Gina Carano is No Longer Cara Dune... Fortunately

She really has. I know everybody's gonna jump to defend her and accuse us of fat shaming but it's day and night compared to when she used to train.

Even her promo art was significantly slimmer.
View attachment 29456

I really don't get why anyone would call a former champ female MMA fighter "fat". But it's not like you'd ever get the chance to say that to her face.

Not every woman is 5'2" and 120 lbs. boys. You knew you were gonna get called out, and still post this eye rolling garbage post...

I really don't get why anyone would call a former champ female MMA fighter "fat". But it's not like you'd ever get the chance to say that to her face.

Not every woman is 5'2" and 120 lbs. boys. You knew you were gonna get called out, and still post this eye rolling garbage post...

Yawn. I knew my reply was too much for someone to just ignore without coming to her unneeded defense. Not everything needs to be argued. What we said was straight forward and is an observation in an otherwise dead thread that has very little interest.

And nothing needs to be said to her face that she can’t see in the mirror anyway. I was merely stating facts, not trying to deter anybody’s moral compass. And next time you wanna complain that not every woman is 5’2”, 120lbs, maybe you should put your energy to talking to the people who drew the concept art because what she looks like in the live-action show and what they drew has obvious weight differences instead of trying to “call me out”. You sound silly.

2sD4muN.jpg

Yawn. I knew my reply was too much for someone to just ignore without coming to her unneeded defense. Not everything needs to be argued. What we said was straight forward and is an observation in an otherwise dead thread that has very little interest.

And nothing needs to be said to her face that she can’t see in the mirror anyway. I was merely stating facts, not trying to deter anybody’s moral compass. And next time you wanna complain that not every woman is 5’2”, 120lbs, maybe you should put your energy to talking to the people who drew the concept art because what she looks like in the live-action show and what they drew has obvious weight differences instead of trying to “call me out”. You sound silly.

Well excuse me for pointing out your eye rolling "she looks fat" crappy "opinion" in a "dead thread"

I thought she did a great job actually. Much better than expected surprising performance and I liked her scenes with Mando. I hope they feature her again. She was also kick ass at the action scenes as expected.

So was she a shock trooper before joining the Rebellion? I forget.

Carano is 37 and she's not training and cutting weight to fight anymore. And when fighters are training, they are borderline starving themselves.

IMHO for this type of role, I think it's better she's got some meat on the bones. IMHO, she doesn't look "fat" or "obese." As the cliche in MMA goes, she looks "thicc, solid, tight."

IMHO nothing wrong with how she looks. She's a battle-hardened ex-soldier in her 30s. She doesn't need to look like a GQ cover ready super-model version of an athlete.

Gina Carano gets a lot of flack for her acting, but honestly I've always liked her. It's not like she's getting super complicated or deep roles anyways, and I think she's already shown to be perfectly capable in the stuff she has gotten. This role was tailored made for her, and I'm really liking her character so far.

Gina Carano gets a lot of flack for her acting, but honestly I've always liked her. It's not like she's getting super complicated or deep roles anyways, and I think she's already shown to be perfectly capable in the stuff she has gotten. This role was tailored made for her, and I'm really liking her character so far.

IMHO she's more of a physical performer. I think she's got that part down here. I think this is a role that's well suited for her. A grizzled war veteran who is trying to lay low and knows how to take care of herself.

Also, I think Carano's mass is a good asset for this role because unlike say Dani in Dark Fate, she looks like she can beat up another guy convincingly. And once again, when I say mass, I mean "thicc, solid, tight." I don't mean "fat."

She really has. I know everybody's gonna jump to defend her and accuse us of fat shaming but it's day and night compared to when she used to train.

Even her promo art was significantly slimmer.
View attachment 29456
Im not ragging on you for this have heard this from a few people honestly think its a combo of things, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney maybe started with old photos of her from her MMA days when they were working on the art.
55834.jpg

This is her after her last weight cut to 145lbs which she climbed to very quickly rise to from 135lbs which to me means she was likely killing herself to make even that. (Gonna hazard a guess she was starting her cut from somewhere around 185-190lbs) when you compare it to a more recent photo of her and Cavill who we know is a relatively big guy.
article-2276515-177B337A000005DC-135_960x1354.jpg

I just say this as someone who's met a MMA fighter who is known for cutting a lot weight in Kevin Lee when I met him if the bloke next to me hadn't said who it was I wouldn't have recognized him its insane the difference between some fighters when they're not fighting and when they are.

Wouldn't even say its a case of lack of discipline or anything like that just 9/10 what you see on the scale is not an optimal or healthiest version of that athlete.

Yeah as I said earlier. Fighters are basically starving themselves and wrecking their bodies in order to hit their weigh-in marks. It's not healthy.

You two pointed it out more eloquently than I did a month ago, but that was pretty much my point. I just knew someone would be ready to get triggered without trying to understand what I was actually tying to say.

But yeah, her physique really helps make you believe how capable she is to stand toe to toe with anyone and how hard she can hit. Not fancy flips and armbars and 20 punches that have no effect but that punch to the Mando was straight out of what Batman did to a goon in BvS and I loved it.

You two pointed it out more eloquently than I did a month ago, but that was pretty much my point. I just knew someone would be ready to get triggered without trying to understand what I was actually tying to say.

But yeah, her physique really helps make you believe how capable she is to stand toe to toe with anyone and how hard she can hit. Not fancy flips and armbars and 20 punches that have no effect but that punch to the Mando was straight out of what Batman did to a goon in BvS and I loved it.
Yeah I definitely loved her fighting style hopefully we get to see more of her as the season goes on.

So was she a shock trooper before joining the Rebellion? I forget.

So did the Rebel Alliance have these as well lol?
source.gif

Because that's what my mind went to straight away when they said shock trooper.

The subtitles said she was a drop soldier during the Rebellion, not a shock trooper.
I like that she looks like she could do what she does in the show (or movies).

Surprised this thread hasn't seen more activity; I thought Gina did a great job on this show. She was a true badass, but as the show goes on, they chip away a bit at her gruff exterior to show the humanity within. I don't know if Cara had any interactions with Ming Na Wen's character prior to the show timeline, but I would love to see a prequel series that features the two of them teaming up.

Yeah I definitely loved her fighting style hopefully we get to see more of her as the season goes on.

So did the Rebel Alliance have these as well lol?
source.gif

Because that's what my mind went to straight away when they said shock trooper.

Not a literally Soldier that shocks, more like special forces delta force secretly dropped in to take down/ capture/ neutralize specific targets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"