Chapter Six Spoiler Discussion

Discussion in 'The Mandalorian' started by DarthSkywalker, Dec 13, 2019.

1. PunyGod Astronomer

By creating such a buildup over his face reveal they are only setting us up for disappointment. What could he possibly look like that would live up to our expectations.

2. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Doesn't feel like much buildup to me.

MandoFan likes this.
  3. MandoFan I did disintegrate a few of them.

Yeah, I'm not feeling any build up. It's just his way. I don't need to see his face to get to know him. It's in his voice and actions. That's actually something I really like about this series. Every single episode is an opportunity to get to know him better.

4. PunyGod Astronomer

You just had an entire scene with 4 characters discussing what he looks like and teasing him to take the helmet off. In a previous episode a woman almost removes it and we see him take it off himself in the same episode.

Characters are constantly referencing the fact that he never takes off his helmet. I'd say there is a decent amount of build up.

5. Mondragon My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey

If (big if) he ever takes off the helmet it's not going to be about what he looks like, that's the irrelevant part (we can assume Pascal, it's not "building" to some big surprise about that. If your watching the show for that, I don't think this is for you.
    If they do it at all, it'll be about why he finally does. That is what will mater.

Show is about identity, not what he looks like, but who he is.

#55 Mondragon, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  6. MandoFan I did disintegrate a few of them.

Yeah, some of the other characters are curious, but so what? I don't care one little bit what he looks like. My journey with him is about his experiences and the trials he's endured and every chapter delivers on those.

#56 MandoFan, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  7. Schlosser85 A Very Stable Genius

......I'd imagine he looks like Pedro Pascal

8. Zorro IncognitoX

They've explained why he never removes the helmet and what it would mean. If he actually does end up removing it, the focus will be on how and why he decided to remove it if he does willingly and where he goes from there

9. flickchick85 Admin of Might

This was my favorite episode of the bunch, tbh. It felt less predictable than most of the others, and I think Famuyiwa has been the best director of the show thus far, based on his work here and on episode 2. Just lots of nice visual touches.

10. PunyGod Astronomer

Like I said. Disappointment. They shouldn't be drawing this much attention to it unless it is something special.

11. Mjolnir Reborn Blunt Instrument

It is something special in itself. It makes sense that people react to that someone never shows his face, which could have several different implications for them, and it's part of delving into this Mandalorian culture. It would rather be weird if everyone just ignored it.

Lencho01, MandoFan and Schlosser85 like this.
  12. Mondragon My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey

Dude , we've seen him as a kid, first episode! they cast a young Pascal, when the doors shut on that face and is presumably rescued into the Mando's tribe going forward he has no identity. Identity is not about what he looks like, his appearance is not some special secret they are hiding from you, we know that, it's not and was never about that.

That you've hinged your entire expectations, enjoyment and focused on the wrong thing, a what he "might " look like reveal, which they showed episode 1, speaks to your short vision, not theirs.

Again: If the helmet comes off, it'll be about why he finally takes it off, not what he looks like.

You're entirely focused on the wrong thing.

#62 Mondragon, Dec 15, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    Lencho01, MandoFan and Schlosser85 like this.
  13. Schlosser85 A Very Stable Genius

Why would you be expecting him to look like anything else? He hides his face because he’s a Mandalorian, not because there’s something bizarre about his appearance.

Sithborg, Lencho01 and MandoFan like this.
  14. MandoFan I did disintegrate a few of them.

What I gathered from Chapter 3 was that they never remove their helmets because that could expose how many of them there are and at this point in time, they are in hiding. I suspect that with the empire now defeated, the time could come when they will no longer need to hide and then maybe we'll see their faces.

But whatever the reason ends up being, I'm sure it will be worth waiting for.

15. PunyGod Astronomer

I'm not focused on anything. The show is building the expectation itself. Literally every episode had someone ask why he doesn't take his helmet off. And now you have a tense scene where someone actually tries to remove it by force. If it wasn't important there was no need to address it beyond the first episode.

But I guess since the show so far has literally ZERO character development or story progression this is all they have.

16. Mjolnir Reborn Blunt Instrument

As people have already said, it is important as it's Mandalorian culture. The show has already explained multiple meanings of it, and the three people having tried to take it off all did it for different reasons. It just isn't important for what's under the helmet since we've already seen the kid. He won't have grown up to become a different species so the show is in no way whatsoever building up an expectation of something odd being under there.

As for the second part, I'd be interested to hear an argument trying to say that everything in the show is in the exact same place as when it started.

MandoFan likes this.
  17. PunyGod Astronomer

After the first episode the only event of any consequence was when he left the guild.

So that leaves 4 episodes out of 6 where absolutely nothing of importance happened.

18. Mjolnir Reborn Blunt Instrument

So am I to take it that you don't know what the word "literally" means? It seems odd since your capital letters of "ZERO" seems to further indicate that you really meant what you wrote.

Anyway, here you are arguing against what you wrote by providing some story progression, although you left out the character development that's been done, of which there's been some in each episode except for the fifth. If you haven't enjoyed what has been delivered, or if you think there's too little focus on it, it would make more sense saying that.

19. PunyGod Astronomer

So you agree in 6 whole episodes we've had one single event happen.

Yeah that's some great story progression. :whatever:

20. WonderTwin Registered

Am I the only person who was sort of hoping Davan would end up not getting killed? When they gave the character a name I thought, maybe, but then he just got blown away anyhow. Darn.

21. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

Just finished this episode now, and I've been thoroughly entertained once again. I like a good heist episode. All the new characters were memorable, especially the Twi'Lek woman. It was fun, and the ending was top notch, seeing old style X-Wings rule the day again. And the scene with the child and the droid, that got a good chuckle out of me.

#71 BrollySupersj, Dec 15, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    KaijuDude1992 and MandoFan like this.
  22. MandoFan I did disintegrate a few of them.

PunyGod, great name and avatar btw, some of the story progression has to do with his past. Chapter 1 tells us a little about a horrific event from his childhood and then Chapter 3 expands on that a bit. Chapter 2 shows us his willingness to learn from Kuiil despite his typical pattern of rushing in and destroying everything in his path. Chapter 3 also shows us his decision to choose the path of following his conscience rather than blindly following his obligation to the guild. Chapter 4 shows his learning that protecting the child involves more than just finding a place that doesn't support the guild or the empire. Chapter 5 shows his willingness to accept counsel on parenting as well as his desire to teach a green bounty hunter. Chapter 6 tells us about the kind of people he used to keep company with but has outgrown. Literally every single chapter has taught me something new about this character and that's why I love it.

23. Zorro IncognitoX

Even though it's only 8 episodes, it's an action-adventure show and being serialised is perfect for the Star Wars Universe than purely story progression like a drama show. Main story here and there with some backstory sprinkled in and that's fine as a TV show with a 2nd season coming. Finale may have a ton of story stuff!

It worked for old school shows with tons of side stuff and a few big story episodes or multiple part series.

KaijuDude1992 and MandoFan like this.
  24. PunyGod Astronomer

I'm just getting more and more impatient with the amount of decompression in current TV shows. I understand the argument about taking time to tell a story and I agree with it up to a certain point. It seems like a lot of shows are crossing that point now.

With the amount of content out there it is a major investment for me to watch a whole season of TV, so it should be worth my while.

25. Casdean Registered

Exactly and Mando is now one of my favorite charechter