, it'd be solid.

:eek:

Mr Nick said:
Ooooo, good call. I hadn't considered animation. The cel-shaded CG Spider-Man series from MTV was pretty cool. If it was like that, but darker, it'd be solid.

:eek:

You mean like Spawn cartoons?

Didn't see Spawn, I'm afraid. Never liked the character.:(

Me too, actually i hate it , but the cartoon had the right look...

InVictus said:
You mean like Spawn cartoons?

Cartoons? That kind of make it sounds like something they show on Cartoon Network. It was an R rated animated series on HBO.

Sorry, i can't link Spawn to something as serious as the words "animated series".

InVictus said:
Sorry, i can't link Spawn to something as serious as the words "animated series".

What???? Have you even seen an episode? It was an amazing and serious animated series. It won 2 Emmys, 2 Golden Reel Awards and was nominated for an Annie.

FlameHead said:
Just because it may have Ghost Rider appearing just once, at the end of the episode, doesn't make it a knockoff. It's just how plotlines go. I mean, the story is mainly about how Johnny/Dan Ketch deals with having this demon bonded to them (which IS much like the Hulk story, no doubt). Having Ghost Rider the entire episode wouldn't create any dramatic story and would be just action.

Having said that, designing it like the old hulk episodes would work perfectly... though I have to agree with Red on having an animated series would be best.
Just b/c it wouldn't be a knockoff don't mean it wouldn't be perceived as one. Besides, you can't exactly "cure" demonic possession. He'd have to be searching for an exorcist or something. In any event, this "Fugitive meets Mr. Hyde" approach has been done before & I don't want GR to suffer that fate.:ghost:

What would you suggest the show be like then? I mean, that's the character.

RedIsNotBlue said:
What???? Have you even seen an episode? It was an amazing and serious animated series. It won 2 Emmys, 2 Golden Reel Awards and was nominated for an Annie.

I know, it's just i cannot stand Spawn.Period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"