Ghostbusters 3 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh hell, just make it and release in 2015 with everything else. I mean why not right?

They don't need Bill to do another GhostBusters film. This would be a passing of the torch film, so the originals wouldn't have as many scenes as the new cast anyway.

This is what I keep saying. I've read recently that they're working on a script that could work with or without Bill Murrey. I see the original characters taking on apprentices to help in the ghost busting. By the end of the movie, the original characters retire and the new Ghostbusters take over. Then there can be several more sequels with the new, younger cast, with perhaps the occassional cameo from the original cast.

This is what I keep saying. I've read recently that they're working on a script that could work with or without Bill Murrey. I see the original characters taking on apprentices to help in the ghost busting. By the end of the movie, the original characters retire and the new Ghostbusters take over. Then there can be several more sequels with the new, younger cast, with perhaps the occassional cameo from the original cast.

This is pretty much how i feel as well. But who would be the new younger busters?

Personally I would go with hmm... it tough actually. I could see Neil Patrick Harris suiting up for it. It may not be a popular choice with everyone else.

Also I meantioned previously in this thread somewhere that Benidict Cumberbatch would be a cool choice.

Bill Hader or bust. Imagine all the Stephen King-lookalike jokes. Not to mention tributes.

Bill Hader or bust. Imagine all the Stephen King-lookalike jokes. Not to mention tributes.

Yeah good choice. Maybe someone younger to play a grown up Oscar... Aaron Johnson? Shia La....(Nope can't say it lol)

:hehe:

Michael Fassbender, Tom Hardy, Ben Cumberbatch and Karl Urban for the Busters' backpack weapons.

Idris Elba for Oscar.

Oscar- Today we're canceling the Marshmellow roast!

Or he could be the token black guy like Winston.

Idris plays an english man on vacation who get's swept up in the ghostbusters adventures.

Or the ghostbusters go to england

Yeah good choice. Maybe someone younger to play a grown up Oscar... Aaron Johnson? Shia La....(Nope can't say it lol)

F**k no! Don't even joke about that!

However, I do think it would be cool for a grown up Oscar to be one of the newer Ghostbusters. A link to the previous films without forcing a geriatric ghostbuster on us in every new movie.

Dunno who I'd cast in the roles though. I'd stear clear of anyone from Twilight, as well as Shia La-Deuche.

This is what I keep saying. I've read recently that they're working on a script that could work with or without Bill Murry. I see the original characters taking on apprentices to help in the ghost busting. By the end of the movie, the original characters retire and the new Ghostbusters take over. Then there can be several more sequels with the new, younger cast, with perhaps the occasional cameo from the original cast.

This is one of the reasons Bill Murray is reluctant to do a sequel. He said the new film isn't what Dan Akroyd is expecting and that the purpose of GB3 is to hand the franchise over to the studio. It only makes sense to give up the ghost to a new team though.

This is one of the reasons Bill Murray is reluctant to do a sequel. He said the new film isn't what Dan Akroyd is expecting and that the purpose of GB3 is to hand the franchise over to the studio. It only makes sense to give up the ghost to a new team though.

Well if he wanted the next sequel to focus on the original four, then he should have agreed to make GB3 20 years ago when the actors were all younger, healthier, and still relevant. Most young folks these days haven't even heard of Bill Murrey or Dan Akroyd, let alone seen any of their movies. It's sad, but true.

And passing the torch to a younger generation of actors doesn't necessarily mean that they'll have to hand the rights over to the studio. They can executive produce the future sequels, maintain complete control of the franchise, just not star in any of the movies anymore.

Well if he wanted the next sequel to focus on the original four, then he should have agreed to make GB3 20 years ago when the actors were all younger, healthier, and still relevant. Most young folks these days haven't even heard of Bill Murrey or Dan Akroyd, let alone seen any of their movies. It's sad, but true.

And passing the torch to a younger generation of actors doesn't necessarily mean that they'll have to hand the rights over to the studio. They can executive produce the future sequels, maintain complete control of the franchise, just not star in any of the movies anymore.

I would of loved to see GB3 when I was younger. At least the cartoon was really fun. Kids these days need to experience the awesomeness of Ghostbusters so I hope this reboot/sequel works out.

I'm not sure how the rights work specifically, but Akroyd says if they don't move forward with a sequel within a specific time frame he's taking the rights to the grave with him. http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/06/aykroyd-says-its-now-or-never-for-ghostbusters-3

Also I'm not saying they have to be the main stars or even should , but understandably Akroyd wants to have a big role in the sequel. I just want to see them as instructors. Maybe things get crazy towards the end and they have to gear up one last time.

Also I'm not saying they have to be the main stars or even should , but understandably Akroyd wants to have a big role in the sequel. I just want to see them as instructors. Maybe things get crazy towards the end and they have to gear up one last time.

That's my feeling too. Ray, Egon, and Winston (and possibly Peter) all work as trainers and administrators for Ghostbusters. The younger, healthier, more able bodied Ghostbusters do all the actual ghost busting, while the originals come up with new ghost busting gadgets, balance the books, and teach the newbies everything they know. Makes perfect, logical sense, and opens the door to a whole world of comedy gold.

Rumour: Emma Stone And Jonah Hill Allegedly Offered Roles In Ghostbusters 3

It’s looking like make or break day over at Schmoes Know as their Wonder Woman and Terminator stories have come accompanied with a rather surprising Ghostbusters 3 claim.

If you choose to believe that the Schmoes have turned into a super-fast scoop machine, and aren’t just winging it across a chasm to certain indignity, then you’ll be fascinated to hear how both Jonah Hill and Emma Stone have been offered roles in the long-developing Ghostbusters threequel.

That’s right: they aren’t on a wish list, they’ve actually been offered deals.

The parts, they say, will be called Jeremy and Anna. Sounds quite like Jonah and Emma. Especially if you say it really quickly. With your mouth full. And somebody pinching your nose.

I have a hunch as to where the Schmoes might be getting all of these stories from, and it will be the same single document.
Or, for all we know, it might be thin air. Let’s see how this streak pans out.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/11...ters-3/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Please no to Jonah Hill I don't hate the kid but he is not ghostbuster material now Emma that's another story. I honestly would have no problem with this whole third film idea biting the dust at this point it's just such a tired and beaten down idea.

Hasn't Jonah Hill proven himself? This isn't circa 2007-Superbad. He's an Oscar nominated actor that has done solid work in Moneyball, This is the End, 21 Jump Street and looks to be Wolf of Wall Street.

They could do much worse. I assume they want him to be adult Oscar?

Honestly, if I had to pick anyone from that whole Apatow crew, it would be between Paul Rudd and Jason Segal. Both men would absolutely NAIL it. Bill Hader too.

Paul Rudd
Jason Segal
Bill Hader
Emma Stone

ABSOLUTELY NOT:
Jonah Hill
Seth Rogen
Michael Cera
Zach Galifanakis
Steve Carrell

^ They've all outstayed their welcome by about 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"