Ghostbusters 3 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocketman

Honestly, a Spawn reboot could be potentially amazing. Everyone likes to throw the words "dark" and "gritty" around now, but Spawn's as bold as it gets. An R-rated superhero movie that kicks Constantine and Punisher in the ash.

Sure a Spawn reboot would be kinda neat* but my point is that it's probably not gonna happen. 13 years talking about writing the Spawn 2 script (which would've been a soft-reboot anyway) is not a good sign.

*I think Spawn is the ultimate product of the 90's that never has gone beyond that decade. And Image doesn't need Spawn (or the other 90's properties at this point) due to Walking Dead, Saga and other more innovative titles. That's why I feel like it's not a priority for any studio to go ahead with any Spawn movie; it's not a relevant property.

Wait until the big boom of 90's nostalgia hits. Then you'll get your Spawn reboot.

Unfortunately yes. Just like all these 80's reboots now coming out, when the 90's kids are old enough to be in positions on power in hollywood you'll start seeing all the 90's remakes pop-up.

Unfortunately yes. Just like all these 80's reboots now coming out, when the 90's kids are old enough to be in positions on power in hollywood you'll start seeing all the 90's remakes pop-up.

I can see the eventual 'Saved by the Bell' reboot, along with 'Power Rangers'. Pokemon? I mean the latter half of the decade was the start of the anime boom. Maybe that's when we'll get good adaptions of 'Cowboy Bebop' in Hollywood.

The thing about the 90's is that it was less about action (GI Joe) to sell toys to boys but more back to the state of embracing 'satirical cartoons' like Tiny Toons and Animaniacs. I can only think of Gargoyles or the DC cartoons being the successors to the 80's action cartoons. I don't know about films about 'Tiny Toons' but I can see WB trying to bring them back on TV eventually.

It's going to be hard to feel nostalgia for the 2000s' because they are already rebooting franchises of that era.

Don't know whether to :funny: or :waa: about the truth in this statement.

I'll be honest, after watching men in black 3, if Cohen has put that much effort into the ghostbusters script, I'm excited to see it.

That would actually be a decent cast. Unlikely they'd get any of them though at this rate.

Just release the games cutscenes as an animated movie & call that Ghostbusters 3. Then do the next one as Ghostbusters 4

shame

i think CGI/animated would have been the best way to go and Bill Murray would have done it without hesitation

At this point I'd prefer it animated. Bill Murray would finally be in it and we'd get a true GB film with the young versions of the team and not some "passing the torch" film.

Only if it is done by Seth MacFarlane.

Just make the damned movie already. It's been over two decades.

An animated movie would be horrendous. It worked for a video game, not for a film. Part of the reason the original worked so well was the improv between the actors which you lose in animated form.

An animated film will be a downgrade. And I say that as an animation lover.

If it's not happening as animation, it's not happening at all. Back to your lives, citizens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"