Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Anyone else mainly disappointed that they didn't play the theme?

Maybe there saving it for a meaningful scene in the movie? Atleast it wont be a crappy cover by panic at the disco and selling papa johns pizza.

Im curious if the film makes it way to New York or stays in this small rural town? Its a dead giveaway Egon is the grandpa who passed away and maybe the older cast comes-back after they had a falling out 30 years prior?

Im curious if the film makes it way to New York or stays in this small rural town? Its a dead giveaway Egon is the grandpa who passed away and maybe the older cast comes-back after they had a falling out 30 years prior?

I think the original Ghostbusters will make their way into the small rural town.

I feel like this could be another Blade Runner 2049 with the first half heavily influenced by the original, and then the second half finally introduces the original characters into the story for one final hybrid of both old and new. After watching the trailer, I'm ok with this.

OH MY GOSH!
I legit got chills and a tear in the corner of my eye. This looks beautiful. I'll watch this a dozen times. Just....YES!!!

No i wanna hear it during i watch this in my local Cinema
Yeah I'm sure it'll be a huge surprise...

I knew they weren't going to play the theme. Trailers these days are so predictable.

Its made me curious to say the least. i admit my disappointment with none of the originals showing up in this first trailer. but i think they did that because this film is actually about these new characters and they want to let the audience know its their story.

I am curious to know where this film is going though. i almost get the feeling there is some mystery in the film that will be answered as the film goes on.

I dunno what to make of it.

Nice teaser. The tone is a little more serious than I expected compared to the originals. But I guess after the reboot went a more comedic route, they’re trying to establish this is different.

I am surprised we didn’t get a slowed down version of the theme song that usually happens in these trailers these days.

That did look like slimmer and it also look like there bringing back the terror dogs.

Was that Slimer in one shot?
I thought it was Slimer at first too but it looks like a new ghost. Its blue:

GB%252520gif%252520Ecto%252520Town.gif

I don’t know what to make of it. To me it comes across as equally distant from the original as the all-girl film a few years back. It’s so far removed from anything resembling GB it may as well be something else entirely.

Better quality version:

I think this looks really good. I just hope that the old cast have bigger roles than just small cameos.

Hopefully they learned from Star Wars and actually filmed a scene with the original cast together.

If they (sony) learned anything from that 2016 movie then show as little of the old cast and theme song as possible.

I think its just the tone of the trailer they went for. it has an eerie nostalgic vibe to it. i do not think this says alot about the actual film. its just the way they are selling this first trailer to the audience.

Its fair to say that if we are expecting it to be the original characters story... thats probably not the case. but i imagine they won't be wasted. even if they turn up fairly later in the film.

Hopefully they learned from Star Wars and actually filmed a scene with the original cast together.
That's impossible, you do realize that right? I mean, I know it is a ghost story, but...

So, I loved the trailer. I haven't been following this, because well just like the YT comments indicated, humanity sucks. But I really liked the trailer. It has a nice, lived-in feel to it, and I am sucker for "kids getting way in over their" stories. And this is Egon's family right? Because Stranger Things and Annabelle look just like him. Oh, and if this ends up good, Mckenna Grace is officially the secret to making weird, shouldn't work, horror remakes/sequels.

The switch from New York to a midwestern setting had me thinking “Ghostbusters: Watchmen” the whole time.

Watchmen spoiler
the twist is that Paul Rudd is possessed by Egon the whole time.

I just don’t think I like the idea of kid ghostbusters. No matter how much more earnest this attempt actually is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"