The Mandalorian Chapter Six Spoiler Discussion

I didn't even know Bill Burr was in this show. I thought he hated nerdy stuff? But it was fun seeing ol Billy Red Face.

I enjoyed this episode.

No he doesn't. The dude loves One-Punch Man. Also work is work. Dude isn't going to turn down Disney money to be in a Star Wars series.

I get the feeling the last two episodes are going to be very connected and possibly a two parter, especially after looking at IMDB and seeing Gina Carno being listed in both. Ginacarlo Esposito is also credited in the next episode, so whatever the main plot is with Baby Yoda and Werner Herzog and the rest of those Imperial Soldiers should could back into focus really soon. I can understand how some have problems with constant side missions in this series though, but I also think him being a Bounty Hunter kind of excuses that.

Well the next two episodes are the last ones for the season. Makes sense they would end it with a two parter. Basically started with a three-part miniseries. And end with a two-part season finale.

I didn't even know Bill Burr was in this show. I thought he hated nerdy stuff? But it was fun seeing ol Billy Red Face.

I enjoyed this episode.
Star Wars transcends all. :o

Okay I loved this episode quite a bit. Felt more Star Wars-y than the last two. Also Dave Filoni flying an X-Wing brought a huge smile to my face.

I thought this was a big step up from last week's episode. I had no idea the Devaronian was played by Clancy Brown until the credits.

It took me a while but I placed him after a little bit. I think it's really cool he finally got to play a live-action Star Wars character. Plus, since his character lived, we can see this group of cutthroats again at some point.

I laughed so hard when I saw Filoni. Good for him.

I didn't care too much for these new characters. I wouldn't be upset if we never saw them again.

FYI for the character names for the director cameos:

Dave Filoni - Trapper Wolf
Rick Famuyiwa - Jib Dodger
Deborah Chow - Sash Ketter

Hmm, I see a lot of people praising this episode over last week, but to be honest I think this one was worse than Episode 5 and way worse than Episode 4.

With Ran, Mayfeld, Burg, Zero, Xi'an, and Qin we have entirely too many unimportant one-note side-characters in one episode. Five of them were introduced before the freaking title card showed up and I really didn't care for any of them.

The three characters from last week already weren't as interesting as IG-11, Kuiil, Cara Dune, The Client or Greef Carga, but this felt like another step down to me. I wish they had one or two of those characters stick around a bit longer, but we'll probably see some of them in the finale.

There were some nice references and a couple of good moments, but overall not really feeling it. The two episodes I disliked were not written by Jon Favreau, so we'll see what happens with the last two.
You weren’t supposed to care about them.
They were just random scumbags that Mando had to work with for a job :funny:

I very much liked this episode and it is definitely the funniest one for me so far. The humor was on point in so many occasions. Bill Burr and the rest of the crew were great and they all had excellent chemistry.

Mando going all Predator and taking out everyone was awesome. It was cool to see X-Wings again and it was nice to see Filoni cameo as one of the X-Wing pilots

Even though these past three episodes have been filler episodes, they have been very enjoyable and it’s great to see new locations and characters around the galaxy

Sucks there’s only 2 episodes left but at least we get the next one a day earlier

You weren’t supposed to care about them.
They were just random scumbags that Mando had to work with for a job :funny:
I get that, but that doesn't make it any more interesting to watch them or Mando's interactions with them. I feel like they could've done away with half of them and it wouldn't have changed the episode at all. James Mangold has famously said that a story is only as interesting as your supporting characters. You can have the best main character, special effects, and beautiful sets, but if he's talking to a piece of wood, it won't matter much.

At first I wasn't too hot on the group. They felt over the top with all the weird knife stuff and try hard humor. They felt extremely annoying to be extremely annoying. But as they went on, they really worked imo. Especially considering what their plan was. It turned the Mando turning into Predator so much fun. I wanted him to get them. Also I found it really interesting to learn a bit of the Mando's backstory and what he use to do.

Out of the three attempts to do the "odd job" story, this was by far the best imo. Also the Mando is a bounty hunter. This is literally his job. So if he goes out on jobs, all I ask is they be interesting. For me this was very fun and very interesting with all the world building and lore that I just eat up. Also the most Lone Wolf and Cub the show has been since episode 3 imo. Which is always a lot better.

Love your post, DS.

I was 10 when Star Wars was first released and this show is the most Star Wars fun I've had since Return of the Jedi. In fact the only Star Wars toy I ever had was a custom built Anakin Episode II light saber. For the first time ever I'm actually buying action figures!

Can't wait for the next chapter!

Chapter Six: The Prisoner

I love Bill Burr and he was hilarious in this episode but I can’t help but feel he was kind of out of place in this universe a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"