Ghostbusters 3 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I'd be perfectly happy with an new animated series on tv at this point. As long as it's done in traditional animation like Young Justice. I 've given up on a new movie a long time ago, but the comics from IDW are amazing.

Always news that gets shot down. Man, I used to say I figured we'd get another Star Wars movie before we got GBIII, and well, I guess I was right. As much a sI want to see this happen, I'm kind of ready for Akroyd to admit it isn't happening, and possibly go back to do a new video game. With the next gen consoles coming up, I'm sure a lot could be done with a new GB game, especially if the cast gets back on board.

Ghostbusters 3 is such a ****ed up mess. If Murray isn't in it, it won't be as good as it could have been. If Murray agrees to do it, but half-asses it, it won't be as good as it could have been. Honestly, and I say this as a huge Ghostbusters fan, but it's starting to feel like the most preferable option for me personally is a reboot. Ghostbusters is awesome. It's a fantastic property and it doesn't deserve to languish in the sad state it's been in for all these years.

Maybe it's just me, but I've always looked at Ghostbusters and thought, "What could have been...". They made such a cool world in those two movies, and they had such great style. I always felt it could have been a much bigger franchise than it ended up being. Maybe a reboot would allow the franchise to realize that potential.

I love the first two but I really don't see the point of making a third one. If they reboot whole thing and get different actors to portray these characters even then I will miss original cast.

With this though and the type of film it is and what it is generally about they can do a sequel which can be as fresh as reboot. It has been along time since the previous, technology has changed in this world so it would have changed in Ghostbustersland. Upgrades to equipment, the general way the ghosts are caught can all be rebooted while still keeping the story of the originals going.

If they are going for a complete reboot I would like to see a much darker movie. One that makes you **** yourself as a grown up rather than just a kid.

Just my opinion though.

At this point. Reboot it or dont make it

Just a do a live action tv series like Stargate SG-1. There's so much untapped potential to this franchise

Season 1 finale

*Lucifer rises from Time Square*

New leader- Look's like we're going to have to put in some overtime.

Just a do a live action tv series like Stargate SG-1. There's so much untapped potential to this franchise

Season 1 finale

*Lucifer rises from Time Square*

New leader- Look's like we're going to have to put in some overtime.

Oooo I never thought of a series.

That could be really good.

I don't know what to think about this movie anymore. A part of me wants to leave it like that, just like Back to the Future, don't mess with it.
But I would like to see what can they do, only with the main 4 characters. Otherwise, I'm not interested anymore. If the script was strong enough, the movie should be out already. I feel there's no faith enough in this movie.

The movies are old enough now they can be rebooted without much of a problem to me. There are full-fledged adults who are not as old as the second movie let alone the first. That opens up a whole new audience to the franchise who never saw it in theaters or just have never seen them at all.

With Murray more or less out and the script nowhere near written and all the other not happening bits it's not like we're going to miss out on anything except for maybe a Crystal Skull type group of heroes who are too old for this to be believable.

With Murray more or less out and the script nowhere near written and all the other not happening bits it's not like we're going to miss out on anything except for maybe a Crystal Skull type group of heroes who are too old for this to be believable.

-Too old
-Loses that edge that made the first movie good. Whatever happen to the Indiana Jones who said "JESUS!" to Marion in "Raiders of the lost ark?

-More family/merchandise friendly

That's probably what would happen to the 3rd movie. With the failure of "R.I.P.D" maybe audiences just don't care about that sort of movie.

Wow, R.I.P.D. did bomb, badly. Ghostbusters 3 at least has nostalgia and hype behind it and from what I just read, almost any story would be better.

They didn't realize R.I.P.D. looked a little too much like MIB?

I could care less if Murray came back for this. GB was never about/centric on him in my eyes.

They don't need Bill to do another GhostBusters film. This would be a passing of the torch film, so the originals wouldn't have as many scenes as the new cast anyway.

And years ago it was "Evolution" with David Ducovny and Sean William Scott fighting various alien creatures.

And years ago it was "Evolution" with David Ducovny and Sean William Scott fighting various alien creatures.

That was from Ivan Reitman too, it was like he tried to do another Ghostbusters for a new generation, they even created a logo too.

I liked Evolution but it did feel so familar, derivative and not up to its potential. Like a good b-movie only it was with a higher budget and cast of stars.

By the time the studio greenlights this thing all of the actors will be old and retired and they'll just reboot it.

By the time the studio greenlights this thing all of the actors will be old and retired and they'll just reboot it.

Now see, THIS is why I keep saying they should make a GB movie set in the future when the Ghostbusters have already died, because even THAT wouldn't necessarily exclude the original four from being in it: just CGI them into misshapen ghost forms and have them do the voices. :oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"