The Mandalorian Chapter Six Spoiler Discussion

So how do you all feel about Mando leaving the heist team alive? Other than being obvious season 2 bait, I can't but feel it was somewhat...out of character? He has no problems killing, and they're all clearly going to come after him eventually. Don't see why he just didn't waste them.

I wondered that too, especially since they saw the Yoby, and being mercenaries they'll help anybody hunt Mando down who pays them enough. And, Xi'an clearly knows a LOT about him, and that could certainly be dangerous. All of them had at one point or another tried to kill him, and would be a threat to the Yoby, so him not killing them in the name of self-preservation did seem strange.

So how do you all feel about Mando leaving the heist team alive? Other than being obvious season 2 bait, I can't but feel it was somewhat...out of character? He has no problems killing, and they're all clearly going to come after him eventually. Don't see why he just didn't waste them.

I assume the reasoning is that he put them in the position they tried to put him into. Poetic justice, and as a bounty hunter he has a lot of experience taking people down alive. He clearly still doesn't have any issues killing people seeing how he made sure the entire space station got blown up at the end.

I assume the reasoning is that he put them in the position they tried to put him into. Poetic justice, and as a bounty hunter he has a lot of experience taking people down alive. He clearly still doesn't have any issues killing people seeing how he made sure the entire space station got blown up at the end.

Yeah, in the future they may feel like they owe him for not killing them. Besides, what's 3 more chumps chasing him when half the scumbags in the Outer Rim are already on his tail? As far as setting up the space station to be obliterated by the X-Wings, he knew the guy running the operation well enough to realize he'd be immediately sending a ship after him.

To me that's just the conscience of Mando. He would rather avoid killing the scoundrels. Not that he refuses to kill, but he'd prefer to avoid it.

How do you define "out of character"?

We knew he was a good guy from the moment he saved Yoda in the first episode. There has been no change or development in his character in the whole show so far.

Well all of of them A left him behind on betrayal, B attempted to kill him when he escaped. Two of them he was in after he combat with, I don't see any reason why he shouldn't have iced them especially when fighting.

Last edited:
Well all of of them A left him behind one betrayal, B attempted to kill him when he escaped. Two of them he was in after he combat with, I don't see any reason why he shouldn't have iced them especially when fighting.

I think he saw the three of them as just doing a job whereas it was the guy back at the space station pulling the strings. I enjoyed watching him humiliate the three of them even more than killing them all.

Really enjoyed this episode, especially all the guest stars.

As for the talk about a buildup to his face. We all know it's Pascal but what I hope happens is they only show it in the very last scene of the finale and he takes off his helmet just for baby Yoda.

Finally catching up on this. A really fun heist episode with some good twists and turns with the backstabbing and tension among the motley crew. Also we see once again Mando's conscience as he tries to avoid killing the New Republic officer.

- LOL at Baby Yoda trying to do some Force thing and for a moment being confused and thinking he killed Zero with his hand.

- LOL @ the shade thrown at Stormtrooper marksmanship

- Canto Bight reference

- Nice seeing familiar aliens like Natalia Tena's Twi'lek, the same species as Rio from Solo, one of the little mouse droids, and was that one prisoner in an Imperial officer uniform?

- was Zero one of the bounty hunters in Empire Strikes Back?

- Didn't realize that was Clancy Brown until the credits

- The ending didn't make clear if Tena's brother and Mark Boone Junior survived or not.

The android bounty hunter in Empire was 4-LOM, but Zero definitely sort of resembles him.

Q9-0.jpeg

latest

They both have those large bug like eyes.

Similar although from the mouth area Zero looks more like a more bug-eyed variation on the RA-7 droid.

After Chapter 5 was the first episode to disappoint me, this chapter was amazing, loved it from start to finish.

Just got round to watching episode 6 last night, would say its a toss up between this episode 1 or 3 for my favourite of the season so far.

Really liked the team of mercenaries how each had their different skills and how they each had their own skills and uses. I also really liked that they felt different to the guild, maybe it was just me but they felt more of a ragtag group. Like this is who you call if you maybe can't afford Mando or IG-88.

Burr was the highlight actually got to give him some acting credit because the guy is my absolute favourite comedian on Earth right now so getting me to dislike him I thought would maybe be a bit of a stretch, as soon as he jokingly dropped baby yoda I was internally screaming "YOU ARE DEAD TO ME BILL!":funny:. Loved his gags about not being a Stormtrooper and asking if Mando was a Gungan.

The takeover scene of the prison and Mando just picking them off one by one was awesome to watch. The red lighting made it look like a borderline horror movie.

Also X-Wings:applaud

10/10
This really describes what I liked about this episode so much. :up::D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"