Chapter Six Spoiler Discussion

Discussion in 'The Mandalorian' started by DarthSkywalker, Dec 13, 2019.

1. jolldan Registered

Just got round to watching episode 6 last night, would say its a toss up between this episode 1 or 3 for my favourite of the season so far.

Really liked the team of mercenaries how each had their different skills and how they each had their own skills and uses. I also really liked that they felt different to the guild, maybe it was just me but they felt more of a ragtag group. Like this is who you call if you maybe can't afford Mando or IG-88.

Burr was the highlight actually got to give him some acting credit because the guy is my absolute favourite comedian on Earth right now so getting me to dislike him I thought would maybe be a bit of a stretch, as soon as he jokingly dropped baby yoda I was internally screaming "YOU ARE DEAD TO ME BILL!":funny:. Loved his gags about not being a Stormtrooper and asking if Mando was a Gungan.

The takeover scene of the prison and Mando just picking them off one by one was awesome to watch. The red lighting made it look like a borderline horror movie.

Also X-Wings:applaud

10/10

2. WonderTwin Registered

I was a little surprised that the sentry droids just continued walking casually around the prison with their guns drawn during the breakout. Didn't they have any way of knowing there was a bunch of people running through the halls smashing droids and setting fire to things? They didn't seem to know Mando & co. were there until they walked into them.

Also, what did Mando mean when he said at the end "I told you that was a bad idea"? What was he referring to?

3. MandoFan I did disintegrate a few of them.

Also, what did Mando mean when he said at the end "I told you that was a bad idea"? What was he referring to?

I took that as a joke. Like as if Mando and Baby Yoda were discussing next steps beforehand and it was Baby Yoda's idea for Mando to go on a heist with some mercenaries he used to work with. It implies Mando was against the idea and he had tried to talk Baby Yoda out of doing it. The more you think about it, the more ridiculous it gets. I laughed out loud!

4. Mondragon My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey

For me anyway, watching the plan unfold you realize taking on this motley crew, who you anticipate are going to betray him, jeopardizing the Yoby bringing them all on board, even leaving one alone on the ship with the Yoby. Plus even Ranzar Malk knows about the Yoby.
    All seem like a bad idea, so the whole time you are wondering, what was he thinking, how did he not see this coming!?

The last line answers that question, just brings it back to the beginning, so you imagine just before he's landing the Razor Crest in the docking bay opening shot, he must have said that out loud to himself and the Yoby - "This is a bad idea!" Like yeah he knew going in.
    Just a clever way to bring it full circle.

#79 Mondragon, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  5. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

I admit I might need (yet another) rewatch.... weren't they jamming the communications signals of the prison ship? Perhaps that interfered with the droids ability to communicate throughout the ship, so only groups the team ran across knew that there were intruders?
    I imagine it had to do with a conversation he had with Baby Yoda (but more probably just talking to himself, saying his options out loud, with Baby Yoda interjecting with the occasional coo-ing noise) before the episode started/off screen. That the option he came up with - going to see Ran and seeing if he had a job for them - would probably end up being a bad idea. Cue end of the episode's "Told you that was a bad idea.".

6. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

So how do you all feel about Mando leaving the heist team alive? Other than being obvious season 2 bait, I can't but feel it was somewhat...out of character? He has no problems killing, and they're all clearly going to come after him eventually. Don't see why he just didn't waste them.

7. Mjolnir Reborn Blunt Instrument

No, I was just using your stance as a base for showing that you disproved your own statement. I see that you chose to completely avoid to respond to those parts though.

8. WonderTwin Registered

I wondered that too, especially since they saw the Yoby, and being mercenaries they'll help anybody hunt Mando down who pays them enough. And, Xi'an clearly knows a LOT about him, and that could certainly be dangerous. All of them had at one point or another tried to kill him, and would be a threat to the Yoby, so him not killing them in the name of self-preservation did seem strange.

9. Mjolnir Reborn Blunt Instrument

I assume the reasoning is that he put them in the position they tried to put him into. Poetic justice, and as a bounty hunter he has a lot of experience taking people down alive. He clearly still doesn't have any issues killing people seeing how he made sure the entire space station got blown up at the end.

10. MandoFan I did disintegrate a few of them.

Yeah, in the future they may feel like they owe him for not killing them. Besides, what's 3 more chumps chasing him when half the scumbags in the Outer Rim are already on his tail? As far as setting up the space station to be obliterated by the X-Wings, he knew the guy running the operation well enough to realize he'd be immediately sending a ship after him.

11. TheVileOne Registered

To me that's just the conscience of Mando. He would rather avoid killing the scoundrels. Not that he refuses to kill, but he'd prefer to avoid it.

MurkeNyou likes this.
  12. PunyGod Astronomer

How do you define "out of character"?

We knew he was a good guy from the moment he saved Yoda in the first episode. There has been no change or development in his character in the whole show so far.

TheVileOne and MurkeNyou like this.
  13. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

Well all of of them A left him behind on betrayal, B attempted to kill him when he escaped. Two of them he was in after he combat with, I don't see any reason why he shouldn't have iced them especially when fighting.

#88 BrollySupersj, Dec 17, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  14. MandoFan I did disintegrate a few of them.

I think he saw the three of them as just doing a job whereas it was the guy back at the space station pulling the strings. I enjoyed watching him humiliate the three of them even more than killing them all.

15. Persona Registered

Other than starting on the inside of the job, Mando went full Batman in this one. DC could probably sue for that shot of him coming up behind Mayfield.

KaijuDude1992, 3rdstone and MandoFan like this.
  16. MovieSlave Registered

Really enjoyed this episode, especially all the guest stars.

As for the talk about a buildup to his face. We all know it's Pascal but what I hope happens is they only show it in the very last scene of the finale and he takes off his helmet just for baby Yoda.

MandoFan likes this.
  17. Schlosser85 A Very Stable Genius

Finally catching up on this. A really fun heist episode with some good twists and turns with the backstabbing and tension among the motley crew. Also we see once again Mando's conscience as he tries to avoid killing the New Republic officer.

- LOL at Baby Yoda trying to do some Force thing and for a moment being confused and thinking he killed Zero with his hand.

- LOL @ the shade thrown at Stormtrooper marksmanship

- Canto Bight reference

- Nice seeing familiar aliens like Natalia Tena's Twi'lek, the same species as Rio from Solo, one of the little mouse droids, and was that one prisoner in an Imperial officer uniform?

- was Zero one of the bounty hunters in Empire Strikes Back?

- Didn't realize that was Clancy Brown until the credits

- The ending didn't make clear if Tena's brother and Mark Boone Junior survived or not.

TheVileOne likes this.
  18. TheVileOne Registered

The android bounty hunter in Empire was 4-LOM, but Zero definitely sort of resembles him.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They both have those large bug like eyes.

19. Mondragon My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey

Similar although from the mouth area Zero looks more like a more bug-eyed variation on the RA-7 droid.

TheVileOne likes this.
  20. TheVileOne Registered

Yup. Good comparison.

21. jolldan Registered

22. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

After Chapter 5 was the first episode to disappoint me, this chapter was amazing, loved it from start to finish.

23. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

This really describes what I liked about this episode so much. :up::D:

flickchick85 and AVEITWITHJAMON like this.
  24. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

This makes me lol everytime