Ghostbusters: Afterlife

I'm ready for something new, I like the idea of Ray and Winston carrying it on with a new team - sure I liked Murray, but he was always the skeptic, there's no room for skeptics now/can't even be a skeptic now and be in that job... but cameo's for sure would be great, like, there could be a running joke that the just wants to retire gracefully and every movie moving forward, he bumps into a ghost that gives him a hard time wether it be in the city, on an island, it's like he's still connected to them.. I can see his dead pan humour there.

After seeing Egon as a ghost I don’t think Venkman is a skeptic anymore.

After seeing Egon as a ghost I don’t think Venkman is a skeptic anymore.
and the events of the first two movies....

But his role in the first was the skeptic and the dry humour, that can't really continue and continue to be funny in the 4th entry. He should be the one wanting to get away from it all, ending up with a fright every now and then for comic relief as he rolls his eyes trying to retire in peace.

and the events of the first two movies....

But his role in the first was the skeptic and the dry humour, that can't really continue and continue to be funny in the 4th entry. He should be the one wanting to get away from it all, ending up with a fright every now and then for comic relief as he rolls his eyes trying to retire in peace.

Yeah that as his role in the 4th movie would be great. I just want him there as it hopefully means more Dana also.

It's interesting reading some of the posts in the recent pages, it seems some think the kids won't be the Ghostbusters in the sequel. :huh:

I think it would be pretty funny if GB became the Spengler family business, where the kids are Ghostbusters and the mum is the receptionist. Carrie Coon already displayed the DGAF attitude to make a fine successor to Janine.

I would assume we're getting some sort of official sequel announcement and release date. We shall see!

Also love to see Jason rocking the GB II shirt.

:awesome:

“We’re writing another movie. Tonight, we’re going to share the code name for the next chapter in the Spengler family story
,” adding, “The last time we saw Ecto-1, it was driving back into Manhattan: the home of Ghostbusters. That’s where our story begins. The code name is FIREHOUSE.”

“We’re writing another movie. Tonight, we’re going to share the code name for the next chapter in the Spengler family story
,” adding, “The last time we saw Ecto-1, it was driving back into Manhattan: the home of Ghostbusters. That’s where our story begins. The code name is FIREHOUSE.”

The Spengler family!!! :db:

Really curious if they bring Murray back.

Wasn’t the last time we saw Ecto-1 driving into the old building in the after credits scene? Though we didn’t see the driver I suppose.

Psyched for the sequel either way!

Wasn’t the last time we saw Ecto-1 driving into the old building in the after credits scene? Though we didn’t see the driver I suppose.

Psyched for the sequel either way!
My theory is the kids either visit or move to New York, which is how our new adventure will kick off. Podcast will follow around Ray, while Winston will mentor Phoebe. The two older kids will get into mischief. Fun times will be had!

Awesome!!! :D:mrk::up:

Given that Afterlife was delayed by a full year, they likely did most of the prep work on the story during that period and since it’s a relatively small film, I can easily see this shooting fast and being ready by next Fall. Although I wish they went to Chicago or another city, I’m curious where they take the story and I hope they don’t bring back Vigo.

As cool as it is to have the sequel go back to NYC, I’ve always wanted to have a Ghostbusters movie take place in New Orleans. Maybe for the third film?

I'm surprised how fast this is moving, I had no idea they'd began filming given we only got the confirmed sequel announcement recently, but as @Closerframe says a lot of the prep could have been done during the release delays as I guess they knew they had a winner on their hands with Afterlife. At any rate I'm looking forward to the sequel. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"